Downtown Cottage Close to Everything!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:1-2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Black Mountain cottage description
Tucked under a canopy of trees, Breezy Vale Cottage was built in the early 1970's and has been updated inside, is fully furnished, quiet and cozy. Just a short walk from the library, shopping & incredible restaurants. Located in a quiet residential area, Breezy Vale Cottage is a relaxing place to 'just be' while you enjoy your vacation or look for a home to rent or buy. Perfect for one person or a couple.
We provide a fully equipped 1 bedroom cottage with queen size bed, full kitchen with full size appliances, 1 bathroom, washer and dryer (iron & ironing board), TV & DVD player, CD player/radio with Ipod connection, WiFi, spacious closet, dishes, bed, bath & kitchen linens and a private back deck with gas grill, comfortable seating, as well as a bistro set for 2. Has central heat & air conditioning.
No pets please. No smoking inside cottage. Ashtrays are available for outdoor smoking. The linens are washed, and the cottage is cleaned with non-toxic earth-friendly cleaning products.
$100 per week night, $125 per weekend night, $650 per week, $1700 per month (all utilities included). $1200 per month during off-season Dec through April (all utilities included).
- 660 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Living Room seats 4
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Fly Fishing
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Mountain Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Basketball Court
- Whitewater Rafting
- Recreation Center
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Scenic Drives
- www.breezyvalevacationcottage.com Lake Lure is a well-known destination for thousands of visitors each year from around this country, Canada, and abroad. The Town of Lake Lure is a beautiful place to visit and a wonderful place to live; it is the home of over 1,050 permanent residents. Located in western North Carolina, the town sits in the heart of Hickory Nut Gorge, east of Asheville. The Rocky Broad River winds its way through a series of rapids down through Hickory Nut Gorge, and the crystal clear water flows through the valley that feeds Lake Lure. The Town of Lake Lure encompasses 13.25 square miles including the lake with a large central body of deep water, three long bays, an island of seven acres and many small bays and inlets with a background of forest clad hills and mountains. The climate is unusually temperate as Lake Lure lies in the “thermal belt” of the western North Carolina mountains and foothills. The lake is the number one attraction and the reason so many families visit Lake Lure year after year. National Geographic has called Lake Lure one of the most beautiful man-made lakes in the world. Visitors come to enjoy the 720 acres of lake, sparkling clean beach area, and the incredible Blue Ridge mountain range including Chimney Rock. History records that the idea of a resort community in western North Carolina was the vision of Dr. Lucius B. Morse. Soliciting the financial backing of his brothers, Dr. Morse purchased 400 acres around Chimney Rock in 1902 to create Chimney Rock Park. Additional acreage was acquired over the next several years to bring the total to 8,000 acres. Dr. Morse conceived the idea of building a dam on the Rocky Broad River to create a lake and a year-round resort. The dam was completed in September 1926, forming the lake which was named Lake Lure by Dr. Morse’s wife, Elizabeth Parkenson. The Town of Lake Lure was incorporated in 1927. The Town of Lake Lure is a great location for sports including swimming, golfing, hiking or serious rock climbing. You can enjoy a wide variety of water activities, ranging from canoeing and fishing to pleasure boating and water skiing. Both motor and non-motorized boats enjoy the lake; however, a lake permit is required to place a private boat on the lake. Grandfather Mountain Be inspired by views from the Mile High Swinging Bridge, laugh at bear cubs and otters in natural habitats, and escape into a globally recognized nature preserve with 12 miles of the South's best alpine hiking trails. Open all year. US 221 and the Blue Ridge Parkway at Linville. Sunset Cruises Join Southern Waterways and experience the Biltmore Estate and the French Broad River in a whole new way on a relaxing sunset raft, canoe, or kayak ride though George Vanderbilt's prized land holdings. Wednesday and Saturday nights only. Cherokee Learn the history and meet the people of the Cherokee Indian Reservation. Visit the Oconoluftee Indian Village and see 'Unto These Hills' for a great educational opportunity. Linville Caverns Located in WNC near Grandfather Mountain, Linville Caverns are worth the visit. Deep beneath Humpback Mountain, nature has sculpted a veritable masterpiece in stone. Toiling many centuries, slowly moving ground water has been the primary artist for this creation of underground labyrinths. The water dissolved out an incredible series of rooms and passages. The cavern was discovered in the 1800's by men intrigued by the mystery of fish swimming out of the mountain. Since then, extensive research has been done to acknowledge the history, folklore, geology and biology of Linville Caverns. The mystery is still alive. Oconaluftee Indian Village Travel back to 1750 when you enter this recreated Cherolkee community featuring Native American guides in traditional costumes. Craft demonstration including canoe construction and arrow making take place in the midst of a seven sided coucil house, sweat lodge and cherokee homes. , Ghwy 441 N. Cherokee. Flat Rock Playhouse One of the finest local playhouses in the United States. Highly acclaimed throughout the theater world. Check their web site for schedule. Asheville Tourists Take yourself down to the ballgame this summer at McCormic Field, 30 Buchanan St., as you watch Asheville's minor-league heroes, The Tourists, confront a host of regional contenders. Asheville Historic Trolley Tours Sightsee Asheville in style aboard our vintage touring trolleys.Visit Asheville's major attractions on this live, narrated tour including the Grove Park Inn,Montford Historic District, Grove Arcade, Biltmore Village and much,much more.The ticket price includes admission to the Thomas Wolfe Memorial and Grove Arcade Building. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Perfect Location for Outdoor and Town Activities
Perfect Location for Outdoor and Town Activities
We had a great 4 day stay. The Owner checked by text several times to make sure things were okay. It was perfect for the two of us. We were close enough to bike into Black Mountain and Montreat. Easy 20 min. drive to downtown Asheville. Also lots of outdoor activities including hiking, waterfalls, and biking nearby. The photos give you a good idea of the space. It is a guest house that shares a driveway with the main house. The kitchen is fully stocked with utensils, pots, pans...everything we needed to fix breakfast and lunch everyday. The neighborhood is sooo quiet! The back deck feels secluded even though there are other houses nearby. Overall great stay! We'll stay here again if we make it back to Black Mountain!
- Guest YardArm (Charleston, SC)
- Date of stay 07/03/13
- Review Submitted 07/16/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|Dec 1 2013-April 30, 2014
Dec 1 - Apr 30, 2014
2 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rental fees: $100.00 per weeknight, $125.00 per weekend night, $650.00 per week, $1800.00 per month (all utilities included)
- Tax Rate 7.5%
You can cancel, but you will not receive a refund.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Asheville at 35 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Interstate 40 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Black Mountain Golf Club at 0.25 Miles
Year Purchased: 2009
- Primary: 8287124103 www.breezyvalevacationcottage.com
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, December 02, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!