Beautiful New (2010) Log Cabin with Views of Gore Mountain
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Johnsburg cabin description
The cabin is set up with two floors. The main floor has a good sized Master BR (King Log Bed, TV/DVD/VCR), a Bunk Room (bunk beds + one twin), Bathroom (includes shower/tub), kitchen, dining area and open plan living room (with large TV/DVD/VCR). As of April 1, 2013 we have added FREE WIFI!
There is a fully equipped Kitchen with granite counter tops, breakfast bar and all new Appliances (including fullsize refridgerator, microwave, oven AND dishwasher!).
Downstairs has it's own full Bathroom, bedroom (two twins) and bonus room (double size futon). There is also a huge gameroom with ping pong table and seperate living room area with TV/VCR/DVD and sega video games for the kids. Laundry room with washer/drayer is also located on lower level.
Covered decks front and back each have their own porch swing, perfect for that morning coffee. Back porch also has a picnic table and gas grille for those warmer days. Third walk-out deck on lower level has a hot tub ready to soak away your aches and pains after skiing, hiking, kayaking or Mountain Biking. If you choose to stay at Angler's Rest you will never be sorry!
- 2000 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Living Room seats 6:
- Linens Provided:
- Outdoor fire pit available for summer cookout/smores. Creek runs along bottom of property. Tourist Attractions including Outlet Shopping, Six Flags theme park, Drive In Movie, Parasailing, Scenic Boat Tours, Arcades, Restaurants, etc. are a half hour drive away in Lake George. In summer there is downhill mountain biking at both Gore Mountain and Oak Mountain (in Speculator)....moreless
- DVD Player:
- Video Games:
- Video Library:
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Deck / Patio:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Mountain Climbing
- Ice Skating
- Whitewater Rafting
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Rock Climbing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Hunting Small Game
- Hunting Big Game
- Medical Services
- Our log cabin is located only 7 or 8 minutes from Gore Mountain Ski Resort. This new cabin is the perfect choice for a family ski vacation at one of the best ski mountains in the east. For beginners or families who want a cheaper ski alternative, Oak Mountain Ski Area in Speculator is only 25 min away. Whiteface Mountain Ski Resort (home of 1980 winter Olympics) is only 80 minutes away. Hot water baseboard heat on first floor and radiant floor heat on lower level make this a warm and cozy retreat in winter months. Automatic emergency generator in case of power outage. Also an ideal location for a spring/summer/fall get away for fishing, hiking, canoeing, kayaking and white water rafting. There is ALWAYS something fun to do in the Gore Mountain area. Beautiful Lake George Village and Million Dollar Beach are only 30 min away (weekly fireworks in summer). Great family swim area at Minerva Lake Beach only 18 min away. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Dec 1 - Mar 31
2 night min stay
Apr 1 - May 31
2 night min stay
Sep 1 - Nov 30
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Summer: $1,395 Winter: $1,595 Spring: $1,195 Fall: $1,295
Holidays Rates (Includes Christmas - New Year, MLK weekend, Presidents Week, 4th of July, Labor Day)
Daily rate: $310 Weekly: $1,895 Call for more details.
DISCOUNTED RATES FOR 4 OR LESS PEOPLE. PLEASE CALL FOR DETAILS.
Short term rentals (2-4 days) considered within 30 days of rental.
50% of rental fee + security deposit required at time of reservation.
Balance of rent + cleaning/linen fee (if applicable) due 14 days before rental begins
Cancellation Policy: > 60 days: refund 80% of deposit < 60 days: Refund only if cabin rebooked for same time
Additional Fees and Taxes:
Security Deposit: $350 returned within 30 days if property is left in same condition.
Cleaning Fee: $80 for stays less than one week.
Linen Fee:$10 per person, or renters may choose to bring their own. Pillows and Blankets are provided.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Albany, NY at 80 Miles
- Nearest Train: North Creek at 7 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Minerva Lake at 12 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Fox Lair Tavern at 0.07 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Gore Mountain Ski Resort at 6 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Cronin's Golf Resort at 20 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Black Mountain Inn at 3 Miles
Year Purchased: 2010
About the owner: We built our Adirondack Log Home in 2010 and would love to live there full time (currently live in PA)! For now we have to be happy to spend as much time there as possible enjoying hiking, kayaking, swimming AND skiing at Gore, our local and favorite mountain.
Why the Owner Chose Johnsburg:
I have been going to the Adirondacks since the mid 1980's. After a stay in a new log cabin on a mountaintop in the Great Smokies in 2006 my wife and I decide we wanted to build a log cabin of our own. We looked at over 50 properties in the Gore Mountain Area before seeing the potential views from this lot. Now we have our dream cabin!
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
There is just something special about Angler's Rest. From the moment you walk in and smell the White Pine that finishes the entire first floor, then see the spectacular views from the living room or from the back porch swing you will fall in love with this very special place. Front deck supports and railings were made from trees harvested on our property!
- Primary: 267-347-4234
- Secondary: +1 2152643893
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front View Angler's Rest (before railings)
View of Gore (and ski trails) from back deck of cabin
Giant Size Trail Map of Gore
Master Bedroom (King Log Bed)
Upstairs back deck & porch swing
Let It Snow! (Dec 2012)
Hot Tub & view from lower deck
Downstairs Spare Room With Futon
Rear of Cabin
Northwoods Gondola @ Gore Mountain
Front View Angler's Rest (after railings)
Dining Area; doors to upper deck
Upstairs deck & picnic table
Let's Go Downstairs...
Downstairs Game Room
Downstairs Laundry & Bath
Downstairs family/game room
Upstairs Bunk room
A Budding Olympian... Gore Summit in Background
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013