Newly Acquired Rental!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Guanajuato City cottage description
The house has two queen sized beds, one in each bedroom. (Additional fold-out beds available on request.)
The roof garden and sunroom (accessible only by spiral staircase) offer privacy and a nice view of the mountains and the neighborhood rooftops. The kitchen and dining cabinets are all hand-carved and hand painted wood, adding charm and color to this little casa.
There is a small safe in one of the bedrooms, and 80 hours of wireless Internet are included in the rental, but can be extended if need be.
The neighborhood is a great deal quieter than the downtown area, and the walk to the downtown (though by taxi, it is about 5 minutes, and very cheap) is short and pleasant, about 15 minutes. Like in all of Mexico, it is always best to take precautions when walking late at night, especially, if you are alone or a woman, but a taxi can deliver you right to the gate. Still Guanajuato is one of the safest states, and is is also home to San Miguel de Allende, which, while a little more touristy, is nevertheless, a nice place to visit while you are here, if you haven't seen it.
- 1200 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Limited Accessibility:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Pets Considered:
- Children Welcome
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- The house has two queen sized beds, one in each bedroom
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine:
- Living Room seats 5
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Car Not Necessary
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Horseback Riding
- Mountain Biking
- Basketball Court
- Equestrian Events
- Mountain Climbing
- Winery Tours
- Recreation Center
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Gambling Casinos
- Live Theater
- Bird Watching
- Mexicans refer to Guanajuato as the heart of Mexico, and so it is. Not only located in the geographic center, it is quintessentially Mexico, and it is dear to Mexicans for this reason. An old mining town - some mining is still done - for around 200 years, it was the world's top silver producer, around 2/3 of all the world's silver, and as such, it has the history and architecture to tell it's varied and fascinating history. The oldest church in town was built in 1532, and there are ruins of old mines virtually, everywhere. Paseo de la Presa, where the rental is located, is one of the oldest neighborhoods, and one can see French, English, and Canadian influences in the architectural styles as well as, of course, the Colonial Spanish styles. Around the corner and up the street is a dam on which one can rent a paddle boat and canoe along side the ducks and view the mansions surrounding this small body of water, and about 15 minutes walk in the other direction, there is the old historic center of town. The neighborhood is considered on of the safest, and it is, of course, a lot quieter than the downtown area. My husband and I sincerely hope you will enjoy your stay in our little town, and we are happy to give tours or refer you to the many tours available for Guanajuato and the surrounding areas, like San Miguel de Allende, which is only an hour and a half away by bus....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Please replace broken items, unless, like with some older electrical items, they have simply received too much wear and tear, in which case, let us know, and we will replace them.
For monthly rates, one month deposit as well as one month rent is required in advance, as well as one month prepaid. For nightly rates, pay in advance. All payments via Pay-pal, Master, Visa, or Discover.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
All fees and taxes are included, but on long term rentals, if electrical usage exceeds normal energy usage, i.e., 300 pesos, and the water 250 pesos, the tenant will have to pay the difference. Guanajuato electrical power company charges a huge fine if the energy usage exceeds expectations. Also, we prefer payments with echecks, there will be a charge of 2.5% for payments with credit cards.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Leon, Guanajuato at 60 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Irapuato / Silao highway at 3 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: About 3 minutes walking distance on the Presa at 800 Metres
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: We are a married couple who have lived in Guanajuato for about 5 years. My husband is an optometrist who has a shop in a little plaza close to the house we just finished building in Valenciana, where we live. It is about 15 minutes by car (traffic jams, notwithstanding) from the rental house. my husband, in addition to being an optometrist and managing the shop, is a watercolorist and a motorbike enthusiast. He belongs to a club of middle aged business owners, who often convert to weekend warriors when there is a local motor club rally, and occasionally, they go on trips (don't worry, not near the Presa house!) Though I taught English in California, I am from Germany originally, and my husband is from Guadalajara. We met in California nearly 20 years ago, and we have settled in this little town because we like the people, the history, the university atmosphere, the Cervantino, and the climate. In California, I worked as a college ESL Instructor. Now - while I have a few students I teach English to in our home just for fun - I am a photographer, and in Guanajuato, we live in a photographer's paradise.
Why the Owner Chose Guanajuato City:
We bought his little house about a month ago, from some Australian acquaintances who needed to go back to Australia for business reasons. We had seen it once before, and we liked the atmosphere and the secure feeling of it, as well the fact that they were willing to leave all their furniture, plants, dishes, sheets, cooking and cleaning utensils. The house is ready to live in, and has more amenities than most, including a washing machine, a small TV, a microwave, and several electronic kitchen gadgets.The immediate neighbors seem friendly and considerate, and the little shared garden is nicely cared for by one of the neighbor ladies. The house is a short walking distance to the local clinic, where they are fully equipped with cat-scans, and excellent diagnosticians. The big hospital in Leon is about an hour away, and considered to be a world class hospital, which I can personally vouch for. We moved to Valenciana about 5 months ago, but before that, we lived in the Presa neighborhood as well, and we found it interesting, friendly, and charming. We often walked our pooches in the park right up the street from the rental house. We also once rented a canoe and paddled around the dam. Silly, but fun. It made us feel like locals. The best way I can put this, is to say that if I were coming here to rent a vacation place, I would grab this one in a hot second because it's a great bang for the buck.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
There is even a tour you can take here of a local pyramid, only unearthed a couple of years ago. if you are interested in knowing more about the Cervantino, you can google it and inform yourself. You might be pleasantly surprised.
- Primary: +1 818 230 2642 Vonage phone, U.S. line
- Secondary: +52 473 102 6031 Please do not call between 9:00 PM and 6:00 AM
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Small bathroom off main bedroom.
Guest bedroom with matrimonial sized bed.
Second gate sign reading "Roberts' Residence" leading up to the house.
Front of house.
Steps going up to bedrooms and bathroom.
Main bedroom. Matrimonial sized bed.
Kitchen, replete with refrigerator, stove, microwave: all dishes and utensils.
stairway leading up to sunroom and roof garden
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.