12,000 Sf Luxury French Country Estate Sleeps 40!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Bracey estate description
12,000 SF luxury home filled with everything needed to just enjoy lake living: penthouse suite on top floor provides panoramic view from large open kitchen/dining and bedroom that spans several miles down the main lake, also with separate kitchen with all appliances including dishwasher and ample cooking utensils, large bath with walk-in tiled shower & separate laundry room with washer and dryer; main floor offers expansive great room with awesome stone gas fireplace that encompasses the wall opposite the kitchen, separate wet bar and wine cooler, custom culinary kitchen stocked with all your cooking needs with room for all, half bath, full master suite with large bath with two water closets and laundry room featuring front load washer and dryer, great room leading out to lakeside deck overlooking the main lake with double boathouse and sun deck, pool and pavilion area! Second floor boasts three master suites and one additional sleeping room with double queen beds, game room with solid wood cabinetry, granite tops and wet bar, with original Brunswick pool table and Foosball table, book case with a variety of books for reading enjoyment of all ages; two master suites offer private lakeside deck across the entire rear of home with unobscured views which overlook the main lake and side cove, pool and pavilion areas. Lower level offers full wet bar with ice machine, full-size Viking refrigerator, laundry room complete with washer and dryer, full bath, private gym, air hockey, private surround sound in theater room with recliners (luxurious seating for minimum of 8 adults), two bedrooms (one undesignated with no windows), and covered patio leading to salt water pool (new in 2012), concrete patio and pavilion lakeside, which offer hours of leisurely entertainment while relaxing outside, overlooking the lake, cove and double boathouse with sun deck! Pool pavilion provides shade and shelter overlooking the lakeside to ensure comfort for everyone!
NEW for Fall 2013: Lakeside and poolside pavilion is finished for poolside comfort and leisure, including full wet bar with hickory cabinets and granite countertops! Sit back and relax with your favorite beverage while the kids enjoy the slide! Or relax while reading a book or playing a game or cards, either inside or out! Lower level lakeside deck offers covered gas fire pit for simplicity and comfort on cool evenings!
Home offers total of 11 bedrooms (including two undesignated sleeping areas) with sleeping arrangements for more than 40 individuals, 6-1/2 baths, all but one with tiled walk-in showers (huge shower located in main floor master bath!), 3 laundry rooms, lakeside covered decks on main and 2nd level, with concrete lower covered patio leading to pool and outside covered pavilion area! Hardwood floors throughout main house, mix of hardwood and carpet in upper penthouse suite for comfortable living, ceramic tile throughout basement for durability and cleaning ease, and flatscreen and LED TVs placed throughout each floor. Circle drive and parking deck combine for ample parking for all. Relax and enjoy the outdoors, while the 'chef of the day' cooks on the BRAND NEW GOURMET gas grill located on main floor deck with ample seating for all; not even gas tanks that have to be refilled here!
Lower level is completed and furnished nicely with entertainment and relaxation in mind. Double boathouse offers large sun deck and lake side deck, with one available boat slip for your boat while you enjoy your vacation!
We are located on the main lake of Lake Gaston just past mile marker 21--when you see the large island in the middle of the lake, look for our property on the northwest side--the deep water side!
For boat and lake rentals, contact Holly Grove Marina or Poplar Pointe Watersports in Bracey (5-10 minutes away), or contact owner for possibility of renting owner's 26 foot (17 ADULT passenger) tri-toon boat, available only by prior reservation.
What does our property offer differently from other rentals?
1) Here everyone can stay together under one roof, enjoy waking up and eating breakfast together, and just lounge around, doing whatever they want! No carpooling required--everyone's already here!
2) There is something to entertain everyone: From the boathouse to the lake to the pool to the game room to the theater room to the poolside pavilion wet bar and the lower level bar and hot tub--you don't have to try to figure out where everyone can gather or what is there to do! We added an outside gas fire pit on the lower deck for cool evenings on the main lakeside just before Memorial Day!
