2 Mountainside Homes Near Boyne Mtn
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Boyne City house description
They can be rented together for a discount please call Sally at 517-256-3970 if they are both available for your stay! Because there are two houses the calendar will only be populated for the times that BOTH places are reserved. Please check my facebook page, flipkey listings, personal website, or feel free to call anytime.
I am 3 miles to Boyne Mountain Resort, and 3 miles the other way to two state parks with beaches on Lake Charlevoix. Closest beach 2 miles. It is 45 minutes to the Bridge at Mackinaw, 15 minutes from Petoskey and more state parks, 45-hour to Traverse City,
Both houses nestled at the base of one of the tallest mountains in the area called 'Old Maids Nipple'. The view up the mountains through the exotic swaying fern grove is breathtaking. Gardens everywhere and solar lights abound at night to create a fairy tale space day and night.
both houses have same large french door refrigerator, cook top, microwave, convection oven, outdoor gas or charcoal smoker and grill, toaster, George Foreman, crock pot, blender, Pots and pans, and plates and glasses. There are also spices, olive oil, a welcome fruit bowl, coffee and breakfast items like oatmeal and brown sugar to start your day right...ketchup, mustard, syrup, hot chocolate, coffee, tea, marshmallows and many other condiments to use if you like!
Living room main house 47' HD LED Sony smart TV with Dish, DVD, VCR, stereos with Wifi internet leather couch seats 10!
Cottage 42' smart flatscreen with Dish, DVD, VCR, and boom box. Wifi free
Main House sleeps 10 w /3 bedrooms
Bedroom 1:King in master
Bedroom 2:Queen/twin bunk, 2 twins, a loft space with twin, and another single in the extra oversized 'closet'
bedroom 3: is back porch really with extra half bath and roll away twin
Leather sectional folds out to surprisingly comfortable queen, with twin behind it outside
1 1/2 Bathrooms
Just finished updates granite and glass counter, new fixtures, and marble floors for main bath very big bathroom.
New 1/2 bath with tumble noce marble in end of back porch of main house.
Cottage only has one bath and two bedrooms. Master has a queen, and room off living has two sets of bunks. The leather couch there folds down to a surprisingly comfortable full. There is room for a roll away also in the dining room to make sleeping in cottage up to 8.
Each place has many items like iron. blow dryers, hot rollers, curling iron, flat iron, hair spray, first aid kit, etc...to make your travel easier already stocked in each closet...
Main house has a huge huge screened deck with awnings that wraps around the house. I lined it with bamboo fencing for enhanced privacy and beauty. It is lavishly appointed with solar lights, bubbling water features, 2 round tables with chairs and much other seating. Perfect for a party!!
Cottage has a 10x12 screen room set on edge of mountain. Beautiful privacy right on edge of forest.
I am a spa member at the mountain and can arrange services and entertainment at water park and zipline with my discount. Also guests are allowed use of their indoor outdoor heated pool, whirlpool, and workout equipment.
There are hundreds of movies, games, yard games like croquet, and Volleyball, ping-pong, golf clubs, even a big toy box for kids of every age....
During ski season I have about 20 pairs of boots and 10 skis for just about every size except the really little ones...Gear also in case you need a face warmers, bibs, helmet or googles.
For spring summer folks:neighboring Boyne Rapids Adventure Putt-Putt, Batting Cages, and 18 Hole 3 par. Unlimited fun is included complimentary for our guests and it is right across the road! It is very beautiful with 7 waterfalls and awesome landscaping.
I have 7 kayaks, 8 new Body Glove river tubes with mesh bottoms, back support, and tie downs, snorkel gear, life vests, beach toys, lawn furniture and beach towels to go along.
I will plan, port, and guide you on any of our awesome waterways here for your own private group float. There are several to chose from and kayaking is one of my passions. I have a couple of car top carriers if you just want to go down to the lake on your own. I also have a small assortment of fishing poles...don't ask me though as I know nothing about fishing...there is a dam walking distant where I often see many gathered.
Upon request I have a pack and play, air mattresses with extra bedding, etc..
I am a massage therapist, energy healer, and now studying to teach yoga. Special offers and access to my therapy room and library located on the property to all guests. You can schedule massage, Trinfinity 8 sessions, Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy, Inversion Table, Chi generator, among other treatment modalities. One day I hope to open a free pathway through the chakras to enlightenment traversing my mountain to the top.
