VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Keauhou Kona Surf and Racquet Club condo description
*** For more details and more pictures, go to our website at Bigwavehawaii com***
The Big Wave Penthouse is arguably in the best location on the Big Island. Consider this:
• Facing west, you're guaranteed a front-row seat every evening to a spectacular and colorful sunset. You'll think you're on a (very stable) cruise ship.
• You're literally feet from the ocean. Construction setback rules now preclude this for new developments.
• There are only 12 condo units per building and there are acres of greenbelt between and around them.
• You're well removed from Alii Drive, the busy main access road to all Kailua-Kona ocean-front properties.
• You'll be away from other developments. The Keauhou Surf and Racket Club is bordered on the north by Kahalu'u Beach and on the south by a golf course. Because of this low density, traffic within and around the complex is very light. And it's quiet.
• You'll be on the top floor, in a corner unit. Only the top floor units have soaring, 20-foot vaulted ceilings, very large lanais and sweeping ocean views.
• You're within walking distance of the Keauhou Shopping Center where you can find a grocery store, several fine restaurants and shops of many kinds
High-winter Dec 15 - Apr 15, 2015 7 night min stay
Ironman Oct 5 - Oct 11, 2015 7 night min stay
$2,500 flat fee
Christmas 2014 Dec 20 - Dec 26, 2015 7 night min stay
$2,500 flat fee
My Standard Rate 5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Damage waiver$59 + tax
Special rate: if you see 5 days or less BETWEEN existing reservations. Email those dates for a SPECIAL quote.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Book with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
The Big Wave Penthouse celebrates early Hawaiian style throughout. We've taken care to integrate all the elements of the warm and colorful Hawaiian ethos in every aspect of the layout and design.
Life in Hawaii revolves around the water and the beautiful Pacific Ocean is front and center and visible from nearly all the areas of the penthouse. Soaring 20-foot foot ceilings, massive sliding glass doors and floor-to ceiling windows blur the distinction between inside and outside..
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: We've been frequent travelers to the Big Island, our favorite destination, and we've stayed in many houses and condos, but when we saw the Big Wave Penthouse we knew we would never see a better, more lovely place and knew we had to buy it. We hope you'll share this beautiful home with us and enjoy a bit of true Hawaii aloha spirit.
Why the Owner Chose Keauhou Kona Surf and Racquet Club: The oceanfront view is incredible and we were impressed by the condo's location, in a gorgeous, impeccably landscaped, 14 acre sanctuary. Hawaiian royalty used to live on the grounds; they knew where the best location on the Big Island was.
It's close to everything but the property is tranquil, quiet and peaceful.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo: This a very large home. Including the lanai, there's nearly 1500 sq. ft. of living space. The wide-open floor plan and soaring, 20' ceilings makes it seem even larger.
Original Hawaiian art is displayed and 50's period furniture from well-know designers such as Paul Frankl, Paul McCobb and Heywood Wakefield is both beautiful and comfortable.