Charming Mas in Les Baux De Provence
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Les Baux de Provence house description
A 1750 Mas carefully restored and redecorated with three double bedrooms and three bathrooms (two en-suite), furnished with authentic Provence as well as contemporary furniture and paintings. The house opens on a charming garden with roses and olive trees. From the pool in the garden, beautiful views of the famous village of Les Baux.
- 180 m²
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Children Welcome:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Coffee Maker
- Child's Highchair
- Living Room seats 6:
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
Location & View
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Mountain Biking
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Les Baux de Provence are one of the highly select group of Most Beautiful Villages in France, a title it owes to the rarity and diversity of its heritage as well as the quality of its environment and town layout. Located on a rocky plateau in the heart of the Alpilles, the town of Les Baux-de-Provence provides a breathtaking panoramic view down over Arles and the Camargue. It has been patiently restored and now boasts a historical and architecture heritage consisting of 22 listed buildings. The Castle, is a unique reminder of medieval history, the Romanesque and Renaissance Saint Vincent's Church, has beautiful stained-glass windows by Max Ingrand, the Renaissance Window Post Tenebras Lux is a reminder of the Huguenot influence in the 16th century, the private mansions built in the 16th and 17th centuries are now art galleries and museums, among them the Musée Yves Brayer and Musée de Santons, the Louis Jou Foundation contains yet more treasures and, finally, there is the Town Hall housed in the former private residence known as the Hôtel de Manville. In the heart of Alpilles, the monumental “Carrières de Lumières” in Les Baux-de-Provence host extraordinary multimedia shows which are unique in the world. The nearby villages of Maussane and Saint Remy de Provence offer a variety of typical cafes and restaurants and colorful open air markets throughout the year....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
From a couple on honeymoon
From a couple on honeymoon
We love Les Baux! We had a great view of the hilltop village, and could walk there easily. The Carrières de Lumières are well worth a visit and there are stunning walks in all directions. The pool and garden are delightful, and the house itself is very stylish, clean and comfortable. There is everything you need to feel at home and the hosts are very helpful. I would definitely recommend a stay in this property, it really is as great as you see in the pictures.
- Guest Ellie (London)
- Date of stay 08/17/13
- Review Submitted 10/20/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, romantic getaway, families with teenagers, tourists without a car, families with young children.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
Discounts: 14 nights or more: €386 Nightly
Jun 15 - Sep 15
7 night min stay
Discounts: 14 nights or more: €514 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
30% of the amount to secure the booking. 70% 1 month before the start of the letting. A 2000 eur damage deposit will be added, refundable at the end of the letting
Additional Fees and Taxes:
optional cleaning fees during the stay 20eur/h
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Marseille at 43 Miles
- Nearest Train: Avignon at 16 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Cavaillon at 16 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Saintes-Maries-de-la-Mer at 37 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Mouries at 7 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Les Baux de Provence at Les Baux de Provence
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: Karin and Mathieu have been living in London for 7 years with two young children. They have lived in several large cities in Europe but they feel at home in Provence, where they spend 2 months every year.
Why the Owner Chose Les Baux de Provence:
After vacationing several years in hotels in the area, we fell in love with this corner of France which combines unspoilt nature, beautiful old buildings and a special 'art de vivre'. So when we were offered to buy this 1750 typical Provence Mas with its thick walls and a lovely garden offering breathtaking views onto the old perched village of Les Baux, it did not take us long to reach a decision. We have had fantastic moments in this house every year since
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The village of Les Baux sits in the Parc Naturel des Alpilles, a small mountain chain who offers unique landscapes, with the minerals of the limestone mixing with the soft green of the olive trees. The house has kept many original features and we like the fact that it has a long history as a peasant Mas in the 1800's and 1900's. It has also been entirely redecorated in 2010 by a renowned interior designer and featured in several magazines and websites (see links). The combination of antique furniture and paintings with contemporary design creates a very cozy interior. From the garden and the pool, you will enjoy views of the well known village of Les Baux, labeled 'one of the most beautiful village in France'. This exceptional view is enjoyed by only a few houses in the area.
Links to more information:
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, November 05, 2013
4 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.