Spacious, Furnished Capitol Hill Home, 2 Blocks to U.S. Capitol
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:30 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Capitol Hill house description
Large, three-bedroom FULLY FURNISHED townhouse in an unbeatable location, convenient to everything on Capitol Hill: Union Station, Supreme Court, Eastern Market, Senate offices, and, of course, the Capitol. The house features 3-1/2 baths, three functioning fireplaces, central heating and air-conditioning, beautiful kitchen with dishwasher, clothes washer and dryer, basement recreation room, Wi-Fi Internet access, cable television on all three floors, DVD player, monitored security system, carpet, quiet back patio and off-street PARKING for one car. The basement recreation room can be converted into a fourth bedroom, especially for children. NO SMOKING and NO PETS, please. ONE-MONTH MINIMUM RENTAL. NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL DECEMBER 2013.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Master bedroom is at the back of the house, on the second floor, and features a full bathroom, two sinks, a walk-in closet, cable television and a working fireplace. The second bedroom is at the front of the house, on the second floor, where it gets lots of light, and features a full bathroom. The third bedroom is in the basement, and has lots of closet space and a bathroom with a shower (no tub). ...moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Air Conditioning:
- Living Room seats 6:
- Washing Machine:
- Linens Provided:
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player:
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Car Not Necessary
- Sight Seeing
- Live Theater
- Medical Services
- Botanical Garden
- The house is perfectly located for a business or leisure stay in the Nation's Capital: * Two blocks from the U.S. Capitol and the U.S. Senate Office Buildings, with the National Mall, the U.S. Botanic Garden, the National Gallery of Art and the Smithsonian museums just steps beyond; * Red (Union Station) and Blue/Orange (Capitol South) Metro lines both within a ten-minute walk, as well as Amtrak; * One block from the U.S. Supreme Court; * Two blocks from the Folger Shakespeare Library; * Three blocks from the Library of Congress; * Ten minutes on foot to Eastern Market; * Ten minutes by car to the National Arboretum; * Twenty-five minutes on foot (or a short bus ride) to Major League Baseball at Nationals Park; * Twenty-five minutes on foot (or a short bus ride) to Major League Soccer at R.F.K. Stadium; * A variety of restaurants and bars within a short walk, on either Massachusetts Avenue, N.E., or Pennsylvania Avenue, S.E.; * Pharmacy, dry cleaners and convenience stores all within two blocks; * Park and playground one block away; * One block from the neighborhood D.C. Public School (Peabody Elementary), and only a ten-minute walk from both secular and parochial private schools; * Two Catholic parishes and Protestant churches of various denominations within a half-mile radius; * Two blocks from a Capital Bikeshare station, on East Capitol Street; * Excellent routes for running or biking; * Major MetroBus routes within a few blocks of the house; and * Fifteen minutes by car or taxi to Reagan National Airport. Most offices of Federal Government agencies, the D.C. Government, the Federal Court system, the World Bank, International Monetary Fund, along with many foreign Embassies and major D.C. attractions (such as the National Zoo, Ford's Theater, the Kennedy Center, the Shaw/U Street Corridor and Arlington Cemetery) are an easy Metro ride away....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
30 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Utilities not included for stays longer than one month.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
Cleaning fee $50.00
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Reagan National Airport at 8 Miles
- Nearest Train: Union Station at 0.75 Miles
Year Purchased: 1968
About: I grew up on Capitol Hill, and I still live only a few blocks away. I know you will love the neighborhood as much as my family and I do.
Why Capitol Hill:
This is the house I grew up in, and its location will allowed me me to experience all the fun and historic aspects of Washington, D.C.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Whether you are coming to Washington to visit family or friends for an extended period, have a short-term assignment or performance in our Nation's Capital, are in between tours with a U.S. Government agency or an international organization, or are returning from overseas to a posting here, this house is perfect for you. You are in the middle of everything, while living in an area with a true neighborhood feel: food, entertainment, exploration and fellowship are only a short walk from your door.
- Primary: +1 202-547-3511 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Eastern Time, Mon. through Sat.
- Secondary: +1 2024453115 After business hours, Eastern Time, and on weekend
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Wood-Burning Fireplace and Open Floor Plan
Wood-Burning Fireplace in Master Bedroom
Plenty of Storage
Recreation Room/Potential Fourth Bedroom
One Block from U.S. Supreme Court
One Block from Stanton Park and Its Playground
Nearby Eastern Market
Bright, Open Living Room
Generous Second Bedroom
Great Back Patio!
Two Blocks from the Library of Congress
Close to Metro (Blue/Orange and Red)
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, August 06, 2013
3 Bedroom / 3.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Eastern Time, Mon. through Sat.
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.