Cruise the Grenadines on Your Own Boat from Bequia
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:1-3 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Port Elizabeth boat description
By chartering Quest, a 44 ft sailing yacht, you will safely and comfortably sail the Grenadines with a local skipper. This is a great opportunity to try out sailing while still having plenty of time to relax on board. Best of all, you will have the ability to get away from the crowds and reach islands only accessible by boat.
Quest is located in Port Elizabeth, on the island of Bequia, SVG. This boat, which has been completely refurbished in the last 5 years, was built to cruise the Caribbean sea. Compared to boats of the same size, the cabins and beds of Quest are large, and offer a lot of privacy. A 6 feet 2 inches tall man will feel comfortable anywhere inside. The boat has two cabins, each equipped with its own bathroom (with shower). One of the cabins (with ensuite bathroom) is separated from the kitchen by the cockpit, which gives it great intimacy. This cabin can be locked as well, so you can protect your valuables when you're out swimming, exploring islands or having a meal ashore. The cockpit, protected from the sun, contains the wheel and the cushioned outdoor dining area.
There are actually 3 cabins in the boat. One at the front, with a double bed, the main cabin, which has bunk beds (one double, one single), as well as the bench by the kitchen table which can double as a single bed; the back cabin, which has a double bed. The main cabin and the front cabin share a bathroom. If rented by one couple, the 2 people crew will sleep in the front cabin. If rented by two couples or a family, the crew will sleep on the bunk beds in the main cabin. If you wish to have more persons aboard and provide a crew member yourself (up to 7 guests can be accommodated + one skipper), this is also possible.
Quest is an exceptionally well maintained classic wooden sailing yacht that has been extensively refitted since 2007 (all of the sails were replaced, the fabrics and cushions inside the boat replaced, the wood changed, polished, varnished, and every little thing that needed to be repaired was either professionally fixed or changed for a new one of the best quality). There are nice sailing lights on the foredeck, on the back and even under the boat so you can look at all the Caribbean fish swimming underneath at nighttime. There is also a new luxurious and powerful dinghy to take you ashore, a wake board and snorkeling equipment (size 10 for man and size 8 for woman, as well as masks and snorkels for two children 4-8 year old). You can jump in the water from the side of the boat and climb back in with the ladder. There is also a gas barbecue on the deck - so you or the cook can barbecue some fresh lobsters, and everything the kitchen needed to be fully functional and as comfortable as possible.
There is a solar power generator on the deck and electricity sockets in every room (cabin) so you can charge your phone and computer. If you wish, it is also possible to have WiFi internet (please ask in advance). Unlike other boats that you can charter, Quest also has a little library with novels, Caribbean guide books and biographies. There are also a few board games. There are plenty of linen and towels (for the beach or the showers).
We can suggest you 3 and 7 days sailing itineraries, or you can make up your own trip as you go along.
- 450 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Lunch - Included In Price
- Dinner - Included In Price
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Included In Price
- Housekeeper Optional
Children love to play in the water. Parents are advised that they should supervise them at all time. There is one children size life jacket (50 pounds or more) on the boat, as well as a child size snorkel and mask....moreless
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- If rented by two couples, the skipper and the cook will sleep in the main cabin. The main cabin shares the front bathroom with the front cabin. If you are renting the boat as one couple, the staff will sleep in the front cabin. This is ideal for privacy! In each cabin you will find the bed, reading lights, hatches for fresh air and a few drawers underneath the bed to put personal effects in. They also have electricity sockets. The back cabin locks so you can put your valuables in there when you go out for a swim to the beach or a dinner ashore....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
This is a very functional kitchen. For $50 per person per day, breakfast, lunch and dinner will be cooked for you Or for $26 per person per day, we will provide supplies for all snacks and meals....moreless
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Linens Provided:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Beach View:
- Not Necessary
- Deepsea Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Whale Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bequai is a fantastic spot in itself. It is one of the four islands of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines that are accessible by plane. Bequai has a about a dozen restaurants, some serving the best Caribbean lobsters you will ever get. After the complimentary pick up from the airport, you will see the colorful houses of Bequai, perched in the mountains and overlooking the turquoise sea. Once you reach the boat, you will be able to get to land easily on the luxurious dinghy, go ashore for some shopping or to the Princess Margaret beach, named after her visit and her royal love for the spot. Of course, the nice thing about being on a boat is that you don't have to stay in one place and can discover the beauty of the Grenadines during your stay. Save a week on the rental of a house and visit Mustique, the privately-owned island where the rich and famous own beautiful mansions, visit Petit Nevis and its old whale-hunting site, walk on the absolutely stunning beaches of the privately owned island-resort of Petit Saint-Vincent and snorkel among the tropical fish of the coral reefs surrounding the Tobago Cays. Swim to beautiful white beaches every day. If you wish, you can go ashore to eat in one of the towns, whether it is in Mustique, Canouan, Mayreau or Union. Other common activities include sunbathing on deck, observing the stars, enjoying a cocktail while watching the sunset, reading in bed, fishing and snorkeling. Did I mention sailing? Flights to Bequia leave from Barbados twice daily. We will take care of you as soon as you land in Bequia and will either take you back to Bequia at the end of the trip or to the other island of your choice....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
1 night min stay
Discounts: 5 nights or more: $525 Nightly
|Christmas and New Year
Dec 21 - Jan 4
3 night min stay
|Bequia Easter Weekend Regatta
Apr 18 - Apr 21, 2014
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates based on 4 people occupancy. An additional $50 per additional person will be added. Please note that if you wish to provide your own crew and cook yourself, this is also possible and the rates will be adjusted accordingly. Please let us know if that is your preference as we will do everything we can to accommodate your needs. Your privacy and comfort are our priority.
