New Mexico Pet Friendly House Near Wheeler Peak
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:1 night
- Pets considered:Ask Manager
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Eagle Nest chateau / country house description
Remodeled large western pet friendly home located conveniently between Eagle Nest and Red River in the high alpine Moreno Valley of the Sangre de Christos. Whole house standby generator for interrupted power even in storms. Hot tub porch, 45 minutes to Taos. Convenient to Eagle Nest Lake, Angelfire and Red River Ski areas. Private single family home with plenty of room to spread out and expansive views of Wheeler Peak and the Moreno Valley. Easy access from Hwy. 38 on private drive. Managed by Golden Eagle RV Park. All reservations are made through Golden Eagle RV Park.
- Chateau / Country House
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hunting Big Game
- Cross Country Skiing
- Equestrian Events
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Mountain Biking
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Medical Services
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
- Isolated but close to conveniences. Five minutes to the town of Eagle Nest with Restaurants, Gas and Shoppes as well as boating and fishing on Eagle Nest Lake a large man made reservoir. Red River is a Western Style Ski area with numerous hotel and restaurant properties as well as grocery and other stores and is perhaps 15 miles over Bob Cat Pass. From there it is an easy drive to Questa and Taos or turn North for a short trip to Valle Verde or Southern Colorado. Anglefire resort has golf course and ski area and is a larger planned residential resort between Eagle Nest and Taos Canyon featuring shopping and restaurants of all types. Head East from Eagle Nest to explore the great stocked trout streams of Cimmaron Canyon or the Haunted St. James Hotel in Cimmaron. This is Ted Turner country with large ranches (including Ted's) and explore the towns of Raton, Las Vegas and Springer on your way to Santa Fe via Interstate 25....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
There are discounts for longer periods of stay to be determined on a case by case basis.
1/2 in advance with 500 security. Balance 30 days before arrival or as arranged through Golden Eagle RV Park
Additional Fees and Taxes:
applicable New Mexico taxes apply. Additional fee for RV electrical hookup.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: ABQ at 140 Miles
- Nearest Train: Raton or Santa Fe at 70 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: State Hwy. 38 at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Eagle Nest Lake at 5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Eagle Nest has several at 5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Red River Ski Area at 18 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Angelfire Resort at 25 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Eagle Nest has several at 5 Miles
Year Purchased: 2007
About: I am a Real Estate Broker from Ocean City Maryland who grew up in the real estate and vacation rental business. My wife was a resort rental manager for many years. We have furnished this house with your comfort in mind.
Why Eagle Nest:
When prices in Ocean City got overheated we diversified and bought property in other recreational locations. We had visited Taos in the late 70's and remembered this area for its intrinsic beauty,skiing, art galleries and this valley in particular because of the Lake. We bought this house and completed it after the old owner left the area and failed to complete it. Beautiful viga construction, gorgeous views and wildlife abounds. So many recreational options.
The Unique Benefits at this Chateau / Country House:
Unique privacy yet close enough to restaurants and stores for convenience. Winter and Summer Sports within minutes of this location. Ideal family vacation rental for the skier/boarder, snow mobiler, fisherman, boater or outdoorsman. All Appliances and completely air conditioned which is a rarity in this area. Custom shower and Jacuzzi in master bath. Hot tub on covered porch with view of Wheeler Peak.
- Primary: +1 800-388-6188 Call from 9-9 Mountain time
- Secondary: +1 410-213-2055 Call from 9 to 9 Eastern
Links to more information:
View of Moreno Rose Home from Southeast. For more detailed photos follow links.
Master Bedroom King Bed
Game room sitting area and sleeper sofa
View of wheeler peak to the West
Kitchen and breakfast bar
Downstairs sitting area facing south
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, May 24, 2013