Waterfront in Fisherman's Paradise, Boat Dockage, Kayaks, Scallops
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Homosassa house description
2007 modular home located in majestic 'Old Homosassa,' off Mason Creek/ near Hancock, this 2/2 was custom built for the perfect getaway. The Withlacoochee State Forest is located just 1/2 mile from your doorstep and offers pristine oak hammocks, deer and other animals, and very well maintained accessible trails. Enjoy wildlife coming right up to the dock as manatees and otters swim about during various times of the year. The coldest months January/February are peak for swimming with our gentle giants, the Manatees, in Three Sisters Springs in Crystal River, only 15 minutes from camp. Just head North on HWY 19 about 7 miles. Manatees give birth every year in our waters near the dock during the spring time. It is protected and quiet with little to no boat traffic where the mother can rear the calf. Check out our recent Manatee swim (2/2/13) to see these gentle creatures. Copy/Paste This Link:
With access to the gulf, you can help yourself to some of the best fishing in the world. Launch your boat at community boat ramp located down the street, at the end of Mason Creek Rd or at Macrae's in town, your choice, there are several to choose from. Our house has an extra long/wide driveway for boat/trailer and cars. There will be aerial views and a chart noting the Homosassa River and Mason/Petty creeks, as well as other points of interest in the Homosassa area accessible by boat. The scalloping grounds are roughly 20 - 30 minutes by boat from the dock. Additional information will be provided in our Guest Book. If you have questions during your stay, don't hesitate to ask. The Scallop season was permanently extended last summer by two weeks so the season now runs from July 1st through September 25th. In the near shore grounds, the water depth will range from 3-6', your choice based on your physical ability. You literally can stand and catch scallops. There is a fresh water hose, sink and cleaning station at the dock for you to rinse your boat, gear and catch, have fun! We know you will see why we love our Homosassa. Observe mother nature and see why this place is nicknamed the 'Nature Coast.'
- 1200 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Events Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 5
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Ice Maker
- Living Room seats 6:
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Video Library
- DVD Player
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Deck / Patio:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water View
- Water Tubing
- Surf Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Winery Tours
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Botanical Garden
- Theme Parks
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Miniature Golf
- - FISHING: Redfish - Yearround - Peak time April thru November, Seatrout - Yearround - Peak time April thru November, Cobia - Peak time Mar thru October, Snook- Peak time April thru October, Tarpon - Peak time April thru October. -Mason's Creek has navigable water for Bay, Flats and John boats, Bimini tops only, as there is one bridge entering/leaving camp, up to 25'. As with all tidal boating, boater's should exersise caution during the first trip in and out, as well as due diligence in planning to ensure they are familiar with our waterways, specifically the Homosassa River, Mason Creek & Petty Creek. We strongly recommend you view Google Earth in advance of your stay. There will be aerial views with notes in the guest book. -There are any number of tackle/bait shops in the area for all of your tackle, bait and ice needs, most of them just around the corner. After your scalloping trip, have the locals clean your scallops for a small fee at MacRae's, aka 'The Shed,' while you have a cold drink and listen to live music Saturday and Sunday. Quite frankly, you never have to leave Homosasssa. Stay and enjoy our great litttle town; check out the Freezer, Old Mill Tavern, Sea Grass Pub, Neon Leon, Yardarm ($8-$10 they will cook your fillets of fish and 2 sides), rent a boat and cruise around the 'Monkey Island' , cruise to the springs or go fishing. -One of our favorite restaurants is Pecks Old Port Cove in Ozelle, a beautiful 7 mile scenic drive, for Soft Shell Crab right off the water table out back. Go see it; best we've ever had? -For you bike enthusiast, this area has numerous must see destinations such as; MaCraes, especially on Sunday for some great music on the river, Ozelle, Sleepy Hollow in Floral City, Cedar Key and many more. -If Disney is your thing, its a mear 1 1/2 hour drive to Orlando. -If you're into antiques, we have shops in virtually any town nearby or you can day trip over to Mt. Dora near Orlando. Its well worth the time, another great drive if you take the secondary roads and stay north of the Turnpike. Start out on 44 head east to Inverness and Leesburg. -Not too far from Mt. Dora is one of our favorite stops for lunch and an adult beverage, Gator Joe's Beach Bar & Grille located on the North side of Lake Weir; great drive or bike ride. While you're there you can enjoy the water and maybe even get wet if you like or simply relax under the Spanish Moss laden Oak trees, enjoying old Florida at its finest and one of their great signature dishes. -If you feel the need to head to the city, I can't imagine why, Tampa has all the trappings and Busch Gardens and its only just over an hour away....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
A different side of Florida..
