Freshly Renovated 4BR Contemp. Farmhouse Minutes to Gb Center
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets allowed:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Your search is over. Renovations just completed in January, 2013 on a luxurious Contemporary Farmhouse located 4 minutes from downtown Great Barrington. Surrounded by 7 private, park-like acres. Hollywood level screening room with 10x6 Foot screen Surround Sound, Stunning, oversized windowed Chef's kitchen featuring all the bells & whistles cooks crave including stainless appliances and granite counters. There is a sun porch, outdoor deck with a new, oversized hot tub, plus a finished basement with a ping pong table and so much more:
• Stately, architecturally designed chef’s kitchen
• Six burner Viking stove with warming lights,
• Stainless steel appliances, Black granite counters, abundant prep space, tons of cabinets and a 10 foot long center island that seats six and allows you to entertain your guests while whipping up gourmet meals.
• Expansive great room has a spacious dining area with farmhouse table that seats up to 10 people.
• Living room area boasts a grand, double-height wood ceiling, a majestic, 18 foot tall stone fireplace, 2 huge comfortable couches, and an Essex upright piano.
Brand New Finished Basement:
• Hollywood level screening room with 10x6 foot projection screen, BluRay/DVD Player. Cable,3-D movies, internet access and Netflix.
• Ping pong room and a separate Stretching/exercise area.
Master Bedroom wing on Main Floor:
• King Bed, Soaring, pitched wooden ceiling, massive walk in closet,
• 50 inch wall mounted Sony flat-screen TV.
• Gut-renovated, master bathroom with 6 foot wide double vanity, high-end shower with a state of the art steam shower unit and granite bench. Also included is a large, traditional soaking tub.
Guest Bedroom on Main Floor:
• Full size bed and wall mounted flat screen TV. Guest bathroom fully renovated.
Second Floor Bedrooms:
Second floor leads to has a peaceful, light drenched reading/gaming area filled with books for kids and adults.
• Second floor master bedroom with a Queen sized bed delightful dormer window and sitting bench.
• Large bathroom has a tub shower combo with linen closet.
• Kid's bedroom with whimsical colors and massive wooden bunkbed (One full and one twin mattress) with built in drawers and a pull out trundle with twin mattress. Includes a large stand- alone dresser. Bathroom also has a combo tub shower and linen closet.
4 minutes to Great Barrington
10 Minutes to Catamount Adventure Park
15 Minutes to Stockbridge
25 Minutes to Tanglewood
2.5 Hours to NYC
2.5 Hours to Boston
- 3 story
- 4200 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 9-10
- Master Bedroom
- 1 king
- On Main floor-Includes Huge Walk In Closet
- Guest Bedroom
- 1 double
- On Main Floor
- Second Floor Master
- 1 queen
- Large Bathroom with Linen Closet-Dormer Window and Seat
- Kids Room-Second Floor
- 2 twin/ single, 1 bunk bed
- Includes Bunk Bed with 1 Full/Twin/Twin Trundle
- 4.0 Bathrooms
- Master Bathroom
- toilet, tub, shower
- Gut renovated Master-6 Ft Double Vanity, Steam Shower, Tub
- Second Floor Master
- toilet, combination tub/shower
- Large Bathroom, Linen Closet, Shower/Tub combo
- Kids Room Bathroom
- toilet, combination tub/shower
- Spacious Bathroom, Linen Closet, Large Vanity
- Guest Bathroom
- toilet, shower
- Main Floor, Custom Shower, Recessed Cabinet
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Living Room seats 8:
- Air Conditioning:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Towels Provided
House has Everything you could ever want in a summer rental. 4,200 well designed square feet allows you to hang out together as a family or have the kids watch a movie while you sip some wine with your friends in the spacious sun porch featuring a wall of slider windows with screens. And you are just minutes away from downtown Great Barrington with its great restaurants, fun activities and shopping....morecollapse
- Music Library:
- Video Library:
- Game Room:
Pool & Spa
- Lawn / Garden:
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Botanical Garden
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Ski Lift Privileges
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Cross Country Skiing
- Massage Therapist
- Recreation Center
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Bird Watching
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Rock Climbing
ReviewsWrite a review
A Dream Come True!
A Dream Come True!
