Best Location in Montreal
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:31 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Montreal apartment description
This superb and private vintage apartment is located on the ground floor of a classic white stone house built in 1910 on the top street of the best neighborhood in Canada, the heart of Plateau Mont-Royal. Rue Marquette is a large tree-lined residential street with direct access to the expansive Lafontaine park while Mont-Royal avenue is a few steps away with all the shops, restaurants and bars. Original woodwork and plaster moldings have been preserved, 10 foot ceilings, original red pine and maple floors thru the apartment.
This charming 4.5 apartment was completely renovated in July 2012. It has two very large closed bedrooms, a separate living room and a very functional kitchen/dining room. The apartment sports,. huge windows providing excellent light, new bathroom ceramic, a comfortable water radiator heating system, ceiling fans, three closets, and a laundry room. Everything is included: heat, electricity, hot water cable TV and a very fast WIFI internet. The apartment is nicely furnished with two comfortable Queen size beds, a pull out couch, , a large flat screen tv, a dining table for four, 100% cotton linen, good cooking stuff and all right amenities.
There is a 24/7 grocery store, gym and Second Cup, at the corner, next to a SAQ liquor store, fruit stores, bakeries and everything else you might need. This location is easy to commute to and from with Mont-Royal métro station 10 minutes away and a Bixi bike rental station at the corner. If you're a bit athletic, riding a bike thru the parks, up the mountain or over the bridge to St-Helene Island is a dream. Easy access to Parc Jean-Drapeau, the Mount Royal, Old Montreal. Ideal for two couples, a family or a group of friends. Smoke and pet free environment. Please check out our guide book for the Vintage Plateau 2.5 property.
- On floor 1
- 900 sq. ft.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Limited Accessibility:
- Events Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Ice Maker
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided:
- Iron & Board
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Living Room seats 6
- I'm sure you'll enjoy the place and the neighborhood. Please be considerate of your neighbors. We live on the third floor upstairs, so if you need anything or have any question, don't hesitate to ask. We ask that you do not smoke inside the apartment. We ask that you don't bring pets. We have a professional crew cleaning the apartment before your stay....moreless
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Deck / Patio:
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
Location & View
Montreal is built around a mountain, Mont-royal. This neighborhood is called Plateau Mont-Royal, a flat plateau at the foot of the mountain. Take bus 97 at the corner and ride to the top, or walk....moreless
- Car Not Necessary
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Cross Country Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Mountain Biking
- Roller Blading
- Ice Skating
- Sight Seeing
- Recreation Center
- Theme Parks
- Botanical Garden
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Gambling Casinos
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- This superb and private vintage apartment is located on the ground floor of a classic white stone house built in 1910 on the top street of the best neighborhood in Canada, the heart of Plateau Mont-Royal. Rue Marquette is a large tree-lined residential street with direct access to the expansive Lafontaine park while Mont-Royal avenue is a few steps away with all the shops, restaurants and bars. There is a 24/7 grocery store, gym and Second Cup, at the corner, next to a SAQ liquor store, fruit stores, bakeries and everything else you might need. This location is easy to commute to and from with Mont-Royal métro station 10 minutes away and a Bixi bike rental station at the corner. If you're a bit athletic, riding a bike thru the parks, up the mountain or over the bridge to St-Helene Island is a dream. Easy access to Parc Jean-Drapeau, the Mount Royal, Old Montreal. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great location, lovely apartment
Great location, lovely apartment
We stayed at this apartment during a recent trip to Montreal and highly recommend this property. Just as described, we found this a very comfortable, clean and spacious apartment, right in the heart of the Plateau. Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby, and about 10 minute walk from Metro. Our favourite route was to walk through Parc Lafontaine and the neighbourhood towards St Denis and downtown Montreal. Daniel is a wonderful and helpful host, and we hope to come back again soon!
- Guest vcvr (Vancouver)
- Date of stay 06/23/13
- Review Submitted 07/24/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers, tourists without a car.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
31 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Thank you for choosing us and welcome to Marquette Street. We look forward to having you here. Prior to your stay, you'll receive arrival instructions and guidebook. Chantal and I live upstairs so if there is anything you need during your stay, either something for the
apartment, a restaurant suggestion, or how to get somewhere, just ask away. You can also text us anytime.
Payable in full at the time of reservation.
For stays longer than three months, the last three months are payable at the time of reservation.
We accept checks drawn on a Canadian bank, or Paypal, or cash.
50% refund up until 30 days prior to arrival.
For a 50% refund, cancellation must be made 30 full days prior to listing's local check in time.
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Aéroport international Pierre-Elliott-Trudeau at 21 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Croisière Bateau-Mouche Vieux-Port at 4.7 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Gare Centrale Montréal at 4.8 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Autoroute 720 at 2.9 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Parc Jean Drapeau at 6 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Edgar Hypertaverne at 0.11 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Ski Mont Saint-Bruno at 25.5 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Saint Lambert sur le Golf at 7.2 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Délices Bio at 0.35 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: Welcome. I've traveled to 48 countries thus far and lived in four. We've started renting these places recently and its been a pleasure. We are loking for guests that match some of our values, honesty, respect, no smoking indoors and no pets.
Why the Owner Chose Montreal:
My partner and I bought this beautiful classic stone house in 2011 because we wanted to live in this great neighborhood: The Plateau Mont-Royal. Here you have access to everything you might need, in the heart of the action, while staying on a quiet tree lined street, a stone throw from amazing Lafontaine park.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
Location, location, location. We live upstairs, so if there is anything you need during your stay, please let us know and we'll do everything we can to help.
Bedroom 1: French doors open on living room
Bedroom 2: refinished centenial pine floors
Bedroom 2: room for yoga practice
Kitchen: Great light
Kitchen: large dining area
Functional Kitchen, everything you need, expresso machine, coffee grider, etc
Living room: good light
Living Room: Pull out couch
Bathroom: large medecine cabinet
Laundry room: almost new frigidaire washer / dryer
1910 white stone facade with bike rack in front
Bedroom 1: quality queen size bed
Bedroom 2: full body mirror
Bedroom 2: quality queen size bed
Kitchen: refinished maple floors and radiant heat
Kitchen: large chalk board to write on
Living room: large, separate area
Living room: 42' Phillips flat screen tv
Living room: antiques
Bathroom: clean, re-tiled, functional
Hallway: Now has a small photo exhibition
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, October 01, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.