All properties come with me, to help you orchestrate the perfect vacation!
- 1400 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Booking Possible
- Private Chef
- Housekeeper Optional
- Non Smoking Only
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 10-12
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Pantry Items
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Towels Provided:
- Air Conditioning:
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Clothes Dryer
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Music Library
- Ping Pong Table
Pool & Spa
- Heated Pool
- Indoor Pool
- Hot Tub
- Communal Pool
- Outdoor Grill
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lawn / Garden
- Ski & Snowboard
- Water Sports Gear
- Deck / Patio
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Golf Course View
- Mountain View
- Water Tubing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Ski Lift Privileges
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Rock Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Ice Skating
- Paddle Boating
- Gambling Casinos
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Recreation Center
- Water Parks
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Theme Parks
- Equestrian Events
- Medical Services
- Fly Fishing
- Hunting Small Game
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Freshwater Fishing
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Massage Therapist
- I live main highway between the 2 of the most beautiful pair of resorts towns on the planet for 4 season fun. Morels in spring huge festival, great hiking, beautiful lakes, mountains, coast line, rivers, spas, world class golf. It's all right here So much to do within a 25 mile radius, there is something for everyone! Boyne Mountain is 3 miles out of drive to right with year round activities, pool, workout, and hot tub privleges extended to you. There is an arcade (Huge with race cars lol), Michigan's largest indoor water park( surf simulator rocks), horse drawn wagons, tubing, Zip Line, Spa, golf, beach and beach house you can use, I am a spa member and can get you discounts on services or day passes. I have a rental closet, actually borrow closet of about 20 adult sized boots, 10 pair of really nice skis, and lots ob bibs, goggles, and face masks to help out those without their own that only come once or year or forget something. I am one mile from the put in for the Boyne river and currently have 5 kayaks and 9 tubes. I will port and guide you on it, any of the half dozen area rivers or lakes. or my favorite: fast, beautiful, and fun, the Jordan river. Boyne City has to be the cutest town in the USA. Two time winner of statewide award for a community involvement, leisure and entertainment offerings, and setting called,'Main Street Michigan'. Lake Charlevoix was honored as the second most beautiful lake in the US by USA Today and the Boyne City wraps all around all the way to Charlevoix 20 miles away. A sight you can see from the top of the mountain the property is nestled in to the base. At least a dozen great restaurants with 5 miles of here. The benefits of living in one of the hottest resort towns in Michigan! Community calendar March 10-17 - Boyne City Irish Heritage Week - Commemorating our founding by Irish immigrants in 1856. Music, history and genealogy. March 14 - Business After Hours at Pat O'Brien Real Estate, 128 E. Water St., 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 15-17 - Carnival Weekend, Boyne Mountain Resort March 16, 17, 22, 23 - Boyne City High School Spring Musical 'Grease,' Performing Arts Center. April 12-13 - 6th Annual Chef's Challenge, Boyne Mountain April 25 - 5th Annual Chamber Business Expo and Taste of Boyne, www.boyneexpo.com May 1 - Farmers Market moves outdoors to Veterans Park, Wednesday & Saturday, May thru October, 8 a.m. to noon May 16-19 - 53rd Annual National Morel Mushroom Festival, Veterans Park, www.morelfest.com May 25 – American Legion Memorials and Monuments Tour, poker run rally, Veterans Park. May 26 - Memorial Day Drag Races, City Airport May 27 - Memorial Day breakfast at high school; memorial services at Veterans Park June 8 - Michigan Mountain Mayhem cycling event June 14 - Stroll the Streets begins, continues Friday evenings through the summer, 6 to 9 p.m. June 15 – Young Americans concert, high school performing Arts Center, 7:30 p.m. June 15 - Pink Ribbon Ride, Veterans Park June 19 - Evenings at the Gazebo concert series begins, Wednesdays throughout the summer, Old City Park, 6:30 p.m. June 28-29 – SOBO Arts Festival, Friday night downtown, Saturday at Peninsula Beach July 3 - Waterside Arts & Crafts Show and kids bouncers open for 4th of July Celebration, Veterans Park July 4 - 4th of July Celebration (Running