Exclusive Cabin Retreat on 20 Waterfront Acres
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Russellville cabin description
This is a pristine log home. Furnished to the tee with our personal line of custom hickory kitchen cabinets, amish furniture, tongue and grove oak floors, high ceiling in the living area. The first floor has the kitchen, living area, handicap access bathroom and shower, two bedrooms. Bed room one is the bear room: queen bed, adventure mural and amazing view though the 6’ sliding glass doors to the front porch. The second bedroom: the turkey room has two twin beds, nice window views.
The second floor is the master suite. The master has an unbelievable décor, a one of a kind king redwood and juniper ornate bed. Log dresser and nite tables, sheep skin rugs . The master bath is custom hand crafted with a claw foot tub.
The log home is decorated in rustic style and cabins lodge style furniture and fine art throughout.
This is not a huge log home, approx 1400 sf but the comfort is everything you want.
- 1432 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Limited Accessibility
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Bedroom #1 is a log queen bed. 6' glass doors open to a magnificent view of the Bear Creek. Hand painted mural adorns the walls. Open beams ceilings. Bedroom # 2 is on the back side of the log home. Not as much of a view but still a window view. The master Bedroom is to die for. Hand crafted, unique, one of a kind juniper and redwood king bed. Log dresser and nite tables, Deer horn lamps.. Feel the elegance and enjoy the simplicity....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Living Room seats 6:
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- A piece of Heaven. Quit, tranquail. The cabin sits high above the Bear Creek with trails to the water. Pleanty of on site hiking. Caution is a must. Children should be under full supervision. It's a long drop to the water. Natural wildlife sightings are possible. Safety is no accident. This unit is privately owned. The homeowners are NOT responsible for ANY accidents, injuries, or illnesses that occur to the renter(s), or any guests or visitors of the renter(s), while in the unit, on the premises, or while using any facilities. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or of any harm to others whom they invite to use the premises. ...moreless
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Lake View:
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hunting Big Game
- Medical Services
- Hunting Small Game
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Your vacation cabin is 5 miles South of Phil Campbell, Alabama a small resilient community, locate in NW Alabama with remarkable history of survival. Our Rustic Style Cabin is near anywhere you need to be and nestled on 20 quiet, private , picturesque riverfront acres. On site hiking, two waterfalls and a lake front to fish. ALWAYS BE CAREFUL, This is a natural environment. Kept in true form. Wildlife, deer, and yes, snakes can be found. 45 m North Of our Rustic Cabin is the city of Florence, Alabama, Home of Helen Keller and where we invite you to enjoy and experience a northern Alabama town steeped in rich musical history while strolling through its Arts and Shopping District. You'll find 20th and 19th century buildings and homes of rich architectural history. They are waiting to make your visit a memorable one! Closer to home, 30 miles North is Russellville, The home of the Watermelon Festival - annual 'Watermelon Festival' is held each August in downtown Russellville, in which a carnival type event. The festival includes performances by popular local bands as well as a car and truck show. The King drive in is just north of Russellville on Hwy 43. One of the few drive-in movie theaters still operating in Alabama, it plays currently released films during the spring and summer, on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. The theater features old style speakers that hang on car windows, but also offers the sound track of films through FM radio broadcasts as well. ' Russellville is a nice town with restaurants, Wal-Mart, and shopping. Only a few miles North to Tuscumbia is Rattlesnake Saloon - In a Cave This unique bar/restaurant was built up under a bluff, with seating in a large cave and on top of the bluff. It's a one-of -a-kind experience, out in the country far from any big cities. There's water pouring off the bluff like a fountain. The food is great and affordable. There was a band playing in the cave area when I was there. They're only open on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday and don't start serving beer until 5 pm. To the South of Phil Campbell is Haleyville, Alabama. A town of plenty and the HOME of 911 Our cabin is sitting on the Upper Bear Creek Reservoir which is known best for its black bass (largemouth and spotted) fishing, but fishing for crappie, catfish and bream is good also. The lake is renowned for its trophy bass fishing. Fish over 5 pounds are common, with 8 pound and larger bass being taken each year. Upper Bear has been ranked first-5 times and second-3 times, for the least number of angling hours exerted to catch a bass in excess of 5 pounds. For activities out of the water, the Bankhead National Forest, Sipsey Wilderness, and Dismal Canyon waterfalls are nearby, as well as a golf course less than an hour away. The Bankhead National Forest provides all kinds of outdoor activities including camping, hunting, horseback riding and ATV riding. Wildlife and bird watching are also very popular, as is hunting the flora and fauna of the area. Due to the large expanse of forest, many rare species are found here that are uncommon or can't be found elsewhere in the country. The Sipsey Wilderness provides over 80 miles of trails to enjoy the scenic beauty of the area. Waterfalls and canyons can be found along the way, along with towering limestone cliffs lining the banks of the Sipsey River. Just a few miles North is the magnificently Belle Mont Mansion sited on a commanding hilltop, Belle Mont is one of early Alabama’s crowning architectural achievements. It is also one of the outstanding Palladian-style houses in the Deep South. Mystery shrouds the source of the design, but tantalizing clues suggest the direct influence of President and gentleman architect Thomas Jefferson. Rescued from ruin in the 1980s. For fine hiking to the South is Natural Bridge. This 60-ft.