Walk to Nearby Skaket Beach or the Cape Cod Rail Trail!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Orleans house description
Rambling/sun-filled cape cod ranch house located .6 miles from Skaket Beach (Orleans town beach on the bay side) and the namskaket tidal marshes & sea path. Only .2 miles from the cape cod rail trail. 3 bedrooms sleep 6. The master bedroom has a master bath and there is a 2nd bath for other guests. Bedroom area as well as the large family room can be closed off from the rest of the house for additional privacy. Features include a large deck on the back of the house with outdoor BBQ and a private deck off the master bedroom. Large kitchen with dining area and den with a large stone fireplace. Each bedroom has a dresser and closet for storage with queen size beds (a folding cot is also available). Large circular drive in front has plenty of room for vehicles (and trailers). Large deck on back is perfect for those quiet evenings to relax and features a large awning at one end for instant shade. A large yard in front and a private yard off the back deck. Washer and dryer are located in a semi-finished basement. A short walk takes you to Orleans center and its less than a mile to the rock harbor fishing village.
- 2500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Iron & Board
- Towels Provided
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Video Library
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Medical Services
- Jet Skiing
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Skaket house is located .6 miles from Skaket (Town/Bay) Beach and less than a 5 minute walk/ride to the Cape Cod Rail Trail (CCRT) in Orleans MA and only about 5 miles from Nauset (Ocean) Beach. A 10-15 minute walk via the roadways or the CCRT brings you to the town center in Orleans with access to shopping, dining, and the famous local favorite Hot Chocolate Sparrow for coffee or an ice cream. The house is located about 1.5 miles from the Rock Harbor fishing village which has numerous options for salt water fishing along with great sunsets and a public boat ramp on the bay if you own a boat. If you love photography, beaches, great sunsets, biking, beach walks, or just shopping in town - its all right here. If you like birdwatching you can do it right from the back deck or along the waters' edge (don't forget to visit the Birdwatcher's General Store in Orleans for everything 'birding'). ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
Sep 8 - Jun 14
7 night min stay
Jun 15 - Sep 7
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change without notice.
Deposit of 50% of rental fee due within 14 days of booking along with $500 security deposit.
Remainder of rental fee due no less than 30 days before initial date of rental.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
$500 Security Deposit (required at time of initial booking).
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Motorway: Route 6A at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Skaket Beach at 0.6 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Mahoney's at 1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Abba at 0.5 Miles
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: Our family has been renting in the Skaket Beach area for years. We finally decided to purchase a home in the area and we've been looking at this one for a while. My wife and I have full time jobs 'back over the bridge' and we love to get away here as often as possible.
Why the Owner Chose Orleans:
We have been renting on the Cape in this area since 2000 and we simply love the location. Its close to Cape Cod bay and the ocean beaches are only 5 miles away. We love the short walk to town and the close-by shops and restaurants (especially Snow's store). Its great if you want to ride up to P-town (where my family used to vacation when I was a kid) and there are many stops along the way including Fort Hill (Great birdwatching and views of the coast) as well as the Truro Vineyards winery in Truro, MA. From Orleans is only a 10-15 minute ride down to Chatham for a change of scenery and more shops and restaurants.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
We love the large family room which is great for entertaining or just kicking back and relaxing. We keep a large library on the oversize book shelves and we also love the huge back deck which is so relaxing.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, May 24, 2013