race, parade, craft fair, bouncers, music, fireworks), www.boyne4thofjuly.com July 12-13 - Boyne Thunder, Veterans Park, www.boynethunder.com July 13 - Aviation Day Open House at Boyne City Municipal Airport, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 20 - Charlevoix Area Humane Society Poochfest at Veterans Park July 25-28 - Antique Flywheelers Show, Walloon Lake July 25 - Dancin' in the Street, 300 block of Lake Street, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Aug. 3 - Ride the Charx bike ride around Lake Charlevoix, Veterans Park Aug. 1-4 - Boyne Falls Polish Festival, www.boynefallspolishfestival.com Aug. 2-4 - Pride of Baltimore II tall ship visits Boyne City. Aug. 10 - Antique Auto Show & Flea Market, Veterans Park. Flea Market continues Aug. 11. Aug. 10 - Summer Celebration sidewalk sales and Farmers Market, downtown Boyne City Aug 15-18 - Norfolk Harvest Festival, Veterans Park Aug. 29 - Dancin' in the Street, live music, food and dancining in the 300 block of Lake Street, 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Aug 31 - Kiwanis Labor Day Car Show, Veterans Park Aug. 31 - Sept. 1 - Red Fox Regatta, Veterans Park Sept. 1 - Labor Day Drag Races, Boyne City Airport...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Comfortable, clean rental property with tons of extras. The put-put and batting cages were a ton of fun. Sally is like your personal concierge. Great location between Boyne Mtn. and Boyne City. We hope to make it back during ski season. Thank you for everything.
- Guest Natalie (Wyandotte, MI)
- Date of stay 08/31/13
- Review Submitted 09/02/13
Recommended for: Pet owners, families with teenagers, families with young children, sightseeing, adventure seekers, girls getaway.
Owner response: Thank you so much, I truly enjoyed your family and getting to have a big bonfire! I have all the gear and outerwear and really good skis and know I could teach you in one lesson! Looking forward to your return this winter. :)
All-n-All Great Trip!
All-n-All Great Trip!
We were a group of 15. Had 8 adults 2 teens & 5 kids. We were supposed to only have the main house but due to remodeling, the basement with 2 rooms was not available but this was not a problem at all Sally already had the cottage ready for us due to the remodeling in the basement. On our last night their we had to vacate the cottage due to another booking & we all managed to find a good sleeping spot in the main house all on the upper level. lol all 15 of us :-) it was cramped but after a long amazing 5 day stay the last night didnt matter where we slept. the discription, location and photos were accurate, with the exception of the one Larg fire-pit. Each property had its own small pit so it was just fine. The house was very clean and beautiful inside. The porch was perfect for all 10 of us to party after the kids were in the room for the night. Conveniently the kids room window faces the porch so that worked out perfect to where we could watch them. Sally helped us with any and everything we needed. Every vacation is only what you make it and let me tell you WE HAD A BLAST! We used the put-put & golf 4 days out of our stay. We loved the State park/beach that was only a 10 min away it was beautiful & sooo clean we went daily. OMG! taking Sally's kayaks and tubes down the river (less than 10 min away) was the best part of all!! The fact that she has the kayaks & tubes there for her guests to use freely at no extra cost was GREAT. (we took the tubes to the beach also) We went to Boyne and went swimming in the indoor/outdoor pool the kids loved that. My sister and I snuck away and went down into the spa it was beautiful and extremely relaxing, Sally joined us this day and walked me around giving me a tour of the spa & gym area. We went back the next day with just our group and went swimming while some of us went on the zip line!!!! This was the best vacation ever!!! Every day was a new adventure, from waking up & cooking breakfast in Sally's larg and fully equipped kitchen to ending the night making smore's out in the garden at the fire pit. This was a perfect location, yes it was rd side but that made it convenient to get around. We were free to be as loud as we wanted at any hour & just have FUN we took a lot of fireworks and has a blast lighting them off several nights. Durring our stay one of our vehicles broke down :-( Sally was great &helpfull. She got us all info needed for the car. we got home safe & LOOK FORWARD TO BOOKING NEXT SUMMER! THANKS SALLY
- Guest Large Group full of fun... Smile (Waterford MI)
- Date of stay 07/08/13
- Review Submitted 08/09/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, pet owners, families with teenagers, age 55+, families with young children, sightseeing, adventure seekers, girls getaway.
