Private Retreat with Fantastic Views Above Town of Kona
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Private Homes estate description
High-end, private retreat only 10 minutes from town of Kona, at 800 feet elevation. Infinity pool overlooking the Pacific ocean, in recently built home.
Two master suites plus third bedroom, sleeps 6. Beautiful art throughout home. Kitchen includes latest appliances (Liebherr, Wolf, Miele). Two outdoor showers, and mature vegetation around home. Elliptical trainer and weights (exercise while enjoying the view). Outdoor kitchen including wine refrigerator. Two flat-screen televisions, with surround sound. Stereo system throughout house. Beautiful, large lanai (patio) on the west side as well as the east side of the house.
- 4600 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Living Room seats 10
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- private chef available, ask owner.
- Music Library
- Video Library
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Lawn / Garden
- Kayak / Canoe
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Ocean View:
- Water View
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Massage Therapist
- Deepsea Fishing
- Medical Services
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Whale Watching
- Nested in the hills above Kona in an old sugar plantation, the home is a 1.1 acre private retreat, surrounded on one side by monkey pod trees, and the other side by a fruit orchard. The home offers total privacy both inside and out and is in a gated community. It includes an infinity pool/jacuzzi overlooking the ocean. The home is 2 miles above the town of Kona, at 800 feet of elevation, offering spectacular views and comfortable breezes. In addition the home offers a steam room, elliptical trainer/weights, outdoor kitchen, heated pool. Nearby activities include several beaches (10 minutes), restaurants and shopping in the town of Kona (10 minutes), and golf and tennis (5-10 minutes). The island of Hawaii offers many significant tourist attractions including an active volcano (Kilauea), zip-lining to the north, and some of the best snorkeling and diving in the world....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Spectacular in Every Way
Spectacular in Every Way
Our family of five has rented several homes in Hawaii over the years and this beautiful home tops the list as our favorite. The ocean view from the living area/lanai took our breath away when we first walked in and watching the sunsets became a nightly ritual. Attention to detail and an eye for beauty describe the interior and every functioning detail we needed for a carefree stay was at hand. Although we never used them, it was nice knowing that on-island staff was nearby if we needed anything. I highly recommend this awe inspiring home.
- Guest Jeff (Athens, GA. USA)
- Date of stay 12/24/13
- Review Submitted 01/03/14
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, families with young children, people with disabilities, age 55+, girls getaway, adventure seekers, sightseeing, romantic getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Security deposit of $1000.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
+ 13.4% occupancy tax & $250 cleaning charge.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Kona International Airport at 12 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Queen Kamehameha at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Disappearing Sands Beach at 3 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Kona Country Club (public) at 4 Miles
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: Owners Al and Linde Rimkus have enjoyed Kona for more than 20 years, having built and moved into this home in 2008.
Why the Owner Chose Private Homes:
This property is special to us given its total privacy and incredible ocean views. Our orchard is right next to the house and has papayas, figs, bananas, avocados, mangos and chirimoyas in season for your enjoyment. chirim
The Unique Benefits at this Estate:
We built this home, and especially enjoy its infinity pool, its beautiful vegetation and beautiful kitchen and bedrooms
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - additional photos and information on home
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from house of Kailua Bay and Kona
Infinity pool with views of Kailua Bay
Back of house with pool
View from back of infinity pool to house
view from inside house looking at lanai
view from back of house
inside great room, with kitchen in back
Master bedroom 1
view from master bedroom 1
Master Bedroom 1 with pocket doors open to lanai.
Jacuzzi at sunset
lounge chairs on back lanai with tiki torch
one of two outdoor showers
elliptical machine and small weights
view from above house
Master bedroom 1
Master bedroom 2
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, January 21, 2014
3 Bedroom / 3.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.