Our Nation's Capitol -- Enjoy a Beautiful Historical Vacation
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Other Washington Properties condo description
Enjoy staying in the beautiful Wyndham National Harbor Resort where all the comforts of home await you after a day of exploration. The property has a full kitchen. The resort has all of the amenities, such as an indoor pool, fitness center, concierge service, activities for families. The resort is part of the new National Harbor District which is loaded with wonderful restaurants and things to do. There is a free shuttle that leaves every half hour to all of the attractions. Learn about amazing U.S. History, view world-class art museums, amazing architecture, and dive into the world's most concentrated multicultural cuisine out there. The city features the most incredible dining experiences, learning experiences, for all senses, for all people, from all walks of life. DC really does stand on its own as a unique and amazing place to visit.
All of the Master Bedrooms have King Size beds. The guest bedrooms have two beds. The living room couch folds out for extra sleeping space. There are laundry facilities.
There is also great public transportation. The NH1 Metro Bus stops right in front of the resort and will take you to the Green Line at the Branch Avenue Station. The Water Taxi picks guests up on the Potomoc over to Old Town Alexandria and DC Proper, or many guests prefer the free shuttle that leaves every half hour from the National Harbor Area.
- 1200 sq. ft.
- Elevator : The resort is 11 stories
- On floor 2
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
- The Master Bedroom has a King Size Bed, and its own bathroom.
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Linens Provided
- Iron & Board
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Living Room seats 8
- Air Conditioning
- The National Harbor Area is home to many walking trails and bike trails. Many guests bring bikes or rent bikes down by the river. The bike trails go all the way to Mount Vernon. There are wonderful restaurants and fun things to do in National Harbor. For nightlife, there is a nightclub on the top floor of the Gaylord Resort. Speak to the concierge about getting on the list. It is a private club, only accessible to guests staying in the National Harbor. There is a ferry that goes regularly to Old Town Alexandria where many guests like to go out for a nice bite to eat, and enjoy the old-town colonial architecture....moreless
- Game Room:
- Video Library:
- Video Games
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Indoor Pool
- Heated Pool
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Car Not Necessary
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Mountain Biking
- Sight Seeing
- Live Theater
- Scenic Drives
- Health/Beauty Spa
- National Harbor itself has plenty to do with festivals coming through, many restaurants, a nightclub atop of the Gaylord Hotel, a selection of fine dining and nightly entertainment along the river. With DC just a water taxi ride away, you'll be able to explore world-famous Smithsonian museums, the Capitol, the White House, the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial. For an elegant eventing of fine music, attend the Kennedy Center for an amazing performance. Take in the culture of all of the multicultural in DC, enjoy the history, the opulence, and the people!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We had a wonderful vacation thanks to Joyce! The condo was immaculate, exactly as described, and a great location for our visit to DC. In fact, we wish we could have stayed longer and done more. Getting to the Metro station was close by and easy to navigate to. Shopping, restaurants and other activities were nearby and easy to find. I wouldn't hesitate to staty here again -- and maybe we will be able next time we visit DC.
- Guest Kristi M. (Jacksonville, FL USA)
- Date of stay 07/07/13
- Review Submitted 10/07/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
Lovely unit and location will definitely stay here again - thank you so much
- Guest Heather H.
- Date of stay 08/12/13
- Review Submitted 08/17/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers, romantic getaway.
Owner response: Thank you for your reply. We're glad that you had an enjoyable stay. Joyce
Comfortable Base for Exploring DC
Comfortable Base for Exploring DC
First of all the owner/renter (Joyce) was super. Immediately confirmed my dates and sent over all the details needed for my arrival. The property is a Wynham time share, but aside from a polite invitation to explore the privileges of ownership upon my check in, there was no need further evidence of the time share aspects of the property. The suite itself is very nice, modern and comfortable with all the appointments needed for an extended stay. The property has a pool and a game room, a Wii room, pool table and foosball table that my kids made some use of, but we were there to see the sights. Overall the property is on par with your average Marriott or Wyndham hotel - more efficient than elegant. The National Harbor area has everything - restaurants, shops, a drug store, gourmet market, gas station, car wash, etc. If you want to eat at some of the better restaurants make reservations early as they do fill up. Parking is right across the street for a very reasonable $11/day with in and out privileges. It was a chilly spring week for our stay, but summer here is probably best with lots of opportunities to dine or have drinks outside near the waterfront. Getting to and from the National Mall was a little tricky. The shuttle that runs between DC and the Wyndham is pretty useless. The schedule is ridiculous and transit times when you include all the stops was as much as 2 hours! The Old Town Trolly picks up there I understand, and a cab ride is only $25. We opted to just get back in the car and drove the 10-15 minutes and got lucky on parking. A nice summer time option would be to take the Potomac River boat out of Old Towne to Georgetown. It was a little chilly for that option during our stay. Old Town Alexandria is also only 10 minutes away by car or a water taxi runs back and forth. We went to King St Blues for dinner with the kids and would definitely recommend that as a great spot to eat; kid friendly and darn good barbecue.
- Guest pete e.
- Date of stay 03/21/13
- Review Submitted 03/27/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
Owner response: Hi Pete, Thank you for your reply. We appreciated your detailed review and the heads up on the shuttle. This has helped many of our guests who have stayed here after you. Joyce
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Please call or email regarding rates and availability - they change based on the season. We have several President's Day weekend dates available, as well as St. Patrick's Day, Mother's Day, April weekends, June weeks. Please inquire for the dates that you want, and we can then quote you more accurately as the rates change depending on the season. We are reasonable -- I promise!
- Tax Rate 11%
100% refund if canceled at least 90 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport at 10 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Right on the Potomoc River behind the Resort at 0.01 Miles
- Nearest Train: Branch Avenue Station - Can take the NH1 or walk at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Rehoboth Beach at 126 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Many at 0.01 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Many at 0.01 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: I am originally from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. We live in Kauai, Hawaii now -- I love DC! We love providing you with a great resort stay! We are a registered business and we work hard from home. :)
Why the Owner Chose Other Washington Properties:
I love this property because it is in our nation's capitol. It's in Washington DC where amazing art and history and learning experience are everywhere.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
This property is right in the National Harbor District, which is a new development in Washington DC. It has a free shuttle that takes guests over to where all of the attractions are every half hour. Guests just show the shuttle driver proof that they are a guest at the resort by showing their room key. This resort is the only timeshare-style accommodation in the DC area. Staying here is a real treat after a busy day out, to come home to a comfortable home-like environment with all of the best resort amenities.
- Primary: +1 808-651-7565
- Secondary: +1 617-433-STAY
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Wyndham National Harbor Resort
Lobby and Concierge Service Desk
Guest Bedroom with Two Double Beds
2B Deluxe Floor PLan
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, December 04, 2013