Great Location! Mid-Century Modern Home in a Quiet Neighborhood
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Private Homes house description
Serene and secluded, this semi-custom home is nestled amongst majestic palm trees and mountain vistas. Clean, crisp interiors that seamlessly flow into gracious outdoor living.
The fountain in back soothes as it melds with the outdoor space. The gardens are an entertainers delight, boasting functional seating, and outdoor dining for those backyard BBQ's. This special hideaway offers room for croquet, badminton or volleyball, horseshoes and bocce ball, amidst almost a half acre of land. Private and spacious master bedroom with cal king bed has a lounging area, and personal bath. Located off the foyer, the fourth bedroom transitions into a den/office with skylight, and shines with ebony bamboo wood flooring. Open living and dining rooms are comfortable and chic. A focal point, the newly renovated fireplace with custom sculpture. A cozy media room with large flat screen TV has a sofa sectional for your screening comfort. The guest bath hybrids vintage with modern for an edgy mix that's eco efficient. The ample guest bedroom has lots of natural light. A roomy cooks kitchen with island has a built-in desk, and all new appliances. New Carpet, window treatments, and fresh paint throughout delight. 2 car garage with remote opener has new paint, textured floor, and laundry area with sink and storage. As an added bonus there is room for RV, jet skis, desert vehicles and golf cart. This is a one of a kind property!
- 1800 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Limited Accessibility:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Ice Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided:
- Air Conditioning:
- Location! Location! Location! Zen Tierra in Rancho Mirage has something for everybody! Whether you are interested in a quiet getaway with lots of privacy, or social activity, this home is accessible to an assortment of fine dining options. Exclusive 'El Paseo' shopping is five minutes away. 'The River' shopping, dining and cinema venue is less than a mile. Agua Caliente Casino is down the road. Main attractions, events, outlet mall shopping, theatre, spas and hot springs are all located within 20 minutes of this unique property. Fun! Fun! Fun! ...moreless
Pool & Spa
- Heated Pool
- Lawn / Garden:
- Deck / Patio
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Mountain Biking
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Gambling Casinos
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Live Theater
- Special Desert Community Events: January~ Palm Springs Kennel Club Dog Show- Empire Kennel Club The Palm Springs International Film Festiva HITS Desert Circuit Horse Show Southwest Arts Festival- Empire Polo Club Annual Hall of Fame Golf Tournament February~ Tour de Palm Springs Bike Event Modernism Week Palm Springs Fine Art Fair Celebrity Invitational McCormick's Palm Springs Collector Car Auctions Desert Classic Concourse d'Elegance March~ BNP Paribas Open- Tennis Tournament La Quinta Arts Festival Food and Wine Festival Follies Bergere El Paseo Fashion Week in Pal Desert April~ Kraft Nabisco Golf Championship American Documentary Film Festival Indian Wells Arts Festival Coachella Music & Arts Festival (two weeks) Stagecoach Country Music Festival May~ Arthur Lyons Film Noir Festival Palm Springs Smooth Jazz Festival Palm Springs Desert Resorts Restaurant Week June~ Palm Springs Desert Resorts Restaurant Week AM/FM Film Festival- Mary Pickford Theatre and others Palm Springs International ShortFest July~ 4th of July Firework and Festivals throughout the Valley August~ Idyllwild Jazz in the Pines September~ Cinema Diverse- Gay and Lesbian Film Festival October~ Open- NBA Basketball Game Indian Wells Tennis Gardens American Heat- Palm Springs Motorcycle Weekend Palm Springs Tram Road Challenge- 6K November~ The Fabulous Palm Springs Follies- Season Kick-off Air Show Rancho Mirage Art Affaire McCormick's Palm Springs Collector Car Auctions Wildlights Holiday Festival at the Living Desert- Zoo December~ Palm Springs Festival of Lights Parade Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony- Top of the Tram Annual Dennis James Golf Classic Dinner & Tournament Special Attractions: Sunnylands Annenberg Estate- Tours by Appt. The Living Desert- Zoo El Paseo- The Rodeo Drive of the Desert...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
My friends and I come to Indian Wells every year to play and watch tennis, this year we rented a house instead of renting a condo. We are glad we did, we would recommend this house to one and all and would rent it again. It is very clean and the decorating is fun and eclectic. The owners are helpful and a joy to deal with. We would not recommend this place to small children as it is not toddler proof. The back patio is a great place to relax in the AM or PM and the kitchen is well equipped. The den is nicely set up for TV and movies. Very close to the River shopping and all that we wanted to do.
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 03/08/13
- Review Submitted 03/20/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, age 55+, girls getaway, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
Owner response: Thank you Stephen for your lovely review; you were fantastic guests. We were happy you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to you visiting Zen Tierra again.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Nov 1 - Apr 30
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
Rental Dates are blocked out once payment has bee received and processed.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning: $125
- Property Damage Protection: $69
- Tax Rate 10%
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Palm Springs International at 5 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Interstate 10 at 4 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Yardhouse at 1 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Big Bear Lake at 100 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Gary Player Golfcourse at The Westin Rancho Mirage at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Dining & Shopping at The River: Cheesecake Factory at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: My husband is a native Californian and I'm originally from the midwest. We have called So. Calif. home for decades. Our family loves to travel, though there is something very special about the sunshine and warmth that epitomizes Southern California. The year around warmth and desert vistas are energizing!
Why the Owner Chose Private Homes:
The desert is beautiful all year around, and the valley is alive with constant activities to suit all. The architecture and desert landscape have always been a favorite. Alas, owning a Mid-Century Modern home was this Interior Designer's Dream! The property's private location, yet accessibility to all the hot spots are amazing!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Zen Tierra's architecture and curb appeal are instantly striking. This property stands out from all the rest! Nearly a half an acre of lovely land, this home offers space, mountain views, citrus and palm trees, and lots of privacy! Zen Tierra is serene.
- Primary: (949) 510.0533 9am.-9pm., Monday. thru Sunday
- Secondary: + 8am.-8pm.
- Fax: +1 (949) 481-9410
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
An Oasis in Rancho Mirage!
The Office/Den nicely located off the foyer
Kitchen chalkboard wall for menus, grocery lists, itineraries...
Zen Tierra's backyard oasis!
The home office is a great space for handling a little business or writing!
A Spacious Cooks Kitchen!
Master Bedroom Lounge
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Saturday, November 30, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!