Gorgeous Seaside Home Designed by Contract Interiors Ltd
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Round Pond house description
My professionally designed home has views in every room. I used bright, fun colors and fabric with a backwash of white walls to create the coastal atmosphere of Maine. I installed a Media room & a 50' TV. A Creststar Sound System was also installed with speakers in every room as well as speakers outside. TVs are in every room, so every guest can go and take naps and lose themselves in their own private areas. The home was built in a beautiful abandoned quarry which provides a wonderful setting for lush gardens. The quarry also houses den's for wonderfully playful river otters. Extraordinary landscaping and the spectacular ocean setting enables you to sit on the stone patio with its beautiful granite walls where you can sit to watch the eagles, seals, and occasional porpoise. There is also a screened in porch with a wood fireplace. Gas fireplace. There is a dock for fishing, boating & delivery of lobster. There's a possibility that rental my 1'2 foot Sea Nymph with a 15 horsepower Honda motor.
There are 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The master bedroom has a fourposter queen bed, 1 bedroom have queen bed, and 3 bedroom has two twins. The Commercial stove for cooking, 1 wood fireplaces and gas fireplace/wood stove replica. The house is designed with an open plan for entertaining and watching the ocean and playing in the yard.
- 4000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 6-10
- 3 bedrooms. 2 queen & 2 twins. 2 pull out sofa if needed
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- 2 bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Ice Maker
- Pantry Items
- Dishes & Utensils
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Living Room seats 12
- Iron & Board
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Video Library
- DVD Player
Location & View
- Pier Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Climbing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hunting Small Game
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Basketball Court
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Cross Country Skiing
- Winery Tours
- Bird Watching
- Outlet Shopping
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Botanical Garden
- Recreation Center
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Whale Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Round Pond Harbor is a sleepy lobster and boating village on the coast of Maine. Watching the lobster men & boats working daily epitomizes the tranquility & beauty of the Maine coast. Round Pond is close to Pemaquid Point Light House and Pemaquid Beach, a long sandy beach for sun bathing & swimming. Round Pond village which is within walking distance offers the following: the Granite Hall Store (candy, ice cream & gifts; the charming Anchor Inn Restaurant which overlooks the harbor; the Muscongus Bay Lobster Pound where they will cook your lobster and you can eat on their deck with a beautiful view of the harbor; and the King Row General Store where Lorie and BJ have stocked their own unique wine, groceries, typical general store fare. People travel far to enjoy their outside concerts at King Row every Monday in addition to concerts at the “Little Brown Church.” You can take your boat or ride the ferry to Monhegan Island (a famous artist colony with miles of forested and ocean hiking trails). Maine Botanical Gardens in Boothbay is truly magnificent. There are many hiking possibilities at local preserves as well as in the Camden hills. Boating, fishing, sailing, and kayaking are all possible off the dock which is just a few feet from the house. There is a golf course 8 miles from the house. Many other restaurants and bars, wineries and breweries are within driving distance. And don't forget Freeport (LLBean and outlets). The area also has extensive antiquing and shopping possibilities. Most of our family and friends come to our home and simply want to stay and watch the sunsets, the seals, osprey's and the boats coming home to the harbor for the night. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Would like to have the 12' metal boat w/ honda motor rented for $1200,00. week. This is a place were having a boat you can go to the Islands for sanding beach, combing for shells & bird watching. Fishing. And head into the HARBOR OF "Round Pond Harbor" to have lobster's at" Muscugus Lobster Pound" or a finer dinning at Anchor Inn. Then a short walk to GinAte HILL for Ice cream.
Deposit direct to The First or check required.
1/2 to hold dates.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Portland International at 64 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Route 1 at 9 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Pemaquid Beach at 8 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Anchor Inn at 3 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Camden Bowl at 35 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Wawenock Country Club at 8 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Anchor Inn & Muscongus Bay Lobster at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 98
About the owner: I am a designer of commercial and residential properties. I have been designing for over 30 years. I lived in Dallas for 20 years. I was born in New England and summered in Maine my whole life. I feel very lucky to have been able to purchase this jewel on the water. The direction of my design was to replicate the Maine Cottage Design commonly spotted the Maine coast.
Why the Owner Chose Round Pond:
I have been coming here since childhood. My uncle owned the property for many years, but sold this parcel in the 70's. I fulfilled a lifelong dream when I was able to buy it back in the late 90's. It is rich in the history of Round Pond when the quarry provided granite for Grand Central Station, the Anderson Monument, and the like. The Donovan Family (my uncle) developed this magical spot from its humble beginnings as a quarry. They built a vacation wonder land on it. This property has seen many friends & family who still travel here from far away to be part of the splendid beauty that is unlike any other on this rocky coast.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The unique benefits of this house include the beauty of the light from walls of windows. The windows also highlight the incredible view of Muscongus Sound, Loud's Island, Hog Island, and the open ocean. My home also feels pristine, bright and clean. Every corner was decorated to have a sitting area from which to enjoy the incredible beauty of this special setting. And to be able to watch osprey's fishing from my front my lawn, lobster boats pulling their daily catch and the weekly sail boat races. My lobster man can deliver your dinner on the dock. If you have a boat you can take trips across the sound to Louds Island which has a wonderful sandy beach from which you can swim or you simply can picnic, sunbath, and beach comb. Some of my happiest moments have been when I've sat on my stone patio, watching kids play croquet on the lawn, fishing from the dock, volunteering some of the guests to cook the freshly delivered Maine lobsters. And if I'm really lucky they will also clean up. The real beauty of this home is the friends and family who share this place and who never want to leave. and, memories are made.
- Primary: 207-529-6599
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Jewel on the water.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, July 18, 2013
4 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.