Mountain Top Retreat
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Lookout Mountain house description
Chanticleer Cottage - Complete renovation as of November 2012. This 4 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath home is located high a top Lookout Mountain and one block from Rock City Gardens.
If you're looking for upscale home to vacation in, and you also want to be close be close to area attractions and downtown Chattanooga, then Chanticleer Cottage is a prefect choice for your vacation retreat.
Chanticleer Cottage is a beautiful professionally decorated home located in a quiet residential community. Sleeps 8 in beds, bed configurations are one king master bedroom, one queen master bedroom located on first floor, and a third queen BR and fourth BR with 2 twins with shared bath located on second floor. This upscale home has all the modern amenities for you to be able to relax and enjoy your vacation with very nice appointments throughout including granite counter tops, hardwood flooring, custom window treatments and blinds, some cathedral ceilings with ceiling fans.
Chanticleer Cottage has a great layout. On the first floor you have 1 large king master with cathedral ceiling and sliding barn doors into private bath complete with whirlpool tub and separate rain shower. Also on first floor is a queen master with private bath with whirlpool tub. First floor also has living room with stone fireplace, dining area, sunporch and kitchen with granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances. The laundry area is also located on this level. On the second floor, you have two bedrooms. One Queen and one with two twins with a shared bathroom. Enjoy the outdoors as you relax on the front covered stone patio or on the large stone patio of the back of cottage.
Please visit our web site for more information and photo's: www.lookoutmountainvacationrental.com
Owners also own and operate Chanticleer Inn Bed & Breakfast adjacent to property see: www.stayatchanticleer.com
- 2400 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Children Welcome
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Ice Maker
- Air Conditioning:
- Washing Machine
- Living Room seats 8
- Iron & Board
- Clothes Dryer
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Water Tubing
- Roller Blading
- Massage Therapist
- Equestrian Events
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Mountain Biking
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Rock Climbing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Theme Parks
- Winery Tours
- Water Parks
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Botanical Garden
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Bird Watching
- Live Theater
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Outlet Shopping
- The Property is conveniently located just 10 minutes from downtown Chattanooga, Tennessee. Many of our guests enjoy making a day out of visiting some of the many Chattanooga area attractions. Shopping is abundant in Chattanooga whether it is at the unique Warehouse Row, North Shore area, the several antique shops, or Hamilton Place Mall. You are sure to find some keepsakes. At just over 1,800 feet above sea level, the Chanticleer Cottage sits with distinction high atop Lookout Mountain on a beautiful plateau that borders Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama. The mountain offers plenty of wonderfully romantic views of Chattanooga Valley and surrounding areas. The cottage is conveniently located within a block from the famous Rock City Gardens where visitors can see seven states. It is also 5 minutes from Ruby Falls, Incline Railway and Point Park. For the adventurous, there are numerous local nature trails and historical parks for hiking and biking. The Area: With so many exciting attractions close by, Chanticleer Cottage is the perfect place to stay! It is close to all the culture, shopping and scenic beauty of the Lookout Mountain and Chattanooga areas. For more information about specific events, please see the Chattanooga Area Convention and Visitor’s Bureau website. Lookout Mountain Area Attractions: Rock City is located within walking distance. Take an unforgettable journey atop Lookout Mountain, stroll through ancient rock formations, and enjoy the quiet woodland paths and gardens. Enjoy refreshments at the Big Rock Grill or grab a cappuccino at Starbucks. Experience the magic of Rock City year round. Be sure to check their site for special events and happenings. Incline Railway, “America’s Most Amazing Mile”, has delighted guests for more than a century. As the trolley-style railcars climb Lookout Mountain, Chattanooga‘s surrounding mountains and valleys come alive. The 72.7% grade near the top makes the Incline the steepest passenger railway in the world. Ruby Falls is a Lookout Mountain cave once used as a campsite by American Indians, a hideout for outlaws, and a hospital during the Civil War, Ruby Falls has been visited by millions of people including Andrew Jackson and Babe Ruth. Featuring a tour of the natural cave and an underground waterfall, Ruby Falls has proven to be a popular Lookout Mountain attraction since 1929. Grandview, atop Lookout Mountain, is the perfect place to help you think outside the box. Reach your peak productivity 1700 feet above sea level. You’ll find warm spaces for intimate gatherings, boardroom business, and breakout discussions. Have round table discussions where the valley views provide the backdrop to exhilarate the mind. Grandview will raise expectations for future meeting. The Cravens House, part of the Chickamauga-Chattanooga National Military Park, is located at the north end of Lookout Mountain. During the battle of Chattanooga, both the Union and Confederate armies used the home as an observation post and headquarters. Covenant College is the College of the Presbyterian Church in America, PCA. It is a four-year liberal arts college