Each level thoughtfully features full length wall mirrors and additional wall mirrors for convenience: most bedrooms have one full length mirror in of them, with additional mirrors placed at select locations throughout the estate.
NEW for Fall 2013: lakeside hot tub! Seats 8 persons! Features 112 jets with specially designed two pump, 12 horsepower dual-valve power plant to provide five individually adjustable hydrotherapy zones for unmatched relaxation. Unique eight-seat shell design on the Blacksburg offers: three custom contour seats, three deep bucket therapy seats, a unique captain's chair and our powerplant footwell designed to sooth sore calves and feet. Relax just outside on the lower level deck overlooking the beautiful shores of Lake Gaston's main lake!
3) Our property fills quickly, so don't delay in booking your grand vacation! This will be the vacation your family talks about for years to come!
Just call to discuss plans for your perfect summer vacation, and we will get you scheduled. Once you've been here for your first visit, I'm sure you'll reserve and come back next year!
If I might make one suggestion for a comfortable, leisurely week of true vacationing, I'll let you know what became a standard tradition for us after a few visits to Lake Gaston: where you have several families renting together, have each family plan, prepare and provide meals for one day; then save the leftovers for later in the week for snacking. It worked out wonderfully well for us for years, allowing everyone to prepare and present their favorite dish or delicacy for all, while preventing regular trips out to the grocery store during our vacation. This allowed us time to just have fun on the water and not even think about 'what's for dinner!'
For area events, check out www.lakegastonchamber.com for a calendar, local weather and more. For the sports enthusiast, we offer a wake boarding school on the lake--may require scheduling or prior reservations (owned by none other than the infamous Adam Fields-AF Wake, Inc.), and annual local area events include the following, sure to delight all: Memorial Day weekend brings the Battle of the BBQ at the Lake Gaston Chamber, June offers the Art & Wine Festival on the 2nd Saturday, July brings the fireworks display at the Eaton Ferry bridge on the Saturday closest to the 4th, the Littleton/Lake Gaston Festival brings in Labor Day (featuring local custom and exotic car show), and the Annual Seafood Festival falls in October, just to mention a few. All of these events are enjoyable and relaxing and may offer something for everyone right here in Lake Country! Oh, I almost forgot: Lake Gaston celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2013, with celebrations all around! The Splash committee is underway planning lots of events for this summer! Just Google 'Splash Lake Gaston 50th Anniversary' for additional information.
NOTE: Local chef available for hire for meal preparation with advance appointment! Home owner has contact information if your party requires additional resources.
Call for any questions! We look forward to your visit!
- 12000 sq. ft.
- 4 story
- Vacation Rental
- Catering Available
Our home offers lots of entertainment for children, from their favorite spots--the slide at the pool and floating on the lake--to the game room(s) and the theater room! Foosball, pool and air hockey await you, as well as a gym with two commercial tread mills....moreless
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
Bedrooms: 11 Bedrooms, Sleeps 40, Beds for 40
- Four each master suites, three with private bathrooms and one shared with game room and another bedroom - all baths with granite tops, ceramic tile floors, ceramic tiled walk-in showers, one large jacuzzi and more! All rooms offer lake views from any window! You can see the lake from practically everywhere in this home! The lake wraps around our property, making the view delightful from all angles! NOTE: BEDROOM CONFIGURATION ARE COMPLETED. MINIMUM OF 40 PERSONS SLEEPING IN BEDS. SEVERAL SOFA BEDS ARE AVAILABLE IN SELECT AREAS AS WELL. LOWER LEVEL AND PENTHOUSE FLOORS ARE ALL FINISHED. HOME FEATURES 11 BEDROOMS/SLEEPING AREAS TOTAL FOR AMPLE SPACE FOR YOUR LARGE GROUP OR FAMILY GATHERING!...moreless