A different side of Florida..
As we live in Volusia County and grew up on the Halifax River, we enjoy all aspects of the salt water. Its knly a 2 1/2hr drive across the state, and have made the trip on a "just for the day" occasion. This was our first time renting a house and staying for a week. The house was perfect for myself, husband and our teenage daughters. After a few mechanical issues, another couple came over to bring us tools and another boat!! The house was spacious enough for 7 people and a baby to move about and enjoy the day together. The dock and waterway is tricky at first, but thanks to all the documentation left for us, we were able to navigate it easily by the end of the week. Card games, kayaks, board games, tv, internet and a wonderful back screened in porch gave us great entertainment after we limited out on scallops every day. The kitchen had all the ammenities of home and was big enough to have a down south fish fry! If only that crab trap would have caught us a few blue crabs, the only thing in there was a catfish! The neighbors were friendly as we walked our two dogs around the block and the town is just as friendly as Old Florida should be. We will definitely be back, maybe for a week day trip, weekends are lretty busy flr is small town folk! Thanks for everything Jack & Judy. We had an amazing time!!
- Guest Nikki & Shane (New Smyrna Beach)
- Date of stay 08/02/13
- Review Submitted 08/10/13
Recommended for: Pet owners, sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
Owner response: Bummer about the lil bumps in the road, but so glad you at least got to enjoy your vacation, and what memories to share with the grandkids, lol! Your inner tubes will be waiting for your return:) Thanks so much for the wonderful review, and we welcome you back Anytime! Judy & Jack
Wonderful Vacation in Beautiful Homosassa
Wonderful Vacation in Beautiful Homosassa
Our plans changed at the last minute and we needed a place to rent for our vacation to Homosassa. I was so happy to have found this rental. It was our first time to Homossassa and scalloping. Judy was very helpful from the being of the entire process and all the way to the end. Her quaint home is very clean and I felt it was centrally located to everything we needed. We were minutes away from a Publix and the boat ramp to launch our pontoon boat and very close to some awesome seafood restaurants. We did not dock our boat at the home as we felt it might be to difficult to manage in some of the tight waterways. We did enjoy a brief adventure in the kayaks in the rain but still a fun expierence. We have never rented a home before and for our first time it was really great and something we will do again in the future. We will return to Homosassa for scalloping next year as our family and friends had an amazing time. Thank you Judy and Jack for sharing your home with us.
- Guest Christina (Fellsmere, FL )
- Date of stay 07/16/13
- Review Submitted 07/21/13
Owner response: We are so happy you enjoyed our lil slice of Paradise, and we welcome you back anytime. We also Thank you for your wonderful review to share with future guests:) Judy & Jack
LEAVING IS THE HARDEST PART
LEAVING IS THE HARDEST PART
Stayed 2 nights here with my girlfriend and my father. Everything was perfect down to the smallest detail. We can't wait to return to this area soon to explore all that we didn't get to this time and there is nowhere that I would rather stay than here. Thanks again Judy for sharing your slice of paradise with us!
- Guest Woody W.
- Date of stay 05/07/13
- Review Submitted 05/28/13
Owner response: Thank you so much for your kind words Woody, and we cannot wait to have you and your family back again:) Judy & Jack
We loved this Homosassa retreat!
We loved this Homosassa retreat!
