Free Lake Michigan Sunrises, Room to Sprawl & Relax
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Algoma house description
The Algoma Lake House is located on the scenic shores of Lake Michigan. This comfortable 1950's stone house has been updated with all the modern conveniences. The Lake House is located within walking distance to historic downtown Algoma and Cresent Beach featuring a romantic boardwalk along the crashing waves of Lake Michigan. Minutes away from Door County.
Upstairs at the Lake House sleeps 4 people. Featuring 2 bedrooms - one with a queen bed & TV and a second bedroom with 2 twin beds. A full master bath with jetted tub, large shower, and his' & her's sinks. Also upstairs, you can play billiards in the loft overlooking the great room and a spectacular view of Lake Michigan.
The main level includes 2 bedrooms sleeping 6 people, one with a full size bed and the other with 2 sets of bunk beds for the kids. A full bath is also located on the main floor.
The kitchen has all the modern conveniences: stove/oven, microwave, refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher & toaster oven. All cookware and servingware are provided along with wine glasses!
The main level also includes a quiet sitting room in the front of the house - great for reading; a dining room and a great room at the rear of the house with a window wall looking over the spacious back yard, patio and Lake Michigan.
Outside features a large stone patio with a firepit, patio table and chairs with outdoor speakers and gas grill. Sit and enjoy the perennial gardens while sipping a cold beverage.
The double wide driveway is large enough for 4 cars and a boat trailer. Motorcycles Welcome!
The Algoma Lake House would provide a fantastic venue for your next family reunion, family or guy's weekend of fishing or taking in a Packer game, wedding parties, girl's weekend especially during Lady's Fest or Wet Whistle Wine Fest. A great location to take a day trip north to visit the hustle & bustle of summer in Door County then come home to the relaxing beach and tranquil streets of Algoma.
A grocery store with Redbox and Subway are steps away if you're feeling like a low key evening at home. You can always call and have a pizza delivered, too!
- 2000 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Events Allowed
- Limited Accessibility
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
- All bed linens & pillows provided.
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Towels Provided:
- Living Room seats 12:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Washing Machine
- Linens Provided
- Pool Table
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
Situated on a cliff overlooking the rocky shores of Lake Michigan is a large deck with plenty of seating. A great place to start the morning off with a hot cup of coffee or enjoy an evening cocktail....moreless
- Pier Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Ice Skating
- Freshwater Fishing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Scenic Drives
- Winery Tours
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Discover the quiet little city of Algoma nestled on the shores of the longest public beach in Wisconsin! Enjoy a historic walking tour of downtown Algoma's Walldog Mural, wine tasting and tours at the award-winning von Stiehl Winery or the best salmon fishing Wisconsin has to offer. Algoma is an excellent starting point for day trips to Green Bay, Lambeau Field and the Packer Hall of Fame. Enjoy a scenic ride meandering up Highway U to Sturgeon Bay - the gateway to Door County and all of the unique shops, restuarants and many golf courses and wineries. When you had enough of the summer crowds of the penisula head back to Algoma for dinner at home or enjoy a laid back evening in the friendly restaurants and taverns downtown. End the day by taking a stroll on the Cresent Beach listening to the waves crashing in before heading back to the Lake House to sit by a fire eating yummy s'mores........ FISHING: Algoma is Wisconsin's #1 port for King Salmon and Steelhead. Also, home to a large fleet of charter fishing boats, a public city marina and a state of art eco-friendly fish cleaning station. So whether you bring your own boat or book a trip on a charter you have a chance to land a 20+ lb HAWG! WINERY & TOURS: Algoma is home to von Stiehl, Wisconsin's oldest licensed winery. von Stiehl offers 25 varieties from traditional grape varieties to intense fruit wines. Local favorites include the ever popular Naughty Girl, a Wisconsin concoction - Cherry Bounce and a personal favorite - Oktoberfest. Continue the tour by checking out Door County Wine Trail or Fox River Wine Trail... UNIQUE SHOPS: THE FLYING PIG- A must for aspiring gardeners or art-lovers set in the rural outskirts south of Algoma. This combination of gallery, greenspace and coffee bar provides a quiet, inspirational atmosphere to shop, stroll, or just chat with a friend sipping a hot delicious beverage... CLAY ON STEELE: A unique art incubator offering a pottery gallery, instruction or studio away from home for traveling artists. Thursday's evening offering: community open house featuring an open studio for artists and novices alike. (nominal fee for studio time & clay)... TINA MARIE'S BOUTIQUE: A regional favorite for unique resort & evening wear or if you're feeling the need for a little bling bling! Tina is known for her impeccable ability to match the right style to highlight your best features. She also specializes in formal wear including hard to find designer wedding dresses, mother of the bride and prom dresses... GOOD TIDINGS NAUTICAL GIFTS: Are you looking for that unique nautical remembrance from your trip to Algoma? Good Tidings is the place to find all things related to lighthouses, pirates, the beach, flamingos, fishing and Algoma themed shirts & sweatshirts. Stop by and say Hi to Lynn & Jim! AHNAPEE STATE TRAIL: The old Ahnapee & Western Railway bed is now a multi-use trail for year round use. The 44 miles of trails run from Algoma to Kewaunee, Casco & Luxemburg and Sturgeon Bay to the North. In the winter the Ahnapee Trail interconnects with numerous miles of snowmobile trails in Kewaunee and Door County... Local Festival and Events: MAY- Main Street Car Show... JUNE- Lady's Fest @ von Stiehl Winery, Annual Tractor Rally......... JULY- Rio Creek Fly-In, City-Wide Garage Sales, Kewaunee County Fair, Kewaunee/Door County Salmon Tournament... AUGUST- Shanty Days Celebration of the Lake, parade, music, food & fireworks... SEPTEMBER- Wet Whistle Wine Fest, Agricultural Heritage Days... OCTOBER- Oktoberfest at Agricultural Heritage Farm... NOVEMBER- Christmas Tree Hunting Season, Pictures with Santa & his reindeers at North Water Bakery Annual Christmas Open House... DECEMBER- Christmas in the City... February: Annual Fisheree - Alaska Lakes... Summer - Concerts in the Park (Thursday nights starting in July @ gazebo by City Marina) ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Wonderful house by the lake
Wonderful house by the lake
We had a great stay at your house. Everything we needed was there. We enjoyed the pool table and sitting by the fire. The fishing wasn't so good. That would made are stay much more enjoyable. There was plenty of room for the group that came with. Thanks Kathy for the use of your charming house.
- Guest Denny (Chicago)
- Date of stay 06/27/13
- Review Submitted 07/10/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with young children, age 55+, girls getaway.
Owner response: Dennis, Sorry the fish didn't cooperate, I suggest fishing in late July next time. I'm glad your group enjoyed my lake house and you found everything to your satisfaction. I hope to have you back in the future. -Kathy
Very Nice Place,With Beautiful Views
Very Nice Place,With Beautiful Views
Spent a winter weekend here recently,with some friends..was nice to find a place,that has four bedrooms,so there was plenty of sleeping room,to accomidate everyone..on one end of the house,a nice little living room area,very quiet for relaxing on the sofa,or having a conversation.and on the other side of the house,a huge open space,full of large beautiful plants,a gas fireplace,and plenty of sitting space for all. Also a wall of windows,we could watch the fog lift of the lake in the morning,and even saw an albino squirrel,running around the huge back yard. The loft,with billard table,was a plus..and the kitchen,with granite counter tops,and very nice,new digital appliances...The place is very clean,Bright,and all around great place.. Would love to,and hope I get to,see it in the summer time.. Thank you Kathy,for sharing your place with us ! Vance Green Bay,Wi.
- Guest Vance6 (Green Bay,WI.)