Bathrooms: 6 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- 6-1/2 baths throughout this luxury home, all with ceramic tile floors, granite countertops and more! Full baths offer ceramic tile walk-in showers on all floors except basement. Main floor master bath features multiple shower heads in over-sized walk-in tiled shower, huge dressing area with double sink vanities with granite and two separate private water closets. Lower level offers luxurious shower with built-in comfort seat!...moreless
Kitchen & Dining
Large 48' side-by-side refrigerator/freezer with ice maker for all your cooling needs on main floor. Full sized Viking refrigerator in basement and full sized refrigerator located on penthouse floor!...moreless
Dining available on main floor, upstairs penthouse floor, and at lower level bar, with additional balcony seating on each level lakeside and at the lakeside pavilion with room for all inside or out!...moreless
Commercial dual burner BUNN coffee maker provided on main floor & standard coffee maker on upstairs penthouse floor. Basement has ice machine, producing 135 pounds of ice today for convenience!...moreless
- Dishes & Utensils:
Living Room seats 32:
Main floor, basement & penthouse suite offer separate living room areas for families,adults, teens & children to gather & enjoy! All inside living areas seat 40+ combined, plus decks seating 20+more....moreless
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Linens Provided:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- This home offers all the good stuff: from the gourmet main floor kitchen, to the ultimate theater room with 125'' widescreen display with 1000 watt dynamic surround sound, to the salt pool with lakeside pavilion (added 2012) and the eight person hot tub located on the main lakeside lower deck (NEW for Fall 2013), to the private gym with professional tread mills and sit up table, to the game room with Brunswick pool table AND MORE - NOTHING BUT THE BEST EXISTS HERE FOR YOUR ULTIMATE VACATION! COME ENJOY LAKE GASTON IN LUXURIOUS SPLENDOR FOR A WEEK OR FOR A LIFETIME! WHAT A WAY TO EXPERIENCE THE LAKE, IN THE LARGEST HOME ON THE WATER, WITH THE ULTIMATE VIEWS FROM EVERY ANGLE OF THE HOME AND PROPERTY OF BOTH THE MAIN LAKE AND COVE SURROUNDING THE PROPERTY! UPON ENTRY OF THE DRIVE AT FIRST GLIMPSE THE SPLENDOR & AMENITIES OF THIS PLACE WILL CAPTIVATE YOU AND KEEP YOU ENTERTAINED THROUGHOUT YOUR VISIT! DON'T MISS IT!...moreless
6+ TVs available: 2 LED on main floor, two LED on 2nd floor (game room & den), one LED on penthouse floor, three in basement: large screen projector in theater room, LED in exercise rm & great rm.s...moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player:
- Game Room:
- Pool Table:
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Sports & Activities
Location & View
Main Lake French Country luxury designer waterfront mansion with inground pool overlooking main lake and cove of beautiful and crystal clear Lake Gaston shores, offered for your family's enjoyment!...moreless
- Car Not Necessary
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Scenic Drives
- Winery Tours
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
- Paddle Boating
- Bird Watching
- Lake Gaston offers 350 miles of shoreline for your fresh water lake and sports enjoyment, whether you favor water sports, fishing, kayaking or just watching the picturesque sunrise and sunset. Within minutes, Toppers Pizza delivers food and cold beverages (alcohol included) too! Rosemont Winery, just 5-10 minutes away, offers guided tours, wine samples and summer activities, including Art Shows, car shows, etc. Several local restaurants, waterfront clubs and fast food facilities provide food and entertainment both by car and boat. Excellent fishing right off the dock or from your boat--Lake Gaston hosts several Pro Bass Fishing Tournaments annually, if that's any indication of the fishing opportunity that awaits you here! Sit on the lower boat dock and watch the fish jumping in the lakeside cove, or watch the ospreys from the lakeside pool, boathouse or main lake decks--even from the lakeside windows! The upper deck is a great place to watch the Osprey perform their morning and late afternoon fishing survival routines! Photo opportunities include wonderful observation of the Osprey taken from the upstairs windows closest to their nest, and regular otters jumping off the boathouse dock next door and playing in the beautiful water in the cove! If you like nature, you've got a lot waiting for you right here! It's not unusual when starting down the driveway to discover a family of deer grazing on the lawn, and watch them scurry off along the shoreline of the subdivision, hurriedly and frightfully scampering across the back yards of the other homes until they go out of sight! Discover the peace and serenity of Lake Gaston living, for a week or for a lifetime! ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Beautiful Home, Beautiful Views, Grand Living
