Location, Location, Location! 1,200 Sq. Ft. Townhouse Locate
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-4 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Soco townhome description
“747” is a stylish, remodeled town home nestled in historic, charming, Travis Heights. Just minutes from the ever so “hip” South Congress Ave. (SoCo) and downtown. The town home features beautiful hard wood/marbled floors, recessed lighting, Granite counter tops, stainless appliances, and modern, cozy furnishings. Slate and travertine tiled bathrooms with European styled sinks. This location is as good as it gets, offering abundant choices for nearby entertainment, sure to appeal to every type of traveler - from fantastic restaurants and boutique shops on South Congress to live music and the very popular Sixth Street (remember, Austin continues to be known as “the live music capital”) to hike and bike trails through Stacy Park to downtown Town Lake and our very own Austin “treasure” Barton Springs Pool.
Both bedrooms feature Queen-Size Beds, with quality comfortable mattresses, high thread count sheets and Organic Cotton bed coverings. Master bedroom also boasts a 40 inch LG flat screen TV. Walk In closets in both bedrooms.
The fully equipped kitchen features stainless appliances, microwave, dishwasher, a coffee maker, toaster, blender, and a garbage disposal. Fridge has ice maker. The Galley style kitchen with Granite island,
opens to the living room.
• Warm living area with comfy/stylish furnishing- perfect for relaxing, reading, or viewing Premium Cable on the 47 inch LG flat screen TV
• House ipod/iphone docking station connected to built in ceiling speakers
• Large windows overlooking gorgeous live oaks
• Wireless Internet (high speed) throughout the house in addition to
• Covered parking and off street parking
• Wonderful walking neighborhood
• Private outdoor patio
. Bus stop located just outside the gated entrance
. 2 bicycles with locks and helmets provided for your use and fun
- 1200 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 4-5
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Living Room seats 6
- Towels Provided
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Deck / Patio:
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
- Basketball Court
- Massage Therapist
- Sight Seeing
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Botanical Garden
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Outlet Shopping
- Live Theater
- Miniature Golf
- Strolling 2 blocks lands you in Big Stacy Park, equipped with 3 acres of walking trails and a heated, spring fed swimming pool. Walk a little further west and you'll be at vibrant South Congress Avenue (aka SoCo) — filled with fantastic restaurants, cafes, boutiques, and music venues. The entertainment districts: Second, Warehouse, and Sixth Street downtown are a 5 minute bus/cab ride. Also near are Barton Springs, Zilker Park, the hike and bike trail along Lady Bird Lake (Town Lake), Auditorium Shores, the Convention Center, the bats at the South Congress bridge, Whole Foods Market (the world headquarters) the Long Performing Arts Center, Zachery Scott Theater, the Capitol, the University of Texas and much more. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
My husband and I stayed here for our 15th wedding anniversary weekend and could not have been more pleased! So much more beautiful than the pictures convey, the townhouse was extremely clean, comfortable and fabulously located: close enough to Austin's amazing restaurants and sights, yet quiet & peaceful -- with a green view from every window! We were also well cared for by Ginny, who gave us great advice on nearby activities and welcomed us with a bottle of wine, chocolate and fruit bowl. Thanks, Ginny!
- Guest Luke P. (Normal, IL)
- Date of stay 10/24/13
- Review Submitted 11/17/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway.
The owner was super helpful and extremely nice!
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 09/13/13
- Review Submitted 09/18/13
Everything about 747 Oltorf in Austin was perfect. Really nice property. Beautifully furnished, and better stocked than any corporate or furnished rental I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed in a LOT. Has all the bells and whistles. Completely quiet and comfortable. Easy parking. Excellent location, just around the corner from lots of good restaurants, shops, etc. A nice walk from front door to Stacy Park,or to the track at St. Edwards. The owners were unbelievable -- best attention and service imaginable. This place is a gem!
- Guest Anne R.
- Date of stay 06/19/13
- Review Submitted 08/04/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, families with young children, girls getaway, age 55+, adventure seekers, tourists without a car, romantic getaway.
Home away from home!
Home away from home!
Absolutely loved our stay, the property is even better than the photos (they don't do it justice) - well laid out and immaculately furnished. Conveniently located to everything you would need (banks, supermarket, pharmacy and McDonalds!) Ginny was a delightful host and gave us all the local info we needed and more. As new visitors to Austin we were well looked after - little treats such as fresh flowers, stocked fruit bowl, cold beers in the fridge and a bottle of red wine made this our home away from home while we were here working. We were sad to leave our little Austin haven! Would thoroughly recommend this property and Ginny as a host for a short or long term visit.
- Guest Rachel P.
- Date of stay 06/01/13
- Review Submitted 06/09/13
It's very unusual for the actual place to live up to the pictures! This unit does just that. It was spotlessly clean, had comfortable beds, with great bedding and towels. The location couldn't be better...near everything. The owner Ginny, was great, checking to make sure all was okay, and even left a welcome bottle of wine. We felt totally at home here.
- Guest Peter D. (Plainview, NY)
- Date of stay 05/22/13
- Review Submitted 05/28/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, age 55+.
My husband and I stayed at this townhome with my sister and her husband for 4 nights and had a wonderful time! It was our first time visiting Austin and we were a bit anxious about finding our way around. Ginny was helpful and informative, giving great recommendations to local restaurants--she even had a bottle of wine and four glasses setting out for us upon arrival! The townhome was very clean and very close to SOCO, which was super convenient. There were four bikes available for us to ride while staying at the townhome. There is not very good cell phone reception once inside the home, but there is a landline that offers free local and long distance calls (important to give that number out if you are leaving small children behind or need to be reached for work, etc). Oh, and the beds were super comfortable!!!! I would highly recommend this townhome to anybody visiting the Austin area!
- Guest Vanessa M. (Fort Lauderdale)
- Date of stay 04/27/13
- Review Submitted 05/02/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, romantic getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 6 - Mar 17, 2014
4 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
$300.00 damage deposit refundable
$75.00 non refundable cleaning fee
15% sales tax if less than 30 days
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $300
- Tax Rate 15%
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Austin Bergstrom International Airport at 7.2 Miles
- Nearest Train: Amtrak Train Station Austin at 3.2 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I-35 at 0.2 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Curras Mexican Restaurant at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Lions Municipal Golf Course - Public 2901 Enfield at 5.7 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Curras Mexican Restaurant at 0.1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2006
About the owner: We have lived in Austin for 26 years. We love it! We have resided in this townhouse for 7 years. We absolutely love the SoCo/Downtown area and all it has to offer: biking,music,fabulous restaurants and cafes.
Why the Owner Chose Soco:
We purchased this property because of the close proximity to Downtown and the 'epicenter' of all things Austin!
The Unique Benefits at this Townhome:
We fell in love with this town house because it was 'tucked' away, secluded, yet centered in the middle of all the action that defines Austin!
- Primary: 5126895922
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, November 07, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1.5 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.