You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
San Piero a Sieve villa description
In the heart of the mugello area, this portion of a wonderful farmhouse (150 square meters), is on a hilltop with a fantastic view on lake bilancino. It's the perfect place for a quiet holiday in the countryside near Florence.
A large garden with swimming-pool are at guests' disposal.
Entrance with dining room, kitchen (oven, freezer, dishwasher) laundry, bathroom with shower, living-room (45 sqm) with fireplace, tv, two sofa beds (one single, one double) terrace with table for meals outdoors.
One double-bedroom with an added single bed, one double-bedroom, one bathroom with shower, an attic-room with a single bed and a double bed.
- 150 m²
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11, Beds for 8-11
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Living Room seats 9
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Game Room
- Pool Table
- Ping Pong Table
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool
- Sports & Activities
Location & View
- Lake View
- Water Skiing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Surf Fishing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Fly Fishing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Outlet Shopping
- Eco Tourism
- Winery Tours
- Theme Parks
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Equestrian Events
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- MUGELLO By car, take the highway A1 direction North (Bologna), exit at Barberino di Mugello (21 minutes) or take the Bolognese Vecchia road for 40 km From Florence you can go by train to San Piero a Sieve and take a bus from there, or take a bus directly to Borgo San Lorenzo. The Mugello is the area North-east of Florence along the Sieve River. It’s an area full of Medici family castles and villas, as they originally came from here. Many of the villas are open to the public. The wildlife of the area is abundant thanks to the government’s revitalization of the Bilancino lake, a huge lake in which it’s possible to swim, sail, canoe and windsurf during the summer time. No motorboats are allowed! The lake is surrounded by bike trails, which allow you to cycle around the circumference. A panoramic road has been created from the Bolognese Road and circles the entire lake. Mugello Motor Racing Track North of Borgo San Lorenzo, the Mugello circuit is situated between Luco and Scarperia. The course measures less than 5 km and has 15 bends. It is the property of Ferrari but it’s also used by Aprilia and Ducati for their winter bike testing. You can book 20 minutes use of the circuit on Saturday or Sunday using your own bike by calling Promo Racing. Via Senni, 15 Barberino di Mugello DESIGNER OUTLET Ralph Lauren, Missoni, Belstaf, Bric’s, Pinko, Pal Zilieri, Baldinini, CK Jeans, Caractere, Fornarina and more Tues.-Fri. 10 a.m.- 8 p.m.; Sat., Sun. 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Via Meucci - Barberino del Mugello (Florence) LAT: 43.98593 LONG: 11.21731 From Florence take highway A1 north towards Bologna; exit at Barberino after 16 km; then follow directions for the outlet, which is just a few metres from the exit. (20 min by car, 25 km from Florence) POGGIO DEI MEDICI GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB Poggio dei Medici Golf and Country Club is set in the heart of the beautiful Mugello region. The course, designed by professional player and golf course designer Baldovino Dassù, allows for five different playing routes within its 18 holes. You will find yourself on a world-class golf course deep in the countryside, only a few kilometers from Florence. Poggio dei Medici Golf and Country Club offers a professional course and 17th century Club House, all within easy reach of the two international airports of Pisa and Florence. Via San Gavino, 27 Scarperia (Florence) LAT: 43.99096 – LONG: 11.33634 CHESTNUTS OF THE MUGELLO AREA The Mugello area is home to numerous chestnut groves with trees that produce some of the world’s best chestnuts. The quality of marrons and chestnuts has become a modern phenomenon producing 4 million Euros a year in economic value. The Marron is only grown in a specific geographic area where it is part of the traditions, environment, landscape, culture and economy. Although grown on what is known as a Chestnut tree, only certain fruits, the result of grafting, are known as marrons. Unlike the chestnut, which has an oval shaped lining, the marron’s lining is always rectangular in shape. And, while the chestnut husk can contain up to seven fruits, the marron husk contains no more than three. It is very easy to peel, and its compact white flesh is particularly sweet. The marron can be prepared and eaten in a number of ways. One of the most flavoursome is by roasting them in a fireplace on hot coals (and in this case we call them ‘bruciate’ or ‘caldarroste’), but they can be also boiled or braised (bollite). Local specialties include the sweet ravioli and tortelli made by mashing the cooked chestnut pulp and mixing it with ingredients like milk, sugar, eggs and aniseed. They make for an excellent game stuffing as well as dessert. Desserts include marron glacés and fruit tarts. The most famous dessert of this area is the castagnaccio, chestnut cake. There are also many interesting state and local roads between Tuscany and Emilia Romagna. The ancient and fascinating Faentina rail route provides access to the Mugello territory and the Valdisieve, from Romagna, starting in Faenza as well as from Tuscany, starting in Florence. Ballotte are chestnuts boiled with bay leaves and wild fennel; in Siena they’re called ‘suggioli’ and if they are peeled (before boiling), the term monne is used. The best ballotte are boiled, served warm with vino novello (new wine). ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
Special rates with a 20% discount 3 weeks rentals!
DEPOSIT € 258.00
A deposit must be lodged at the beginning of the holiday; it is returned at holiday end
ELECTRICITY, WATER, GAS, WEEKLY CHANGE OF LINEN, BATHROOM AND KITCHEN ACCESSORIES, WASHING-MACHINE, DISHWASHER included
USE OF SWIMMING-POOL (5 M X 10 M)
HEATING (from November to April) to be paid on the spot
COOK, CLEANING LADY, BABY-SITTER € 18
FINAL CLEANING € 150.00
Additional Fees and Taxes:
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
- Nearest Airport: aeroporto vespucci firenze at 25 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: livorno at 120 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: san piero a sieve at 5 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: barberino del mugello at 5 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: pisa at 100 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: cavallina at 5 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: abetone at 60 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: poggio dei medici at 10 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: il paiolo at 3 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 1990
About: i'm a real Florentine doc, I live here in Tuscany since ever and I really know my land. Hope to share to you my secrets and my house. I generally spend my vacation here at Sorcigliano, and so I would like my clients have the same feelings I have with my family. Florence is only 40 minutes from here and that's the perfect place to daily trip to town and also to the other towns of the region.
Why San Piero a Sieve:
This is set in the perfect location on a Tuscan hill with view on Bilancino lake which is the ideal site to spend a vacation: you are near a lake in a green landscape with the facilities of a beach without the queue of the seaside. A the lake you can sail, swim and surf or simply enjoy the sun just having a drink on the sand. The major Barberino's outlet is only 5 km far from the house; the area is famous for all the Medici's Villas, the excellent food specialties like chestnuts, bread and typical Tuscan restaurants and the many sports that we can play. in the Mugello area there is the worldwide famous Mugello Motor Race Track where Ferrari's team is used to train and the Poggio the Medici Gold club, one of the italy's best golf fields.
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
• Baby-sitting on request • Barbecue • Cook on request • House-cleaning on request • Parking at the property • Swimming-pool • TV • Special Books and Guidebooks about Florence and Tuscany available for the guests
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.