After review of the quote, you will receive a Paypal invoice via email.
50% deposit at time of booking, the balance due 30 days before departure. Up to 60 days prior to departure, the deposit can be canceled without any fees. If the cancellation occurs within 60 days of the departure, the deposit will not be refunded. 7 days before departure, no refund.
We welcome last minute bookings!
Additional Fees and Taxes:
The rates include taxes, tips, moorings, transportation from the airport to the boat, and unlimited rum (as long as supplies last). If you wish to go to the famous island of Mustique, a $75 charge will be added.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Bequia at 7 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Admiralty Transport at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Princess Margaret Beach at 1 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Frangipani at 0.2 Miles
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: My name is Christine. I'm 33 years old and the mother of a 6 year old daughter. In my day job - I own a breastfeeding clothing business - I help mothers feel good about breastfeeding. In his day job, my husband tries to find a cure for Parkinson's disease. We own or rent properties in multiple cities, wherever business or leisure takes us (mostly Toronto, Montreal, New York, Shanghai, Las Vegas and the Caribbean). We love to spend time on our boat in the Caribbean, but we obviously can not be there all the time. It is with great excitement that we are making it available for rent after a few years of refurbishing and keeping it to ourselves (my husband used to charter it himself before buying it). Since a sailing yacht requires a lot of maintenance, we hire a local manager, Jonnhy, who oversees all local operations.
Why the Owner Chose Port Elizabeth:
My husband used to charter Quest himself when he moved from the UK to Canada. It was simpler to fly to the Caribbean than to fly to Thailand or other warm Asian countries. When he found Bequia and the Grenadines, he fell in love (me too!). It is such a beautiful place, that really provides peace, tranquility and this 'away from everything' feeling that you only get when you are alone. He had rented hotel rooms and chartered a few other boats in the Grenadines as well but preferred the comfort and freedom of Quest. When the boat became available for sale, he bought it.
The Unique Benefits at this Boat:
When I was young, I used to travel a lot with my parents and brothers in a motor home. In my mind, a boat and a motor home are very similar. Within 44 feet, you need to have everything a house would provide, plus the ability to move around. Quest is much better than any motor home I have ever seen. I personally love the intimacy it provides, with the bedrooms that close with doors and the ensuite bathrooms. I'm also a bit of a sun-freak, and wear 30 SPF sunscreen at all time, so I love that the boat has a bimany over the cockpit. The shade it provides is a godsend.
- Primary: 438-837-7122
- Secondary: +1 647-388-3994
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
One of the views you will be able to enjoy.
Magnificent sunset in Bequia, seen from the back of Quest.
Climb back in after a swim using the ladder attached to the side of the boat.
Some books in the boat's well stocked library.
Side view of Quest.
The Saint Vincent and the Grenadines' flag at the back of the boat.
The cockpit with the wheel and part of the outside dining area.
The bed in the back cabin.
This is how Quest is. You can find more info on wikipedia by typing CSY 44.
Quest, a CSY 44, sailing with the wind.
The cute shops on the famous island of Mustique.
The dinghy, pulled on a deserted white sandy beach.
A delicious typical Caribbean meal: lobster or crab, seasoned rice and a salad.
The palm trees on the island of Petit Nevis (only accessible by boat).
The dinghy anchored in a quiet bay for an afternoon swim.
A magnificent sunset.
Living room and dining room area inside the main cabin.
Sunset view from the back of the boat in Bequia. You can see the gas barbecue.
The coral reefs and tropical fish of the Tobago Cays, only accessible by boat.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, January 22, 2014
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.