House did not meet our expectations. Listing description not as advertised. (4 bedrooms-sleeps18?) Only 3 of 4 bedrooms usable, 1 1/2 bath, not 2 1/2, cramped quarters for party of 8 adults & 5 children. Basement area not suitable for tall people and pretty much unusable during our stay due to remodeling? Close to road, fenced in. Owner lives on property, nice flower gardens, included access to free putt-putt & day spa pass at Boyne. We made the best of it, but would not recommend to a friend or relative.
- Guest Sandra G.
- Date of stay 07/25/13
- Review Submitted 07/30/13
Owner response: I am so sorry to ever disappoint. reread listing... House is advertised to sleep 10, max 12. 2 bedrooms, 1 and half bath and much sleeping set up for individuals. There is a cottage on property that sleeps 8 but they have to both be rented for 18. Yes large fence enclosing yard and lovely flower gardens surrounding everything. Sorry weather not so cooperative during your short stay. Glad your group got a chance to all visit Boyne Adventure Golf and the spa, two great FREE amenities to add value of over $250. Hope you find a more suitable place for next years gathering.
Boyne Mountian Skiing Trip 2013
Boyne Mountian Skiing Trip 2013
Owner very helpful and great to rent from her, always willing to help out. The house was clean and well supplied, plenty of extras included. Had a great time.
- Guest Sheryl (GPP, MI )
- Date of stay 02/17/13
- Review Submitted 02/26/13
Owner response: Thank you so much for staying, enjoyed your family! Glad little B. got to go to camp :) Looking forward to seeing you next year!
ski house rentales
ski house rentales
Great time close to skiing and downtown Boyne city, Sally took good care of me and my group got us great discounts at local restaurants especially liked Santes
- Guest pedderd (bouyne city)
- Date of stay 01/16/13
- Review Submitted 02/13/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, pet owners, people with disabilities, families with teenagers, age 55+, families with young children, sightseeing, adventure seekers, girls getaway.
Owner response: Thanks Paul. You know you are ALWAYS welcome!
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
|fall hunting and colors
Sep 1 - Dec 19
2 night min stay
Dec 20 - Jan 5
3 night min stay
|winter ski season
Jan 6 - Apr 1
2 night min stay
Apr 2 - Apr 30
2 night min stay
|morel mushrooms season
May 1 - Jun 27
2 night min stay
Jun 28 - Aug 30
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Holidays weeks, and fesstival weekends will be at a higher rate, call me for details
- Pet Fee: $5
- Taxes Not included
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Pellston, MI at 25 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Mackinaw Ferry at 30 Miles
- Nearest Train: Bus, Indian Trails at 3 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I 75 at 17 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Young's State Park at 3 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Snowflake, Piersons,BRI, Cafe Sante, Red Mesa at 2 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Boyne Mountain at 3 Miles
Year Purchased: 2010
About the owner: I am a retired Army vet who works as an energy healer and makes ends meet rented out the two houses I have furnished and decorated over the last 3 years! I am a spa member that loves yoga, kayaking, skiing, skating, reading, and gardening! My only rule is you have fun while you are here!
Why the Owner Chose Boyne City:
I LOVE this area. My son and I had been vacationing here, especially winters to ski each weekend. Grew tired of driving up here and it is so beautiful here I just left my massage practice in St Johns and found this great place with enough houses and building to have guests and open my healing center on a commercial lot grandfathered as residential. I had to move!!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Chamber Calendar May 1 - Farmers Market moves outdoors to Veterans Park, Wednesday & Saturday, May thru October, 8 a.m. to noon June 8 - Michigan Mountain Mayhem cycling event June 14 - Stroll the Streets begins, continues Friday evenings through the summer, 6 to 9 p.m. June 15 – Young Americans concert, high school performing Arts Center, 7:30 p.m. June 15 - Pink Ribbon Ride, Veterans Park June 19 - Evenings at the Gazebo concert series begins, Wednesdays throughout the summer, Old City Park, 6:30 p.m. June 28-29 – SOBO Arts Festival, Friday night downtown, Saturday at Peninsula Beach July 3 - Waterside Arts & Crafts Show and kids bo
- Primary: 5172563970
twin just out of master behind giant leather sectional
marble floors granite top with shower bath HUGE
therapy room from library
kitchen looking into dining
therapy room from office
my cousin and I opening day at 'the Halfway'
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, October 09, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!