VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
• Huge master suite occupies most of the top floor. Private ocean-view deck, dressing room, gigantic walk-in closet, private sitting room, wonderful canopied bed, A separate screened indoor/outdoor bedroom with another canopy bed is also on the top floor. This is the owner's favorite place to sleep.
• Two other bedrooms on ground floor, each with its beautiful bathroom, plus another very private bedroom and bath across the central courtyard lanai.
• Huge kitchen with all the appliances and gadgets you'd expect in a house of this quality. Central butcher-block island. Two stainless sinks. Great gas stove.
• Lovely living room, opening to a covered lanai where you'll probably eat most of your meals on the beautiful twelve-person hardwood table overlooking the pool.
• Another large sitting room/yoga room/media room with big flat screen TV with wireless internet connectivity for Netflix, etc., hidden in a beautiful Balinese cabinet.
• Exquisite Balinese furniture and decor throughout the house, lovingly selected and shipped to the house from Indonesia.
• Very large pool. Saltwater makes it chlorine-free and extra nice to swim in. Beautiful landscaping all around it. A stone hot tub big enough for a dozen friends flows into the pool. The hot tub is also saltwater and therefore chlorine free.
• Five acres of magnificent seclusion with mango, banana, lilikoi and papaya trees for you to pick from.
Christmas/New Years Dec 20 - Jan 3 7 night min stay
2015 Jan 4 - Nov 20, 2015 7 night min stay
Thanksgiving Nov 22 - Dec 2 7 night min stay
My Standard Rate 7 night min stay
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
Property Damage Protection$49
cleaning fee$500 + tax
Policy available by contacting manager when booking.
Book with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
On this stretch of Kauai's North Shore coast lie several of the most beautiful beaches in the world. This is not an exaggeration. Ask anyone who has spent time here. Pila'a beach, magnificent and deserted, is nearby.
Rock Quarry Beach, another amazing gem, is a five minute drive away. Larsen's, about the same distance away, is secluded and utterly gorgeous.
Secrets Beach, perhaps the queen of all Kauai beaches, is less than a ten minute drive and a ten minute hike. Secrets, over a mile long, is not merely a pristine stretch of white sand, but an ever-changing panorama of lava boulders, tide pools, cliffs, and sea birds.
A little farther away are Lumihai Beach, site of the movie South Pacific, and of course, Hanalei Bay, another contender for the most beautiful place on earth.
Surfing? Many of the top surfers in the world live on Kauai's north shore, both for its unspoiled beauty, and the variety of surf conditions, from the fairly gentle shore break at Hanalei to world-class giant waves a little further out.
Every water sport you might want is not only available, but exceptional. Snorkeling and diving. Wind surfing. Kite boarding. Boating. Whale watching. Every type of fishing, from offshore trolling for giant ahi, to gentle bottom fishing, to flyfishing for huge bonefish in the Anini lagoon or trout fishing, yes trout fishing, for big rainbows, in Kokee streams.
Many visitors equip themselves with a guidebook and try to check off as many 'been there, done that's' as possible. We locals don't do much of that. You probably shouldn't either. Hang out at the beach. Lie by the pool. Work on your tan. Get a massage. Get a massage every day if you want. Take naps. Do yoga. Meditate. Breathe and be amazed by tranquility so deep you can feel it just doing nothing at all.
Some of the most interesting people in the world live on Kauai. Writers, musicians, retired internet billionaires, surfers, hippies, movie stars, spiritual seekers (and even spiritual finders), healers, and assorted oddball slackers of every description. Meet some of them. It's not hard.
As for food, I'll tell you a secret. There are two viable strategies if you want to own a restaurant on Kauai. Find a high rent, high visibility location and put all your money into the decor in order to attract tourists who only have to come once. OR find some little hole in the wall that doesn't look like much, and put your heart into the food, so locals will come all the time. Guess which ones we like to eat in. We'll help you find them. Just ask.
The house kitchen is great. Kauai has a wonderful variety of farmers' markets. You'll love meeting the growers and buying organic vegetables and exotic fruits like sapotes, rambutans, longans and lychees, and dozens of interesting kinds of mangos, bananas, papayas, and avocados. Take them back to the house and enjoy them in their simple perfection.
Kauai is a magnet for people who enjoy healing, inspiring, and sharing their wisdom. If you want body work, we can recommend some who will change your life.
This property is located in the heart of the most beautiful part of the most beautiful of all the Hawaiian Islands. Every day we realize how fortunate we are to live here. We look forward to sharing it with you and helping you to have the best vacation of your life.