Wild Kiwis & Garden Baths at Sunset
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:1-2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
West Coast cottage description
Hear Kiwis from your bed.Located at the very end of Birdsferry Road,Ferry Man’s Cottage offers an exclusive retreat set in it’s own private gardens within our 33 acre property. 2 Km from SHW 6 and located on the edge of a small lake, with only native Wekas and wild Ducks as neighbours this is a most peaceful spot.The native kiwi can be heard calling here at night. Ideally located, midway between the West Coast glaciers and Nelson/Picton,making it the perfect spot to break your journey.
The solid timber cottage is finished to a very high standard and designed to take in the panoramic mountain and ocean views– all the luxury touches of Birds Ferry Lodge but with a fully equipped kitchen in your own private setting. Luxurious interiors are warmed by a roaring fire meaning the cottage is cosy at all times of the year.Double garden baths with hot piped water for star gazing at night with a glass of something special. There is a TV for those who would miss one and a cd player,Ipod Doc,magazines and games. WiFi Internet.Cell phone reception is usually good here.
There are 2 Spacious bedrooms 1 Queen with 4 poster bed and the second room has a king twin double bed which can be split to become a twin. There is an additional double sleep sofa in the lounge. Extra beds can be provided for children if required. All rates quoted are for double occupancy. The cottage has decks and outdoor furniture back and front meaning you can enjoy the sunshine at any time of the day – especially those famous West Coast sunsets over the ocean.
The modern bathroom has a shower and a bath and is supplied with large towels and luxury toiletries, hairdryer and heater. The cottage has an ample supply of hot water.
A fully equipped kitchen includes microwave, oven, dishwasher and washing machine. A BBQ is also provided. Your tariff includes a welcome pack of breakfast supplies to get you started – homemade bread and preserves, bacon, our own free range eggs, milk tea and coffee.Cottage Dinners available so you dont have to cook! $45pp
Surrounded by beautiful scenery, the cottage is 2km from the main road and accessed from State Highway 6 via our own private road. We are 15 minutes South from Westport and 30 minutes North from Punakaiki.
Well behaved (around wildlife) pets are welcome.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Included In Price
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Child's Highchair
- Wood Stove
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Living Room seats 6
- Linens Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Video Library
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water View
- Mountain View
- Lake View
- Ocean View
- Whitewater Rafting
- Water Tubing
- Fly Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Fitness Center
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- West-port is located at the North of the West Coast. The area is dominated by lush native bush, lakes, rivers, and rugged coastline, all overseen by the great Southern Alps. The northern West Coast has one of the mildest climates in New Zealand, perfect for scenic walks, amazing adventures, and relaxation on the wonderful beaches. With two national parks, Kahurangi and Paparoa and extensive bush lands, there are many walking and tramping tracks providing access to one of the world's most beautiful natural environments. The forests are host to a myriad of native birds including rare species, while at Cape Foulwind you can visit a seal breeding colony. For more inquisitive or adventurous types, descend into an underground labyrinth, investigate a limestone cavern system, challenge the white waters by raft or kayak, surge the rivers by jet boat, or explore the bush lands by mountain bike, Argos, or on horseback. Raft through the surf on a dolphin encounter, tube raft through underworld tunnels and glow worm grotto's, grab a surfboard and ride the big West Coast waves, or take hold of a fishing rod on a chartered fishing boat. Jump in a unimog and go for a spin. There are many exciting places to dine, some award-winning, and many offering local delicacies from the land, sea and rivers. Try the local range of beers from the local boutique brewery, Miners. Wherever you are staying, bars, restaurants and cafes are always close by. Dine in a street cafe, enjoy a unique dining experience in an unusual local building or watch the sun set as you dine overlooking the surf of the Tasman Sea. The area is rich in kiwi history, from the arrival of the explorers to the thousands of gold hunters of the 1860s, the traders, early settlers, farmers and coal miners. Historical interpretation centers and museums, including Coaltown in Westport and the Reefton Visitor Centre 'Quartzpolis Mine', provide a fascinating insight into the region's turbulent past. There is still gold in the local streams for you to try your hand at panning and you can explore the old mines and relics th...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
1 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
May 1 - Aug 30
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Additional guests $55 per person per night.
Cancellations within 28 days of arrival date: 100% forfeit of the total booking price.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: westport at 17 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Picton at 400 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Greymouth at 80 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: SHW 6 at 1.7 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Nine Mile Beach at 2 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Jack Gasthof at 5 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Carters Beach at 17 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Birds Ferry Lodge at 0.3 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: We built Ferry Mans Cottage in 2006
Why the Owner Chose West Coast:
The location is outstanding very peaceful with nature on our doorstep
- Primary: +64 34291604 Not after 8pm local time please
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, May 21, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.