Across from Lake Tomahawk, Golf Course, Croquet, Pool, Tennis Courts
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Black Mountain cottage description
Just across the street from Lake Tomahawk Park, Black Mountain Pool and a few blocks from Black Mountain Golf Course, Lulu's Cottage is a fully furnished 1 bedroom cottage. Just a short walk from the library, shopping & incredible restaurants. Located in a quiet residential area, Lulu's Cottage is perfect for a couple or small family for vacation or to rent while you look for a home to buy.
Built in the late 1960's, Lulu's Cottage has been upgraded. It has 1 bedroom with a queen size bed, a full bathroom, an eat-in kitchen, a large living room with queen size fold-out futon couch and indoor gas fireplace. Includes small deck as well as a large patio with gas grill, fire pit and comfortable outdoor seating. This cozy cottage has everything you will need while you are on vacation including a fully equipped kitchen with full size appliances including a dishwasher, washer & dryer (iron & ironing board), all kitchen, bedroom and bathroom linens, Wifi, TV, cable, DVD player, CD player/radio with iPod connection and wireless internet.
No pets please. No smoking inside. Ashtrays are available for outdoor smoking. The linens are washed, and the cottage is cleaned with non-toxic earth-friendly cleaning products.
Rental fees: $100.00 per weeknight (Sun-Thurs), $125 per weekend night, $900.00 per week, $1700.00 per month (all utilities included). $1200 per month during off-season Dec through April (utilities included).
- 900 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool & Spa
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Fly Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- Mountain Biking
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Basketball Court
- Whitewater Rafting
- Mountain Climbing
- Recreation Center
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Botanical Garden
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Paddle Boating
- Gambling Casinos
- www.breezyvalevacationcottage.com Lake Lure is a well-known destination for thousands of visitors each year from around this country, Canada, and abroad. The Town of Lake Lure is a beautiful place to visit and a wonderful place to live; it is the home of over 1,050 permanent residents. Located in western North Carolina, the town sits in the heart of Hickory Nut Gorge, east of Asheville. The Rocky Broad River winds its way through a series of rapids down through Hickory Nut Gorge, and the crystal clear water flows through the valley that feeds Lake Lure. The Town of Lake Lure encompasses 13.25 square miles including the lake with a large central body of deep water, three long bays, an island of seven acres and many small bays and inlets with a background of forest clad hills and mountains. The climate is unusually temperate as Lake Lure lies in the “thermal belt” of the western North Carolina mountains and foothills. The lake is the number one attraction and the reason so many families visit Lake Lure year after year. National Geographic has called Lake Lure one of the most beautiful man-made lakes in the world. Visitors come to enjoy the 720 acres of lake, sparkling clean beach area, and the incredible Blue Ridge mountain range including Chimney Rock. History records that the idea of a resort community in western North Carolina was the vision of Dr. Lucius B. Morse. Soliciting the financial backing of his brothers, Dr. Morse purchased 400 acres around Chimney Rock in 1902 to create Chimney Rock Park. Additional acreage was acquired over the next several years to bring the total to 8,000 acres. Dr. Morse conceived the idea of building a dam on the Rocky Broad River to create a lake and a year-round resort. The dam was completed in September 1926, forming the lake which was named Lake Lure by Dr. Morse’s wife, Elizabeth Parkenson. The Town of Lake Lure was incorporated in 1927. The Town of Lake Lure is a great location for sports including swimming, golfing, hiking or serious rock climbing. You can enjoy a wide variety of water activities, ranging from canoeing and fishing to pleasure boating and water skiing. Both motor and non-motorized boats enjoy the lake; however, a lake permit is required to place a private boat on the lake. Grandfather Mountain Be inspired by views from the Mile High Swinging Bridge, laugh at bear cubs and otters in natural habitats, and escape into a globally recognized nature preserve with 12 miles of the South's best alpine hiking trails. Open all year. US 221 and the Blue Ridge Parkway at Linville. Sunset Cruises Join Southern Waterways and experience the Biltmore Estate and the French Broad River in a whole new way on a relaxing sunset raft, canoe, or kayak ride though George Vanderbilt's prized land holdings. Wednesday and Saturday nights only. Cherokee Learn the history and meet the people of the Cherokee Indian Reservation. Visit the Oconoluftee Indian Village and see 'Unto These Hills' for a great educational opportunity. Linville Caverns Located in WNC near Grandfather Mountain, Linville Caverns are worth the visit. Deep beneath Humpback Mountain, nature has sculpted a veritable masterpiece in stone. Toiling many centuries, slowly moving ground water has been the primary artist for this creation of underground labyrinths. The water dissolved out an incredible series of rooms and passages. The cavern was discovered in the 1800's by men intrigued by the mystery of fish swimming out of the mountain. Since then, extensive research has been done to acknowledge the history, folklore, geology and biology of Linville Caverns. The mystery is still alive. Oconaluftee Indian Village Travel back to 1750 when you enter this recreated Cherolkee community featuring Native American guides in traditional costumes. Craft demonstration including canoe construction and arrow making take place in the midst of a seven sided coucil house, sweat lodge and cherokee homes. , Ghwy 441 N. Cherokee. Flat Rock Playhouse One of the finest local playhouses in the United States. Highly acclaimed throughout the theater world. Check their web site for schedule. Asheville Tourists Take yourself down to the ballgame this summer at McCormic Field, 30 Buchanan St., as you watch Asheville's minor-league heroes, The Tourists, confront a host of regional contenders. Asheville Historic Trolley Tours Sightsee Asheville in style aboard our vintage touring trolleys.Visit Asheville's major attractions on this live, narrated tour including the Grove Park Inn,Montford Historic District, Grove Arcade, Biltmore Village and much,much more.The ticket price includes admission to the Thomas Wolfe Memorial and Grove Arcade Building. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We enjoyed our week at the cottage. It was a perfect size for two and would sleep a couple more. Well maintained and very clean. The kitchen was more than adequate. It is a quiet location and close enough to Black Mountain to enjoy the small town but only 30 minutes from Asheville. Lake Tomahawk is within walking distance with a walking track. The manager was quick to respond to questions and followed up with us. I would recommend renting the cottage.
- Guest Alice (Tallassee, AL)
- Date of stay 10/20/13
- Review Submitted 10/31/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, girls getaway, sightseeing, age 55+.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
- Pet Fee: $300
- Tax Rate 7.5%
You can cancel, but you will not receive a refund.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Asheville at 15 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Interstate 40 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Black Mountain Golf Club at 0.25 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
Why the Owner Chose Black Mountain:
This cottage is close to everything in town!
- Primary: 8287124103 www.breezyvalevacationcottage.com
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, December 02, 2013
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.