Fairytale Cabin in Sequoia Park
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Hartland cabin description
Recently remodeled cabin sleeps four easily. In addition to queen bed there is a double sized sofa bed in the living room. Large fireplace insert w/ glass doors, and additional room heaters will keep you warm inside, and a wood burning fire pit will keep you warm outside while you watch the stars through the silhouette of
pines, and listen to the sounds of the creek. Large tiled shower with rain shower head, full kitchen w/ stove, frig, microwave, Kuerig, toaster, all pots and pans, bake ware, utensils, and dishes. TV/DVD player w/ selection of movies, games, cards, books on the area, maps provided. Large picnic table and propane BBQ. Metal fire pit.
- 1000 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- New bathroom with tiled walk in shower. Rain shower head, seat.
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Living Room seats 5:
- Linens Provided:
- Hair Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View:
- Mountain Biking
- Cross Country Skiing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Hartland is a small cabin community inside Sequoia National Park. It is like fairytale land in the warmer months, with a multitude of birds, ladybugs, squirrels and chipmunks. There is the sound of water in the creek, and the cove provides a perfect opportunity for children to play and swim. There is a paddle boat to cruise the creek. There are hiking trails for nature walks, pine cone gathering and exploring. It is about an hour drive through scenic forest to enter the park on a main highway, but during summer months, the road from the cabin can be taken with a four wheel drive vehicle and it is a magical drive right into the park through groves of dogwood and giant Sequoia groves rarely seen. Mountain bikers will love the paths....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 24 - May 27
3 night min stay
|Fourth of July
Jul 3 - Jul 7
3 night min stay
Aug 30 - Sep 2
3 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
- Taxes Not included
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Fresno at 70 Miles
- Nearest Train: Amtrak at 30 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: 198 at 25 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Pismo, Morro Bay at 120 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Mountain House, Badger at 10 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Sierra Summit at 130 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Visalia at 40 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Mountain House, Ridgecrest at 10 Miles
Year Purchased: 2005
Why the Owner Chose Hartland:
This property was purchased when my sons were young and we spent many special times there. It is a kids' paradise, and the ultimate relaxation spot for anyone who loves nature, being in a uniquely private setting inside the park. Whether it is to hike, bike, or just read and relax in between jaunts into the park and the main tourist attractions, this location is magical. The boys played many wiffle ball games in the cove that is steps away from the back deck, fished, took trips in the creek in the paddle boat, and ran around in the dark playing flash light tag, not to mention the snowmen and sledding that occupied them in the winter.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
Hartland is the only private property inside the park. There about 30 cabins, mostly vacation homes that have been passed down for generations. There is a Christian Camp that hosts children from all over the country, and there is a pay phone, a small diner (with limited hours), and some bathroom supplies for sale. The special thing about the cabin is that it provides a more private, personal experience of Sequoia Park, but is only about an hour's drive from the main highway entrance to the tourist attractions, like General Grant and Cedar Grove. The road into the park through Hartland is closed in the winter due to snow, but with a four wheel drive or pick up, it is an amazing drive in the summer, with groves of Giant Sequoias and Dogwoods that are seldom seen.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Fairytale land! Enjoy perfect weather, star lit nights, creek side leisure
View from the back deck.
dining/living room view out to deck. all doors open, like being in a treehouse
Beautiful in the winter or summer view is from across the creek
The drive up is beautiful!
Step down from the deck to take a cruise in the paddle boat
5 Atrium doors make up the 'wall' that opens out to the large deck.
steps off back deck that lead to creek
View from top of stairs on the deck.
Cabin in winter
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Saturday, June 22, 2013