Wow! This amazing property and spectacular hosts are like a dream come true! Luxurious, immaculate, comfortable and with every possible amenity you could desire, Rachel and Russ made me feel right at home. This farmhouse is exactly as pictured, fantastically located, and private. Perfect for families or a romantic getaway, there is plenty of space! The beds are so comfortable and each room has it's own charm. The screening room is such a treat and the gourmet kitchen a pleasure for those who love to cook. If you prefer dining out there are many wonderful restaurants just a few minutes away. John Andrews, The Old Mill, (for fine dining) Martin's for breakfast, and many many more. Eating in is a pleasure too! Rachel answered all my shopping questions and told me where to get the best fruits and veggies, gourmet treats and fine wine. Russ directed me to the best bike and hike trails and explained everything I would need to know about the house. Both were easily accessible and when I needed advice on finding a pharmacy they were just a phone call away. Such nice people! Great Barrington is a lovely town, art and culture, and great shopping too! I loved this trip and plan on staying here often in the future. Tanglewood this summer and skiing this winter for sure, I can't wait to come back! Highly recommended, you are going to love it!
- Guest Beth
- Date of stay 04/26/13
- Review Submitted 05/03/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, adventure seekers, age 55+, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, families with young children, girls getaway.
Owner response: Thank you much for your lovely comments about your stay at our home. We are so glad you enjoyed our home as much as we do!!
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
If you book June, July and August, we will drop the monthly rate to $15k per month from $18k per month, plus we will include Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends at no extra charge. $300 Cleaning fee per month will provide guests with 2x per month professional cleaning service.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $250
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Taxes Not included
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway's most secure form of payment.
HomeAway PaymentsSM is the most secure way to pay and automatically protects your payment up to $10,000 (learn more). Call the owner directly to confirm payment details.
- Nearest Airport: Albany International at 58 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Bridgeport, CT at 81 Miles
- Nearest Train: Hudson, NY at 26 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Mass Pike (90) at 13 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Green River Swimming Hole at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Ski Butternut at 6.3 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Wyantenuck Country Club at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: Our family has been coming to the Berkshire region for the past 18 years. My wife and I think its one of the most wonderful places to vacation with its natural beauty, abundance of outdoor activities all year long, rich cultural heritage and tremendous restaurants, organic food markets, and shopping.
Why the Owner Chose Great Barrington:
We are a very active family and love to road-bike, run, hike, swim, waterski, wakeboard, snowboard and ski. Our recently purchased home is in a perfect location, nestled on 7 private acres yet minutes to Downtown Great Barrington, Guidos Organic Market, Stockbridge, Tanglewood, Great Swimming, Hiking, Waterfalls, Catamount Adventure Park, The Appalachian Trail, and an abundance of state parks. We invite you to stay at our beautiful home so that you and your family can experience the tremendous lifestyle that we love and cherish. 4 minutes to Great Barrington 10 Minutes to Catamount Adventure Park 15 Minutes to Stockbridge 25 Minutes to Tanglewood 2.5 Hours to NYC 2.5 Hours to Boston
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Location, Location, Location. Our home is 3 miles distance to the center of Great Barrington, South Egremont and Sheffield. The house is very private and sited on 3 flat acres of lawn surrounded by 4 acres of beautiful woodlands, majestic rock outcroppings and ridges. All bedrooms feature brand new beds along with ongoing decorating and furnishing.
- Primary: 9178869652
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Luxurious, 4 BR Contemporary Farmhouse 4 min. From Great Barrington Center
High End Chef's Kitchen with Granite Counters and Tons of Prep Space
Brand New Stainless Appliances
Huge Comfy Lounge Pit-Enough Room for the Entire Family
Mater Bedroom on Main Floor with Vaulted Ceilings and King Sized Bed
Gut Renovated Large Master Bathroom with Double Vanity
Large Porcelain Soaking Tub
Living Area from second floor
Bath Tub Combo in Kids Bathroom
Sun Porch with Comfy Lounge Style Sectional
Second Floor Master BR with Queen Sized Bed
Spacious Mudroom with Lots of Built ins and Closet for your Gear
Sited on 7 Private, Park Like Acres but close to it all.
10 Foot Island with Prep Sink
Hollywood Level Screening Room with State of the Art Surround Sound
Ping Pong Area near Screening Room.
50 Inch Flatscreen in Master Bedroom
Custom Glass Enclosed Shower with Programmable Steam Shower Unit
Huge 40x17 Great Room with Majestic Fireplace
Kids Room with Bunk Bed and pull out Trundle
Kids Bathroom Vanity
Newly Constructed Deck with 6 Person Hot Tub-To be Painted in Spring
Full Sized Bed in Guest Bedroom
Bucolic Green River Swimming Hole 1.5 Miles from Our Home
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Sunday, May 12, 2013