Luxurious, Private, Inviting Lakefront Home on Birch Lake
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Hackensack house description
Unique, spacious, open floor plan home, sleeps 4-6 comfortably, custom hardwood floors in the vast living and dining areas, vaulted and soaring ceilings, carpeted and QUIET sleeping areas. Central heat and air for your comfort. The lake, which is just steps from the walkout lower level patio or upper expansive wood deck that runs the entire length of the home, and is always what you see when you are in the home looking out through the home's 50 feet of entire wall of sliding glass door windows for your panoramic lakefront views and vistas from every room. It will take your breath away~the view is better than picture perfect and absolutely stunning! Amenities for your comfort and convenience in the home, include a larger than life walk in master closet complete with chandelier,(15'x12') and master suite bedroom (25'x30'), en suite His and Hers master bathroom retreats with jetted Jacuzzi whirlpool tub and seperate glass shower, dual seperate vanities and toilets in the Master Suite, each bedroom/sleeping area has its own private and complete bathrooms, (4 bathrooms), with access to upper deck or lower from each bedroom, or shaded concrete patio and grassy lawn area. Custom kitchen with all built in name brand appliances, including indoor grill. Intercom and music system throughout the home (yes, it's that big!) Easily communicate with your family or friends in the home's lower level.
Paved and concrete driveways to upper and lower garages with automatic openers, extensive concrete patios to enjoy outdoor dining or play activities, firepit, this home also offers easy access for wheelchairs or walkers, and pull right up to the front of the home for ease of unloading suitcases, groceries, etc. for your stay for either upper or lower levels of the home. Ample room to park your water toys, boat, pontoon, etc..in between putting them in or out of the water when you arrive or are leaving, and plenty of space to park your vehicles on the paved or concrete drive areas too! Home is on a dead end road with very few (one or two) year round residents. Privacy with convenience and luxury await your stay in this private family residence steps from beautiful Birch Lake!
- 3200 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Wide doors, open bathroom concept, single level living is available, drive up to front door entry NO STEPS, huge concrete outdoor front patio to enjoy the outdoors, paved parking~easy wheelchair access to both upper and lower levels of the home...moreless
- Non Smoking Only:
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- All bedrooms have extra large sliding glass doors with views and direct access to their outdoor patios or decks, all bedrooms have their own private bathrooms. QUIET home in the woods and on the water for that completely RESTFUL and REJUVENATED nights sleep~no barking dogs around, you can hear the birds sing in the morning, the loons call at dusk, and the fish jumping in the water, listen to the leaves rustle in the gentle breeze. Watch for 'our' doe with twin fawns graze in the evening on the front lawn grasses, catch a glimpse of the neighborhood red fox, or watch the mallards swim by, listen to the fish jump in the water, or hear the cry of the Minnesota State bird~the loon, and watch for them to paddle by. ...moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- All showers are easy access walk ins~no 'step over Tub combo showers'. All showers are SEPERATE stand alone units. Very well lit and ULTRA CLEAN bathrooms. All bathrooms have large countertop vanities and storage cabinets/drawers for your personnel belongings. EXTREMELY CLEAN and top of the line bathroom fixtures....moreless
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Air Conditioning:
- Private year round home on dead end street. Most residents on street are seasonal. You feel like you are the only ones in the area, it is so private, yet so convenient to all of Hackensack and the area's amenities and attractions. Easy walk or bike to town if you don't want to drive, or take your boat! Walk or bike to the Paul Bunyan Trail from the house, in a couple minutes. Five minutes to the movie theater. Five minutes or less 'to town'. But yet, out of the city limits in a country, lakefront setting....moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player
Deck / Patio:
upper deck is full length of the house, commanding lake view, access from house or lawn, lower concrete shaded patio w/gorgeous lakeviews,firepit,front of the house has HUGE concrete patio area,...moreless
- Lawn / Garden:
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Pier Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Hunting Small Game
- Water Tubing
- Roller Blading
- Freshwater Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Hunting Big Game
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Basketball Court
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Fitness Center
- Bird Watching
- Recreation Center
- Scenic Drives
- Gambling Casinos
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Eco Tourism