housed in the former Lookout Mountain Hotel. Built in 1927 with the South’s largest ballroom and 200 guest rooms, the once-posh “Castle in the Clouds” has been Covenant’s home since 1964. Point Park was built in 1905 to commemorate the “Battle Above the Clouds” during the Civil War, and has numerous monuments to the soldiers who died in the area. The building was the inspiration for the insignia of the Army Corps of Engineers, who built the park. Battles For Chattanooga Electric Map & Museum, atop Lookout Mountain at the entrance to Point Park, is a popular starting point for people touring Civil War battle sites in the area. Chattanooga Area Attractions: The Tennessee Aquarium offers views of animals from the mountains to the sea, and takes visitors through three forests and puts them eye to eye with sharks, otters and alligators. The Creative Discovery Museum is a place where interactive, hands-on activities provide learning fun for children ages two to twelve. The Hunter Museum of American Art offers an exceptional array of American art recognized as one of the country’s finest collections. The Chattanooga Choo Choo was made famous by the Glenn Miller Orchestra song “Chattanooga Choo Choo.” This 24-acre vacation and convention complex is located in the heart of Chattanooga. Chickamauga & Chattanooga Battlefield is the first and largest of the U.S. National Military Parks. The Lookouts are Chattanooga’s Minor League baseball team. Raccoon Mountain Caverns, praised as one of the top ten caves in the U.S., is located just outside of Chattanooga in Lookout Valley. The Chattanooga Zoo at Warner Park occupies six acres in Warner Park just two miles from downtown Chattanooga. It features animals from all over the world. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We are three sisters along with our husbands who spent the Labor Day weekend at the Chanticleer Cottage. The cottage was wonderful-newly decorated, tastefully appointed, spacious with an excellent location to Rock City (and Starbucks!) We will certainly recommend it to our friends and family. We enjoyed Rock City, Ruby Falls, and the Incline. Had excellent meals at 1885, The Back Inn Cafe,The Boathouse, and The Terminal Brewhouse. The fireworks display on Sunday night was an unexpected surprise, but our hostess told us about it. We could watch it from the cottage's patio. Other than some rain, it was a perfect weekend.
- Guest Indiana gals (Indiana)
- Date of stay 08/30/13
- Review Submitted 09/05/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway.
Fantastic Mountain Top Retreat
Fantastic Mountain Top Retreat
My family stayed in the Chanticleer Cottage over the weekend for my wedding at Grandview (across the street). It was perfect. It was so nice to have a "base of operations" just steps away from the wedding venue. There was plenty of space for everyone and the modern amenities were greatly appreciated! Our family would love to stay there again!
- Guest Hope S. (Atlanta, GA)
- Date of stay 06/21/13
- Review Submitted 07/06/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, romantic getaway.
My husband and I stayed in the cottage at Chanticleer Inn for a week over the Christmas Holiday. The owners had just recently remodeled all the rooms and it was very homey and charming from the beautiful modern kitchen to the great sunroom. All the bedrooms and baths have been tastefully done with antiqued furniture to the modern fixtures and whirlpool in the master suite. The stone deck in the backyard will certainly be a great place to eat or sit and read in the warmer weather. I would highly recommend this property to anyone looking for a wonderful getaway. The Harts were very helpful with any questions and the staff was also, very accomadating. We are looking forward to the day we can return and enjoy all the ammenities the area has to offer.
- Guest Bunky (MA.)
- Date of stay 12/19/12
- Review Submitted 03/16/13
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 1 - Oct 31
2 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed. Minimum 2 night stay for stays longer than a week please contact owner direct. Housekeeping available for additional charge.
- Tax Rate 10%
You can cancel, but you will not receive a refund.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Chattanooga, TN at 17 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I-75, I-24 at 5.6 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Cafe on the Corner at 1.4 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Lookout Mountain Golf Club at 0.8 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Cafe on the Corner at 1.4 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: Own and Operate Chanticleer Inn Bed & Breakfast on Lookout Mountain, Adjacent to property. www.stayatchanticleer.com
Why the Owner Chose Lookout Mountain:
Location, Location, Location
- Primary: 706 820-6221
Links to more information:
View of custom barn doors into master bath.
Enjoy your morning coffee as you relax in this bright, cozy sunroom.
Master King bedroom with catheral ceilings, ceiling fan and hardwood floors.
'Welcome to Lookout Mountain' entryway
Queen master bedroom and bath. Whirlpool tub/shower with custom tile and vanity.
Second floor bedroom with 2 twin beds.
Upstair queen bedroom
Living room with gas log stone fireplace, flat screen TV and dvd.
New, High End Kitchen with SS appliances, hand-rubbed cabinets and granite.
Natural rustic floors and high ceilings add warmth to this inviting sunroom.
King Bath offers whirlpool tub, separate rain shower, custom tile and vanity.
Dining area with extension table located between the kitchen and sunroom.
Master queen bedroom
First floor half bath located just off the entryway.
Second floor bathroom with standard tub/shower, custom tile and vanity.
Rear Stone Patio
Front of Chanticleer Cottage along with covered front stone patio.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, May 24, 2013