Romantic, Family Friendly, Log Cabin 20 Min. East of Golden
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Kicking Horse Mountain Resort cabin description
Our log cabin features a main floor with one closed bedroom with one queen bed with ample storage space. The remainder of the main floor is open concept. There is a fully equipped kitchen, (fridge, stove with oven, microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster and all the basic pots, pans, cups, cutlery etc.) as well there is a full bath (shower, toilet, sink) , and a sitting area with gas fireplace, t.V. (limited channels) double pull out sofa and chair. In the open loft area there are 2 twin beds, one queen bed, a soaker tub and a 1/2 bath (toilet and sink). At the front of the cabin there is a sitting area/deck which has a patio table, 4 chairs and a propane BBQ. We provide all the basic kitchen utensils/place settings/cooking items and linens. There is free 'dial up' wireless internet, and one phone line is available at the site managers unit for urgent purposes. There is no cell phone coverage in the area. There is a laundry service available for a fee.
The property has ample outdoor parking. There is a fire pit at the back of the property which can be enjoyed year round with firewood available for a fee. We have an on site manager which is provided to assist guests during regular business hours.
We are centrally located between lake Louise and golden, 20 minutes east or west, just off the trans Canada highway. Both tranquil tourist areas offer numerous activities, experiences and dining year round to keep you busy and active, catering to all tastes.
Our easily recognizable red roofs are quickly becoming the desired location for escaping to nature while remaining connect
(or disconnected!) to everyday life and comforts.
- 750 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Considered:
- Children Welcome:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Living Room seats 4
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain Biking
- Cross Country Skiing
- Rock Climbing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Mountain Climbing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Hunting Small Game
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hunting Big Game
- We are located at the intersection of Kicking Horse Road and Beaverfoot Road which is just off the Trans Canada Hwy #1 just outside the western boarder to Yoho Nat. Park. We are a short walk to the Kicking Horse River. Located in a 20 log cabin property, our location provides you all the pristine beauty of a protected national park, literally a stone's throw from our property to the east, and all the freedom to enjoy any wilderness activity from outside your front door. Extremely secluded, surrounded by forest, but just a short drive (20 minutes) to Golden, B.C. or Lake Louise resort areas. With all nature has to offer at your door step, winter activities include skiing, snowmobiling, hiking, snow shoeing, dog sledding to mention a few. Summer activities, to mention a few, include hiking, white water rafting, ATVing, and fishing. Numerous local activity providers can provide any experience from a tranquil nature walk to a thrilling rafting adventure down the kicking horse river...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Cabin is not available for rental between Dec 22 - January 3rd.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
All rates are subject to local taxes
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Calgary International Airport (YYC) at 252 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Trans Canada Highway #1 at 1 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Golden, British Columbia (multiple options) at 25 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Kicking Horse Mountain Resort at 35 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Golden Golf and Country Club at 25 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Golden, British Columbia (multiple options) at 25 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2002
About: Born in Calgary and having lived in Banff for the last 15 years we are fanatics about the mountains and all the year round activities they have to offer. We have chosen to raise our family in the area to ensure we are exposed to all the healthiness and pleasures the Canadian Rockies have to offer.
Why Kicking Horse Mountain Resort:
We purchased this property due to our love of the area, the natural setting and its tranquil location. The property is extremely secluded with no cell service so we can 'unplug' from the daily grind while still remaining as connected as we wish to be. Within minutes, there are loads of activities any time during the year and you can immerse yourself in nature by walking 30 seconds from your front porch. We load up on groceries in Golden then 'check out' of the daily grind.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
The magic of the mountains is all that needs to be said. It is hard to describe but once you have experienced it, you will understand. The log cabin is extremely comfortable, spacious yet cozy and well maintained. We invite you to experience this once in a life time feeling, far removed from it all yet so close to all the modern necessities.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Exterior of the log cabin
Exterior, Chancellor Peak in the distance
Main floor bedroom with queen bed
Mainfloor bathroom with shower, toilet and sink area
Entrance, sitting area and gas fireplace from staircase.
Open loft area with 2 single and 1 queen bed, 1/2 bath and soaker tub
1/2 bath in open loft area
Exterior of our unit and a few neighbouring units
Exterior, Chancellor Peak in the distance
Arial view of our lovely complex
Full kitchen, bedroom through door on the left, bathroom through door in centre
Exterior, a few of our neighbours units
Sitting Area and staircase to loft area
Mainfloor bathroom shower area
Open loft area with 2 single and one queen bed, 1/2 bath and soaker tub
Exterior of the front of the property
Deck off the front of the unit with patio table, chairs and propane BBQ
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, May 24, 2013
1 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.