Ski, Rock Climb, Fish, Relax in Hot Tub with View
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Squamish house description
Tucked into the Smoke Bluff foothills of the Vancouver Coast Mountain range, View Place overlooks the beautiful Howe Sound. Hiking trails and famous rock-climbing walls are within minutes away. Lake, stream and river fishing to challenge and reward all levels. Golf courses close by. Great access to Whistler skiing or Vancouver museums or nightlife. Onsite tenant - lower level...separate entrance.
- 1700 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 7
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Pantry Items
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Wood Stove
- Washing Machine
- Living Room seats 6
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Garden Chairs:
- Lawn / Garden
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
Location & View
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Mountain Climbing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Recreation Center
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Rock Climbing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Cross Country Skiing
- Squamish is situated halfway between Vancouver and Whistler, a 45 minute drive to either destination. View Place Vacation Home is tucked into the Smoke Bluff foothills above the town of Squamish. The view looks out to the magnificent estuary of the Howe Sound which is fed by the Squamish and Mamquam rivers. From the living room one can see The Stawamus Chief, famous among rock climbers. Mountain bikers like to test their 'metal' on the numerous and challenging bike courses in the foothill forests of Squamish. River and sea kayakers have endless opportunities to enjoy their sport here with the Ashlu and Elaho rivers offering challenging courses or gliding along the quieter waters of the Howe Sound in early morning. Salmon, trout and steelhead can be fished in the rivers and streams only minutes away from the home. For those with a thrill for high action sport, a trip to the world class windsurfing 'spit' on the Squamish waterfront is a must. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This place was amazing. we stayed their for 7 days and had a blast. We will definitely be back to stay at their next year. the View was priceless..
- Guest Cyle (San Clemente, CA)
- Date of stay 05/13/13
- Review Submitted 05/28/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, tourists without a car, families with young children, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+.
We used is as a home base for our team during a major competition at WOP. It was really nice to have a place to gather for home cooked meals in Home style environment; not all of the team was able to sty there because of numbers. The home was clean and well looked after. The electronics are new and we were able to use them to review video form the competitions. Sitting in the Hot tube at the end of the day and looking out over Squamish was really nice. The Owners were really easy to deal with and accommodating. I would recommend this experience to anyone. Thanks Paul!
- Guest Adam (Kelowna)
- Date of stay 03/21/13
- Review Submitted 05/28/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway, romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+.
Owner response: Living close to Whistler as well as being a hub for outdoor sports here in Squamish we feel very lucky to host the athletes that find their way to our home. Thank you and the team for choosing ViewPlace. Wei hope to see you next year!
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
Oct 15 - May 15
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
50% down and signed rental agreement.
Balance and security deposit due 3 months ahead of checkin.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
Cleaning fee and tax included.
Security deposit $400 - fully refundable if no damage per rental agreement.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: YVR at 100 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2002
About the owner: My wife, Susan, and I are semi-retired from our former careers of garden design and engineering. We garden organically and invite guests to enjoy some of the produce, jams, chutneys, or herbs from our garden. I am an avid mountaineer and summit peaks around the world. I have climbed the face of the Chief and often rent ViewPlace to other climbers wishing to do the same.
Why the Owner Chose Squamish:
No better place to locate oneself if the goal is to get outside and be active!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Views from the home an hot tub are great!
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
ViewPlace in summer
Living room with view windows
Hot tub with patio
Sunset from living room
Kayaking the Howe Sound
Mamquam mountain - a nearby view of it
Dining room and kitchen
Queen sofa bed
Hot tub with The Chief in background - a challenging rock climbing wall.
Organic garden with Howe Sound and Coast Mountains in background
ViewPlace in winter
A walk in the nearby Blind Channel estuary
Garibaldi Mountain from downtown Squamish
Paul and Susan hiking the Garibaldi meadows
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Saturday, July 20, 2013