The 'Lakeland' House! Sleeps 10! One Week in July Available!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets allowed:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
The Lakeland is a beautiful single family home and is close to South Haven's beautiful South Beach as well as all of the great shops and restaurants in downtown South Haven. The benefit to this location is that once you buy your groceries, you will not need to get in your car until it is time to go home.
The Lakeland has four comfortable bedrooms with two full baths and one half bath and is the ultimate family getaway. The bedrooms consist of one king bed, one queen bed, four twin beds, and one more queen bedroom. The house is beautifully decorated with a tasteful blend of new and antique fixtures and furnishings. Pride of ownership abounds with much of the original historic architectural details remaining.
The outdoor rear deck is perfect for relaxing with an ice cold beverage and a family barbecue after a day of fun at the beach. Don't feel like cooking? No problem! Within a short walk are several excellent restaurants for your dining enjoyment.
The front porch has two comfortable rocking chairs for reading and relaxing.
- 2800 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathrooms
- 2.5 Bathrooms Full Bath 1 toilet, sink, combination tub/shower Bathroom 1 is located on the second floor of the house. Full Bath 2 toilet, sink, large walk-in shower Bathroom 2 is located on the second floor of the house. Half 3 toilet, sink Bathroom 3 is located on the first floor of the house. ...moreless
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Child's Highchair
- Towels Provided:
- Air Conditioning:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Have more than ten guests? Need a little more space? No Problem! Just across Indiana Street are two great options for additional family members or friends. For a two bedroom, one bath apartment that can accommodate four guests, please see The Michiana Apartment #2 at http://www.vrbo.com/343005 ...moreless
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Lawn / Garden
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Roller Blading
- Ice Skating
- Freshwater Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Pier Fishing
- Massage Therapist
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Cross Country Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
- Gambling Casinos
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- This comfortable, four bedroom, 2.5 bath home we call 'Lakeland' is ideally located between South Haven's South Beach and all of the great shops and restaurants in downtown South Haven. The South Beach is a few blocks to the west and downtown South Haven is a few blocks to the east. Please click on the satellite photo map above to understand the exact location. Once you buy your groceries, you will not need to get in your car until it is time to go home. Literally walk everywhere you want to go!!!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
July 14-21 Weekly rental only. Sunday-Sunday, 7 nights/$3,200 July weekly $3,200/7 nights Check-in Sun. after 3PM, Check-out Sun. before 10AM August weekly $3,200/7 nights Check-in Sun. after 3PM, Check-out Sun. before 10AM Aug 25-30 $2,000/5 nights. September weekends $950/2 nights, $1,200/3 nights October weekends $800/2 nights, $1,000/3 nights Thanksgiving 3 nights/$1,200, Christmas 3 nights/$!,200, New Years $950/2 nights Spring weekends 2 nights/$800, 3 nights $1,200, 4th night free!!!
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Before paying contact the owner to confirm payment details.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
- Nearest Airport: Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport, Port at 44 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: S.S. Badger - Lake Michigan Carferry at 124 Miles
- Nearest Train: Amtrak Station-BAM, Railroad Street, Bangor, MI at 11.1 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Interstate 196 Exit 20 at 1.2 Miles
- Nearest Beach: South Beach Park, South Haven, Michigan at 0.4 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Clementine's, South Haven, MI at 0.3 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Bittersweet Ski Resort, River Road, Otsego, MI at 41.6 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Hawks Head Golf Course at 6.4 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Clementines at 0.3 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: We are both lifelong residents of Chicago and have had the good fortune to travel much of the world. We have also had the good fortune to visit and vacation in South Haven, Michigan for over half a century. While we live in Chicago and continue to travel to far away places, our hearts remain in South Haven. We have wonderful and cherished memories of watching our children play on the beach year after year. We now are blessed to watch our grandchildren come and visit us and watch them play on the beach. Having three, and at times four generations of our family sitting on the beach at the water's edge and sharing these moments together is truly priceless. We hope to share our home in South Haven with your family for you to create lasting memories of your own!
Why the Owner Chose South Haven:
The incredible and convenient location!!! The Lakeland is ideally located a very short walk to both the South Beach and to all of the cute shops and restaurants in downtown South Haven. Many of the other homes we considered purchasing would require getting in the car to get to the beach or to downtown South Haven. We just love the ease of being able to walk everywhere.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The Lakeland has been beautifully maintained keeping much of it's original stained wood work, paneling, etc. The overall character and charm of this vintage Victorian home as been preserved yet updated with modern amenities such as central gas forced air heat and air conditioning, modern appliances, etc. Please click on our updated availability calendar at the top of our listing to see if your desired dates are available. We look forward to hearing from you and hope we can accommodate your family in South Haven at the Lakeland!
- Primary: 312-925-7760
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The Lakeland. Close to everything in South Haven!
Great for a family gathering in the bright and sunny living room.
Sun soaked large dining room with original built-in cabinets.
Refrigerator with plenty of storage
Large king bedroom located on 2nd floor.
Second floor queen bedroom, a cozy retreat!
Bunk bedroom. Bunk also has extra trundle.
One of two full bathrooms located on second floor.
Panoramic view of South Haven's South Beach.
More updated photos of the beautiful Lakeland to come...
Entry foyer with incredible wood work which has fortunately been preserved.
Sitting room opens to one large living room, with decorative fireplace
Kitchen w/ dishwasher, disposal, microwave, stove, refrigerator, washer/dryer,
Bright kitchen eating area that has table with leaves for additional seating.
Queen bedroom located on 2nd floor.
Two single beds located in bunk bedroom.
Brand new bathroom with walk-in shower, ceramic and marble tile. Beautiful!
Elevated back deck is great outdoor dining and watching the sun set.
Take a ride on 'Friends Good Will' tall ship in South Haven.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, June 17, 2013