Beautiful Home, Beautiful Views, Grand Living
We visited this home during the Christmas holidays. The home was well maintained and had beautiful views from every floor. The back balcony/deck spanned three floors, and offered plenty of room to relax, enjoy the views, overlooking the pool, and the lake, and have plenty of room for everyone. We enjoyed the theater room, and the pool looked like it would be loads of fun in the spring/summer. Lots to do - including a pool table on the second floor, a beautiful stone fireplace in the family room, spanning three stories. Lots of different places to relax...by the pool, on the back deck, even on the catwalk that offers a great view of the lake. The kitchen was wonderful. Included lots of granite countertops, dual sinks, HUGE refrigerator/freezer, gas cooktop. All the luxuries of home, and then some. Jacuzzi tubs, large bedrooms and baths - all with great views, roaming room, tons of space. We spent time here with a fairly large group, and we all had our own space. It's a wonderful place to visit! Would definite recommend this one!
- Guest BamaGal (Madison, Alabama/USA)
- Date of stay 12/26/12
- Review Submitted 02/12/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, girls getaway, adventure seekers, families with young children.
Owner response: Thank you, Elgan family, for your review! It was very thoughtful and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay! WE appreciate positive feedback, and welcome your next visit! It was a pleasure to have you visit our vacation home, even off season, for your family's needs!
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 3 - May 22
3 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
|My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change until reservations are confirmed.
Where desired, towels and linens are available for additional fee.
$1000 due at time of reservation. Balance of 1st half of weekly rent due 1/31/14.
Call owner for details. Check preferred.
Second Half of weekly rent due for and other fees due 60 days prior to your vacation.
Pets may be allowed-call owner for details. Prior arrangements required for pets. Where allowed, $250 non-refundable pet fee required.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $89
- Pet Fee: $250
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $500
- Tax Rate 10.3%
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: KAVC - South Hill, VA at 12 Miles
- Nearest Train: Petersburg, VA at 65 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I-85 at 3 Miles
- Nearest Beach: VA Beach at 120 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: The Pointe - by water at 10 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Lake Gaston...off the dock and boathouse!! at Bracey
- Nearest Golf: Four local golf courses within 5-20 minutes at 5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Topper's Pizza - delivery at 3 Miles
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: Mike and I grew up and met in North Carolina. He is a former Army Ranger and engineering major from the University of Texas. I graduated from Wake Tech and Campbell College with engineering and business management degrees. One day we received a post card advertising Lake Gaston, and being avid water skiers, we decided to check it out. Once was all it took for us, and we were hooked and couldn't get enough. We spent weekends at first, then started scheduling annual vacation weeks, bringing family and friends with us. After a few years we made a plan to work our way to the lake--it took a little while but it was worth it! We are full-time Lake Gaston residents now and love the area.