- Date of stay 02/15/13
- Review Submitted 02/18/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+, families with teenagers, tourists without a car, girls getaway.
Owner response: Vance, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay; I'm glad everyone had fun! Yes, you should come back in summer to enjoy the yard, the gardens, the firepit and the deck overlooking the lake. Thanks, Kathy
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Oct 15 - May 19
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
2 night stay available with additional $75.00 cleaning. Half of the rental fee is required to secure reservation. Final payment due 30 days prior to arrival. Must sign rental agreement. Credit cards not accepted.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $350
- Tax Rate 11%
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Austin Straubel International Airport at 45 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: S.S. Badger Lake Michigan Car Ferry/ Ludington, MI at 40 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: HWY 42 at Algoma
- Nearest Beach: Cresent Beach at Algoma
- Nearest Golf: Alaskan Golf Club - open to the public at 5 Miles
Year Purchased: 2001
About the owner: My name is Kathy, I originally purchased this property because I loved the small town quaintness of Algoma and the close proximity to Door County and Green Bay. I tell people every morning I rise to a new view because the Lake Michigan waters look different everyday. I would love to share a little bit of my world with you. The LAKE HOUSE is the perfect place to make memories!
Why the Owner Chose Algoma:
The Algoma Lake House looks over the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan. Rise in the morning to the sun greeting you as it rises over Lake Michigan. Enjoy coffee on the deck over looking the water as the gulls congregate on the rocks below. Stroll by the perennial gardens as you contemplate your days events. Enjoy a day trip to Door County. Minutes away is a multitude of golf courses, wineries, boutiques and unique shops and restaurants. Green Bay is 30 minutes away. Explore the Packer Hall of Fame, take in a Packer game at Lambeau Field. Definately take in the pre-game festivities & phenomenal tailgating and bar-hopping. Nobody knows how to party more than Packer fans on game day. Spend a day at the Lake House making memories. Enjoy the large spacious yard to throw around a Frisbee or football with your children, enjoy a cup of coffee with mom and dad while you stroll through the perennial gardens. Then at night enjoy smores as you sit on the patio enjoying the warm flames of the firepit. Any way you choose to spend your days at the Lake House, you are bound to leave with fantastic memories of warm summer days with your loved ones.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Large 1+ acre yard, room to wander around and enjoy nature. Close to town, grocery store and Subway across street. Convenient location as a home base while you explore: Door County to the North, Manitowoc to the South and Green Bay to the West. Choose to spend your time relaxing at the LAKE HOUSE, there is no reason to go any further.
- Primary: +847 975 x 3149
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Make Summertime Memories on the patio. Dine, sunbathe or gather by the fire.
Enjoy the view from the loft while playing billiards.
The master bedroom, queen size air mattress and TV.
View from the patio over the spacious yard and Lake Michigan.
Winter is a great time to visit, too!
WINTER - country ski, snowshoe, snowmobile or Ice fishing on the Bay
Bring your boat or take a charter
Women fish too!
Aerial view of Algoma and the harbor fed by the Ahnapee River
The Flying Pig GreenSpace & Gallery! 3 miles south of town on Hwy 42. Inspiring!
The boardwalk on Cresent Beach, right downtown. Bring your beach toys!
Enjoy Lady's Fest @ von Stiehl winery. Music, Massage, & Merlot...Memories!
The great room includes a gas fireplace , TV and DVD player.
Feel like eating in? The kitchen is fully equipped.
Comfy Green Gables bedroom on main floor.
Take time out to smell the roses.
Charter fishing is awesome, let me hook you up!
Visit Sturgeon Bay - Steel Bridge Fest, Tall Ships or fishing on the canal
Sunrise on Lake Michigan, early birds get the Coho...
Take a scenic ride thru Door County
Get up early to enjoy the sunrise!
Enjoy the solitude of an early morning walk on the beach.
Wet Whistle Wine Fest
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, August 09, 2013
4 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.