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Hackensack is a quaint little town on the shores of beautiful Birch Lake in the heart of Minnesota lakes, with 127 lakes within a ten-mile radius of town. Offering unique shopping, dining---from American fare to Thai, wonderful home town bakery, visit Deep Portage Wildlife Conservation and Learning Center, four screen movie theater, largest flea market in northern Minnesota, kids weekly fishing contest, North Woods Art Council Festivals, Leech Lake Brewery, celebrate Hackensack's 'Fall Has It All' event Sept 19 to Oct 5, 2013, and see the color and beauty of our Fall season, marvel at our Chain Saw Sculpting Contest and Auction, Sept 28 to Sept 30,2013, Paul Bunyan hiking and biking trail 2/10's of mile from this lake rental, casino gaming/dining/entertainment, and keeping watch over it all is Paul Bunyan's Sweetheart, Lucette Diana Kensack. She is celebrated in summer on Sweetheart Days and in winter on 'Back to Hackensack' days, swim, golf, tennis, boat, canoe, fish, waterski, snowski, hike, bicycle the Paul Bunyan Trail, hunting, enjoy all of everything that northern Minnesota offers recreationally. RELAX and UNWIND in the pure, fresh northern air, and re-connect with yourself and your family away from the rush of everyday life. You've earned it, reward and pamper yourself and your family and friends in this CLEAN and custom crafted and appointed NorthWoods Minnesota private family lakehome now available for YOUR family to enjoy all its amenities and prime, private lakefront location. Convenient to Hackensack by easy, short stroll, bike ride if you don't feel like driving the car! This home's LOCATION is central to five other fun northern Minnesota towns to shop, dine, explore and visit~all within 15 minutes or less....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
weekend retreatGuest comment entered by owner
Gorgeous home with spectacular lake views and such a private, peaceful setting. Walking distance to town and all it's restaraunts and shops and the movie theatre was a 1/4 mile away. Looking forward to a return visit soon !
- Guest Patty
- Date of stay 06/01/13
- Review Submitted 06/04/13
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
$49 non refundable property damage protection
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Taxes Included
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Bemidji,Brainerd,Backus,Walker,Longville at 10 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy 371 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Birch Lake at 1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Hackensack at 1 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Birch Lake at 1 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Tianna Country Club at 13 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Hackensack at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 1989
About the owner: I was born in Minneapolis MN and moved to Hackensack during my 5th year of school, I graduated from the then Hackensack High School, did college, married my high school sweetheart after his return from the army. We built our home here and raised our 4 daughters here. I have many fond memories of our family, friends and lives here, and the many changes thru the yearsl
Why the Owner Chose Hackensack:
Why stay in a 'cabin'~ when you can stay in a 'Mansion' and indulge yourself! This home is the 'ultimate upgrade' for vacationing! Private residence of prominent, longtime local family never before offered to the vacationing community. Home and grounds are very well maintained and CLEAN for your stressfree and everything works enjoyment! the Experience the Minnesota northwoods and lake country in this executive estate lakefront home. Convenient to Hackensack, walking distance to town or Paul Bunyan Trail, yet incredibly private on dead end road. Commanding view of entire bay area of Birch Lake~with sand beach, the home's own private harbor and boat slip. Vacation in splendor~no 'roughing it' necessary~enjoy all that this home has to offer with its breathtaking scenery of the lake and surrounding woods, and beautiful Birch Lake itself!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Lcation, location, location Private No full time neighbors Private harbor and boat slip Private sand beach Private sand bottom swimming bay area 223+ feet of your private lakeshore to enjoy Quiet, dead end road No barking dogs! Home is right on Birch Lake, on an acreage~it's not 'just a lake lot'. Plenty of room inside and out for the kids to run and play and explore and still be on this home's property Conveniently and centrally located in the heart of lakecountry
- Primary: + 612-251-6315
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Great southernly exposure overlooking beautiful Birch Lake, MN. All glass doors!
Bedroom overlooking beautiful Birch Lake with upper deck access thru patio doors
Custom Oak Cabinets and beautiful hand laid floor!
Shower/washer/dryer (mirrored doors) on right looking into walk in master closet
Private harbor and boat slips available.
Hers Master Bathroom with jetted tub and neo-angle shower...His bath off to left
Fully equipped modern kitchen, custom cabinets, built in grill/cooktop
Sliding patio doors with access to upper deck/facing Birch Lake
Spacious Master Bedroom
Great Room with full glass overlooking Birch Lake off of beautiful full deck
His Master Retreat off of Her Master Bathroom.
Access to home from upper level driveway, garage on right.
Great Room to upper patio area with garage to the left and guest bath.
Clear hard sandy bottom lake with private harbor/dock/boat slip available
Winter Wonderland....Birch Lake Hackensack, MN
His and Hers Master Bathroom Retreats with jetted tub and neo-angle shower.
Lower level bathroom with walk in shower.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, October 07, 2013
3 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.