Why the Owner Chose Bracey:
We bought this property with the idea of offering the ultimate vacation home rental ever! The location on the lake is superb, offering 600+ feet of waterfront shoreline with a gradual slope to the boathouse. Mike and I stumbled upon this exact unique location several years ago and dreamt of how it would be most excellent to gaze at this awesome view everyday, but had no idea it would actually be ours one day! Ten years later, here we are! And we'd like to share it with you! Nature abounds here, with an osprey nest located on the property! Watch these magnificent birds as they go about their daily life and routine, even swooping down and bringing up HUGE catfish for dinner, right before your eyes! When This is the ultimate vacation home at Lake Gaston, a place we live, love and enjoy. We started visiting the lake area and renting waterfront homes ourselves a few years ago, then decided this was where we enjoyed life the most. The folks around the lake want to be here, so life is good and most people are friendly! Our yellow lab loves the water almost as much as we do--maybe more--she jumps in the lake at least once everyday, whether we do or not! She comes out with icicles in the winter time! The water always feels good to you and mornings are amazing! We are morning people, so if you are, just get your cup of coffee and sit out on the deck and watch the sun rise off the water. We have fresh water otters that like to visit the dock next door, so you might catch a peek at them too! Take in all the pleasures you can all day long, then return to the deck for the grand finale--the sun sets are 'to die for!' Visit restaurants by boat, cruise the lake after dinner, whatever you enjoy is right here in front of you! This is the moment you've been waiting for, so take some time together to enjoy your friends and family now and share a lifetime of memories! What a tradition it can be! If you get just a taste of this lake lifestyle, I'm sure you'll love it too, just as we do
The Unique Benefits at this Estate:
I love the grand great room, the unbelievable spacious gourmet kitchen featuring nothing less than the best, with BUNN commercial coffee maker with on demand automatic hot water supply for coffee, tea, hot chocolate, etc., and two burners for warming up to 24 cups of coffee and quick (almost instant) brewing. (Just remember to turn the coffee pots off after breakfast!) Another favorite is the game room and the lower level den with air hockey and private gym. The overall openness of this home, from the catwalk to the massive fireplace to the arched window that opens to the 2nd floor's lake side deck, will charm and pamper you with it's elegance and style! No disappointments here--entertainment abounds, whether you like to be a spectator or get involved! On a lazy day, just sit on the back deck with your morning coffee or evening beverage, swim in the pool in the afternoons or just enjoy watching those that do, cruise on the lake, read a book or watch a movie in the theater room--just taking it all in! Play a little foosball or shoot a little pool, whatever you like! There is something here for everyone! Summer nights offer pleasant temperatures and comfy water for floating and swimming to wrap up a perfect day! Or just float in the water off the dock while sipping your favorite beverage. But in the end, it's really the WATER that you remember--clean, crisp and inviting! Whether it's the lake or the pool, you'll leave feeling rejuvenated and clean! The osprey are entertaining seasonal; eagles adorn the abandoned osprey nest from fall through spring! You never know what surprise nature has in store for you during your stay here--just come and see! For a wonderful vacation to remember and talk about for a lifetime, here's your chance! Call for any questions. Thank you for looking at our listing and we hope you can come and enjoy it, even if only for a week, to experience it for yourselves! It is truly a taste of HEAVEN ON EARTH!
- Primary: +1 434-774-0945 9AM-9PM M-F, 9-5 Sat., 1-5 Sun.
- Secondary: 434-636-2852
- Fax: 434-636-4374 24-hour fax receipt
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from Driveway with water all around! Cove wraps around left side too!
Gourmet eat-in kitchen, granite, gas cooktop, LG refrigerator, warming drawer...
Main floor MBR overlooks main lake, lakeside deck and pool!
Lower level theater room, with leather reclining seats for at 8 or more!
Undesignated lower level BR w/additional sleeping!
NEW lower Level bar w/ice maker, Viking refrig more, opposite den w/air hockey!
New salt filter pool w/slide, awesome lake views all around, pavillion shelter!
Evenings promise majestic sunsets. This one taken from main floor lakeside deck!
Main flr living room has open view of main lake! Just open dining room curtains!
Kitchen to dining room view, illustrates lake view--just open the curtains!
Main floor master bath: more than enough w/double vanities & sinks.
2nd lower level BR with 2 QN beds, QN sleeper sofa, washer, dryer, sitting area.
Lower level den between bar/bath area & gym/air hockey area, more lake views!
ALL NEW lower lever full bath, ceramic tile!
Top floor eat-in kitchen loaded w/bar, all new appliances: stove, refrig, D/W!
Another captivating sunset, taken from upstairs penthouse!
Another sunset, taken from 2nd level deck!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, October 28, 2013
11 Bedroom / 6.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.