Quaint Townhouse in Downtown Golden, Co 'Where the West Lives'
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Golden townhome description
Built in 1985, this fully refurbished, charming 860 square foot, 2 bedroom, 1 - 1/2 bath town house is located in the historic 9th street neighborhood immediately adjacent to the Golden Recreation Center. This fully furnished unit is ideal for a short-term tenant such as a visiting professor at CSM or an executive needing a more home-like atmosphere than a hotel room when staying for more than a few days. Includes all utilities plus cable tv and wireless internet. Conveniently located within walking distance to downtown, the csm campus and MillerCoors, this unit offers the best possible situation for your home away from home.
Master bedroom - 1 queen
Guest bedroom - 2 twins (trundle bed)
Brand new hardwood floors, cabinets, appliances quartz counter tops.
Flat screen lcd tv, washer & dryer wi-fi.
Quiet community back yard, and large family park across the street.
- 860 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Washing Machine:
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
Location & View
- Car Not Necessary
- Whitewater Rafting
- Water Tubing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Basketball Court
- Rock Climbing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Live Theater
- Gambling Casinos
- Bird Watching
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Golden: Golden is uniquely situated at the western extremity of the Denver metro area, yet separated from the city and its suburban neighbors by North and South Table Mountains. This geographic separation creates a truly small town atmosphere, yet provides all the conveniences a big city provides. The charming and vibrant downtown is complete with Art Galleries, shops with local fare, and dining with everything from deli sandwiches, wine bar, Thai and fine Mediterranean cuisine. Transportation: Only 40 minuets from one of the largest airports in the country, access by air is outstanding. Further, 4 major highways intersect in Golden making access to all areas of Denver and Boulder a breeze. Golden is also within an hour and a half of several major ski resorts including Loveland, Copper Mountain and Breckenridge, making day trips to the slopes within reach. Beginning in April 2013, the new Denver Light Rail begins service from the Golden terminus to downtown Denver, and connections beyond. Take a trip into the city for a Rockies or Avalanche game, or simply to enjoy shopping or dining in a truly cosmopolitan city, while leaving your car at home. Recreation: Immediately adjacent to the Golden Recreation Center. One block to the Clear Creek Whitewater Park, Colorado's first engineered kayak course. Four miles to Fossil Trace Golf Club, rated in the top ten public courses in the US. One-half mile to Hang-Gliding & Paragliding off of Lookout Mountain. Forty-Nine miles to Loveland Ski Resort. Copper Mountain, Breckenridge, Keystone and Copper Mountian are also within a 1-1/2 hour drive. Numerous parks, hiking and biking trails, lakes creeks, fishing and hunting within walking distance or a short drive. Museums: Two blocks to the Golden Library, the Golden History Museum and Clear Creek History Park. Four blocks to the Bradford Washburn American Mountaineering Museum. Six blocks to the Astor House Museum and the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum. Three-quarters of a mile to the Foothills Art Center and The Colorado School of Mines Geology Museum. Two miles to the Colorado Railroad Museum. Eleven Miles to Buffalo Bill Museum & Grave. Attractions: Three-quarters of a mile to the Coors Brewery Tours. One-half mile to a very quaint downtown shopping district complete with art galleries, regional artifacts, coffee shops, casual and fine dining. One-half mile walking distance to the heart of the the Colorado School of Mines campus. Shopping: Downtown Golden - Numerous unique shops. Grocery - Safeway 1 mile, King Soopers 3 miles. Mall - Colorado Mills (over 200 stores) 6 miles. Personal Favorite Restaurants (all within walking distance) Briarwood Inn - 2 Blocks Bridgewater Grill - 4 Blocks Grappa Mediterranean Bistro - 4 Blocks Indulge - 6 Blocks Blue Canyon Grill - 6 Blocks Windy City Cafe - 6 Blocks...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
I work in the hotel/hospitality industry and as a former QA Inspector I have high expectations for any vacation rental or hotel I stay at. After arriving in Golden and at the condo after 10 hours of flight delays and car rental problems I was grateful to see the descriptions and pictures of this condo were accurate – in fact we quickly determined the condo’s appearance and amenities exceeded our expectations and was even more comfortable (and clean) than the pictures portrayed. Central air conditioning would have been a nice perk but fans were provided and the condo temperature still stayed comfortable even though we arrived during the hottest weekend of the year. All communication with the owner were specific and any questions I had were promptly addressed and answered by the owner – and the deposit refund was promptly refunded (I received within 4 days of my departure). Overall I would highly recommend this location and would stay there again if I am ever in the Denver/Golden area.
- Guest Joyce D.
- Date of stay 06/13/13
- Review Submitted 07/01/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, age 55+, sightseeing, girls getaway.
Mines Move In
Mines Move In
We Love the Golden area & plan a visit several times each year . This time while we moved our daughter back to campus. We always stay in VRBO or Home Away properties when we travel. This duplex was as described & the perfect home base during our stay with a great kitchen, washer/dryer. TV/internet & a short walk to clear creek to tube the river or just go for a nice bike ride or walk. Best of all it was only a few minutes from Mines campus. Golden has great dining, nearby hiking @ Lookout Mtn & North or South Table. Overall a great place to stay while in town. Only things I would change- a window or inexpensive air conditioning unit for the bedrooms. Our visit was during some of the hottest days of the year so even with the fans we were a little warm, my fault, I didn't notice no air conditioning in the listing. Also, the crew across the street started working on the house across the street before 7 am which was hard to ignore with the windows open to keep cool.
- Guest Transplanted Texan (Rockwall, TX)
- Date of stay 08/17/13
- Review Submitted 09/02/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, adventure seekers, girls getaway.