-high, 148-ft.-long sandstone, rock bridge is the longest natural bridge east of the Rockies. It spans scenic natural areas, forests and wilderness. Nature paths, picnic areas and gift shop are available for visitors. 18 miles to the West of Phil Campbell is Dismal Canyon.Through the heart of the canyon flows 'Dismals Branch', a winding stream that enters the canyon with a roar through 'Rainbow Falls'. A 1.5 mile hiking trail on the canyon floor follows the stream through skyreaching boulders, past thundering waterfalls, into a secret world of mossy-green and pearl gray filled with ferns and giant trees. BE SURE TO CHECK ONLINE FOR ACTIVE DATES AS SOME OFF SITE ACTIVITIES ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN THE WINTER. This unit is privately owned. The homeowners are NOT responsible for ANY accidents, injuries, or illnesses that occur to the renter(s), or any guests or visitors of the renter(s)...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Birthday getawayGuest comment entered by manager
Have you ever just wanted to find that place that is sooooo peaceful.. A place to wonder in the woods to climb and enjoy the mindless activity of hiking and never being lost. Mesmerized by the waterfall in the springtime. This is one of the most peaceful places I have ever been. The community is kind, helpful. The town of Phil Campbell meets your needs. The beauty of the sunset, casting the golden hugh on the walls in the cabins. The quite, calm and serine pace.. That's what I saw, that's what takes me back time after time..
- Guest Khat
- Date of stay 06/16/13
- Review Submitted 07/23/13
A great getaway from it all!
A great getaway from it all!
Our family of 6 really enjoyed our spring break vacation to this wonderful cabin! The decor is beautiful on the inside. It was very clean and cozy. The pictures and description in the listing accurately portrayed the property. My kids had a great time exploring the land! They were in heaven! I agree with the warnings from the owner, Nita....there is a big drop off to the water, so young children should be highly supervised! We did not mind having no internet access and limited tv channels. It was really nice to "go off the grid" during our stay. We did get a decent cell phone signal there. My only suggestions would be to stock the kitchen with more cookware, etc and to possibly have a dvd player available for after dark movie viewing. (We just hooked up our portable dvd player to the tv and it worked just fine) Thanks for the great place, Nita! It was exactly what we were looking for in our vacation! We created some great memories!
- Guest drewandsteph00 (Oxford, MS)
- Date of stay 03/12/13
- Review Submitted 03/25/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway, people with disabilities, families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers, girls getaway.
Manager response: THANK YOU!!! Stephanie I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. And it was so thoughtful of you to leave the property in such good shape.. I am blessed to have such a beautiful piece of God's green earth and I am so happy I was able to share it with you. On my next trip up there I AM going to update the cookware! Hope to see you again sometime!! Nita
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
The posted rates are far less than any hotel or single family water front homes in the area. This is a first class log home on a beautiful 20 acre parcel.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $69
- Post Houskeeping: $75
- Tax Rate 9%
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Russellville Municipal at 15 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 13 at 6 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Next County at 10 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Ray Trent in Florence at 45 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Home Town at 6 Miles
Year Purchased: 2006
About: I'm a resident of Okeechobee, Florida and the owner of Rustic Style and Cabins, a retail store for the wilderness lovers. I am also a new Real Estate Associate with a local company. My family traveled when I was a child and we settled in West Palm Beach, Florida, where I lived for 25 years before moving a couple of times and settling in Okeechobee.
I was visiting a friend in Huntsville. While they were working I went looking at property for fun. NO intentions of living in Alabama. I got with a local realtor to show me some places. The realtor had a guy (Mr. D) that just put this property on the market and he rode with us as we laughed and joked the whole 1.5 hours from Huntsville. I thought Mr D was pulling my leg when he said this was one of God's most beautiful properties. We got to the gate and walked through the trees. OMG! It took my breath away. I the ride home I bought the land. I camped there on my vacations for a year. When I went to visit my mom in Tallahassee. There was a log home seminar in town so we went. At the end of the seminar I was so impressed with Daniel Boone Log Homes, I bought this kit and built it on my piece of haven. This is MY vacation dream house. Life is different now and I have decided to share my home with you. I hope you love it and respect it. It was and is still my dream home. A year after I built my log home I became a Daniel Boone Log Home distributor in Okeechobee, Fl. The property is 20 acres of hiking, wildlife watching, waterfalls (2), fishing, boating and BBQ's. This is a a natural landscape and changes with the seasons. Like all natural environments, ALWAYS be watchful for wildlife critters, good and dangerous.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
The first day after the home was completed I was there sitting on the front porch amazed at the view. As the sun set the golden hugh of the suns rays blanketed the porch. The natural color of the logs radiated with the sense of peacefulness. I remembered from where I came as a child to having accomplished this dream of a log home and I was grateful with the blessing God had given me. This home is truly a highlight in my life and I love the times I still spend there.
- Primary: 863-532-9096 8am to 8pm EST
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, September 09, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.