We stayed in this home for 4 nights in March, and had a wonderful time. There were 4 of us and we had plenty of room to spread out. The kitchen was large and fully stocked with all of the supplies that we needed. Everything was exactly as advertised, and Judy was great about checking with us to see if there was anything that we needed. Having the kayaks available to use was something that we really appreciated, since it saved us having to spend some money on rental kayaks. We would definitely recommend this for your next Homosassa trip.
- Guest Carolyn H.
- Date of stay 03/24/13
- Review Submitted 04/15/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, age 55+, girls getaway, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
Owner response: Thank you for such a sweet review Carolyn. We are so happy to have shared our home for your little getaway vacation in Paradise, and can't wait for you to come back! Judy & Jack
Quaint, well furnished, quiet - perfect!Guest comment entered by owner
Quaint, well furnished, quiet - perfect!
We came down from Iowa as most northerners do to escape the cold months. It was our first time in Homosassa and we just loved it. We really enjoyed our time in town taking in the local color. The seafood was always fresh, there's nothing like fresh. There were a wide variety of things to do in Homosassa and the near by towns. We will be thinking of our stay and how much we enjoyed it. Thanks for inviting us into your home.
- Guest Don & Dee
- Date of stay 02/01/13
- Review Submitted 02/20/13
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jul 1 - Sep 30
2 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are based on 6 guests
Damage Deposit $200, Secured by Credit Card
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $200
- Cleaning: $75
- Pet Fee: $50
- Taxes Included
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Tampa Int. airport at 70 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 19 (10 Minutes) at 5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Fort Island Gulf Beach in Crystal River at 10 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Freezer, Shed, Monkey Bar, Old Mill, Sea Grass at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Maggie Valley, North Carolina at 700 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Sugarmill Woods/Crystal River at 5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Neon Leons, Old Mill Tavern, Yardarm, SeaGrassPub at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: We love retreating away from the busy lifestyle here to relax and fish the Gulf where the fish are plentiful! As avid divers and water people in general, we have been diving and spearfishing the Gulf since 2005 and can tell you first hand that some of the best fishing is in the Gulf. Whether its spearfishing, hook & line or scalloping, access to the Gulf of Mexico is right at your doorstep and only minutes away.
Why the Owner Chose Homosassa:
I frequently travelled to Crystal River from Gainesville in the 70's, and when I married in 2002, my husband and I decided to spend our honey moon at Plantation Inn, and he fell in love with the area, especially Homosassa's natural beauty. We purchased our property in 2005, adding a home the following year. It has a deck & dock, as well as a spacious 'no see em' screened back porch. We've spent countless hours enjoying the outdoors and the quiet. We especially love to sit on the porch in the morning with a cup of coffee and listen to the birds.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
We love the coziness of our wood burning stone fireplace and when we're not enjoying the quiet, we are enjoying all there is to do in the area including fishing, scalloping, kayaking and some very nice motorcycling through the old Florida scenery. There are numerous destinations from Cedar Key to Ocala and Leesburg to Flora City. I love the fact that we can walk out our back door, straight to the boat, and enjoy a nice beautiful scenic ride to the Gulf, with little to no boat traffic.
- Primary: 561-676-9924
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
What a lot of Homosassa is all about, Scallops Galore!
relaxing in the cool Crystal River 'Three Sisters' Springs
I just shot this pic 020413, in Three Sisters, Crystal River, very playful.
A great day on the water, one of many we've had since deciding on Homosassa
fish/scallop cleaning station.
spacious living room, large screen TV, and stone wood burning fireplace
Master Bedroom, private bath
2d bedroom full bath
Another wonderful Sunset on Ft Island Gulf Beach (Crystal River)
2/2/13 Three sisters dive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA-VRAQRWFc
They will swim right up to you.
back yard view from porch
boat dock/deck and access to Gulf via Mason Creek
Master Bedroom, Private bath, door leading to back porch.
2d Bedroom, twin beds; also includes an airbed
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Sunday, October 13, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!