Clean, well-appointed unit in tourist friendly neighborhood close to restaurants, Clear Creek, parks, walking trails, museums and Colorado School of Mines. Great location for easy access to Denver, Boulder and Rocky Mountain tourism sites. Great place to relax and enjoy a slower pace of life. Owner was helpful and responsive.
- Guest John S.
- Date of stay 07/23/13
- Review Submitted 08/02/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, age 55+, sightseeing, adventure seekers.
Family traveling for softball
Family traveling for softball
This property has the best location!! We could walk to amazing downtown Golden. We had a park across the street as well as a creek with a walkway that you could follow all the way to town. We were a few houses away from a community pool that boasts a rock wall along with a kiddie pool, Olympic pool, diving board, sauna. Ect... The owners were extremely helpful & we received our damage deposit back two days after we for home. Very efficient & professional. I would highly recommend this property for all types of travelers. We had children with us & we were very comfortable. There is just so much to do within walking distance, including the Coors brewery tour.
- Guest kim (Arlington, Wa.)
- Date of stay 06/29/13
- Review Submitted 07/13/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with teenagers, age 55+, families with young children, sightseeing, adventure seekers, girls getaway.
The stay at this property was very enjoyable. The area is nicely situated, walking distance to downtown, park area and hiking. Was an enjoyable experience. Only down side was noise from across the street construction.
- Guest Joseph P.
- Date of stay 05/15/13
- Review Submitted 05/23/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with teenagers, age 55+, families with young children, sightseeing, adventure seekers, tourists without a car.
Beautiful Golden Colorado!
Beautiful Golden Colorado!
Great price for a neat place. The townhouse was very nice and well stocked. Very accurate listing. Loved the kitchen! WiFi worked great as well as the ceiling heat I had never seen before. We only needed to turn the heat on once, as we had lovely weather. Was within walking distance to downtown Golden, thru a lovely park. Also, 1/2 a block away was a nice park with a playground. Parking was ok on the street when construction vehicles were not blocking things. The owner was easily accessible by text and the locks were easy to use. Would have liked to know that there was construction going on directly across the street, 6 days a week starting at 0700! That put an end to sleeping late or taking the naps my elderly mother needed.
- Guest Virginia Travleers (Harrisonburg, Virginia)
- Date of stay 03/28/13
- Review Submitted 04/06/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with young children, sightseeing, girls getaway.
Wonderful little town home
Wonderful little town home
We didn't know this home was so close to a park so that was a bonus for us. We have 2 kids and getting out was necessary! It was a little small for having 2 kids but they could still play a little bit inside we just needed to plan ahead on having help with cooking or laundry to keep them busy. Sleeping was awesome and we really loved the look of this home! The only thing that was really difficult was it took some learning on how to operate the oven and stove and at night it was a little cold and we didn't know where the thermostat was so those instructions would've helped. Otherwise it was awesome!! Spotless upon arrival and well stocked with what we would need. Thank you and we will stay here again if in the area and needing a place!!
- Guest Katie (Manhattan, KS)
- Date of stay 03/16/13
- Review Submitted 03/19/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, age 55+, sightseeing, adventure seekers, girls getaway, tourists without a car.
A Home Away From Home
A Home Away From Home
Our family enjoyed a wonderful stay at the Golden townhouse. It was clean, well-lit, and comfortably warm after a snowy day. There was plenty of room for the 3 of us, with space enough for one more. We made use of the many amenities in the kitchen as well as wi-fi and TV. The neighborhood was extremely quiet and peaceful. The School of Mines is just a short walking distance away as is the downtown shopping areas. The owner shopped for a few grocery items requested ahead of time which was so convenient as we settled in. He answered any questions via text quickly and helpfully. We will definitely come back and stay here again. It's a lovely home to come "home" to!
- Guest Cara N.
- Date of stay 02/07/13
- Review Submitted 02/15/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with teenagers, age 55+, sightseeing, adventure seekers, girls getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Monthly rates are available, however, this property is for short term or temporary rental only. It is not intended as a long term permanent residence.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $200
- Tax Rate 7.5%
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Denver International Airport at 35 Miles
- Nearest Train: Denver Light Rail at 3 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: CO 58 at 0.4 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Grapa at 0.4 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Loveland at 49 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Fossil Trace Golf Club at 4 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Grappa Mediterranean Bistro at 0.4 Miles
Year Purchased: 1984
About the owner: Original owner - extremely well maintained - recently refurbished.
Why the Owner Chose Golden:
Conveniently located to all that Golden has to offer.
The Unique Benefits at this Townhome:
Fully furnished, charming historic neighborhood. NON-SMOKING!
- Primary: + 303-808-8060
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front view of Townhouse. Quiet Neighborhood in Historic District
Living Room with Desk and TV
Radiant Ceiling Heat Creates Perfectly Even and Consistent Heat
Built in Stackable Washer and Dryer
Great Natural Light
New Toilets, Quartz Coutertops and Custom Cabinets
Tubing on Clear Creek in the Summer
Diesel Engine at the Colorado Railroad Museum
Buffalo Bill Days
Colorado School of Mines
Back View of Townhouse. Great Community Backyard
Comfortable Sitting Area with Lots of Ambient Light
Beautiful Quartz Countertops with Custom Cabinets and New Appliances
Queen Sized Bed in Master Bedroom
Spare Bedroom has 2 Twin Beds (Trundle)
Kayaking on Clear Creek through Downtown Golden
Steam Locomotive at the Colorado Railroad Museum
Rock Climbing on North Table Mountain in Golden
Foothills Art Center
Coors Brewery Tours
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, August 19, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!