Reserve a Week in August Before July 01, 2013 Save 10 % Ask Me How!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets allowed:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Bookings run Saturday to Saturday 7 day minimum. Check in time is Saturday at 330 pm to the following Saturday 9 am check out. This is a Casual, large group or family and pet friendly home. It's big, spacious, light , bright, cozy, comfortable and durable. It's been a great home for us with a large family, friends, relatives, pets. It's a great place to entertain. There are 4 bedrooms 1.5 bath very private setting. Sleeps 8-12 or more...and it's central to Leelanau County, Old Mission Peninsula and Traverse City. All of the pictures shown on this page were photographed by the homeowner. Just some examples of the Beautiful locations within one hour's time traveling by car.
Travel just six miles to the north and you are in lovely Northport which is becoming The New Destination Wedding Venue, Events are being booked all around the Area… Northport has several Locations for Weddings and Events. We are just minutes from ALL of them and would make a great rental for Wedding Parties / Families. Don't spend time Commuting 40 minutes one way, to Traverse City for a Hotel...Stay Local just 10 minutes away in our Vacation Rental and Spend your Time Visiting with Family and Friends instead.
Located in between Omena and Leelanau Sands Casino. Lovely Northport is 6 miles north and Suttons Bay is 5 miles south. Take time to enjoy the charming Village life and flare in any of our Local small towns, including Northport's Friday Night Music in the Park. Fridays Farmer’s Market at the Marina.
Visit Suttons Bay, Traverse City, Historic Fishtown in Leland, and head on down to Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, which was voted the most beautiful place in America 2012. Try the Sand Dune Climb, bike trail, scenic drive, or shopping in Glen Arbor and Empire.
There are boundless activities locally depending on time of year that you visit. Wedding venues, national and local festivals, national cherry festival, film festival, local wine festivals just to name a few. Parades, fourth of July celebrations, bonfires, Star Gazing, Sky Watching, Sunrises and Sunsets, fireworks displays, conservancy land, state and federal parks, bike trails, swimming, golf, kayaking, hiking, fishing, tennis, sailing, water skiing, beachcombing, cinemas, gambling casinos, winery tours (so many around the county and grand traverse and old mission region) antiquing, groceries, atm/bank , shopping, boating, public beaches, world class dining, celebrities, rest and relaxation in Leelanau county. There's so much More, I hope you come and discover what Leelanau County means to you.
Keywords: Hot Tub, Kid, Fireplace, Group, lots of People, Rental, VRBO 454498, Northport, Suttons Bay, Leland, Omena, Weddings, Wine Tours, Michigan, Beach, Vacation, Leelanau, Pet, Close to M-22, Private
- 2200 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
We like well mannered pets and we welcome them. However we do not provide kennels, housing, leashes or any other pet care need. Owners are responsible for their safety, actions, care and liability....moreless
- Non Smoking Only:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
- Limited Accessibility
- Events Allowed
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 8-12
- Typical booking sleeps 8. More could be added with prior written permission. Also available are 2 sofas (1 Sleeper Sofa, sleeps 2) and 1 roll away cot (Sleeps 1) upon request. Children are welcome to 'camp out' on floor (loft) or set up tents in yard. (bring your sleeping bags or air mattress' they are not provided.) parents discretion and responsibility....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker:
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Iron & Board
- Living Room seats 12
- Hair Dryer
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Check in is 3:30 pm Saturday check out is the following Saturday at 9 am, housekeeping services are not provided throughout the week. Housekeepers will arrive at 9 am, they will need access to the rental and will begin cleaning at that time. Please be sure to return the home to the condition it was in at your arrival. Quiet hours are 11pm - 8 am. The rental home has a roomy kitchen for clients meal preparation. Neither food or consumables are provided. Stores for provisions are within 10 minutes drive. Lots of space for large groups, wedding parties, typical booking sleeps 8. More could be added with prior written permission. Also available are 2 sofas and 1 roll away cot upon request. Children are welcome to 'camp out' on floor (loft) or set up tents in yard. (bring your sleeping bags or air mattress' they are not provided.) parents discretion and responsibility. This is a great, close to everything jumping off point. ...moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub:
- Deck / Patio:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
- Equestrian Events
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Cross Country Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Water Tubing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Hunting Small Game
- Pier Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Roller Blading
- Medical Services
- Winery Tours
- Scenic Drives
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Fitness Center
- Eco Tourism
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Paddle Boating
- Horseback Riding
- All of the pictures shown on this page were photographed by the homeowner. Just some examples of the Beautiful locations within one hour's time traveling by car. The location is centrally located to all of Leelanau Co. We are located approximately one mile to the Leelanau Sands Casino just to our south. Then 1.5 miles to the north is the quaint little village of Omena, there is a Public Beach located there, Tamarack (Art Gallery), Leelanau Wine Tasting Room and Knot, Just a Bar in the same buildingon Omena Bay. Travel just six miles to the north and you are in lovely Northport which is becoming The New Destination Wedding Venue, Events are being booked all around the Area… Northport has several Locations for Weddings and Events. We are just minutes from ALL of them and would make a great rental for Wedding Parties / Families. Don't spend time Commuting 40 minutes one way, to Traverse City for a Hotel...Stay Local just 10 minutes away in our Vacation Rental and Spend your Time Visiting with Family and Friends instead. Visit Historic Grand Traverse Lighthouse and partake in the charming Village life including Northport' s Friday Night Music in the Park. Fridays Farmer’s Market at the Marina, boating, shopping, hiking, dining, beach combing and swimming, So much to do in a laid back easy going setting of Northport. Suttons Bay is 5 miles south of us, this Village abounds in shopping opportunities, The Bay Movie Theatre, Rails to Trails Path that stretches all the way to Traverse City on the Reclaimed Old Railroad Bed, and Public Beaches and Marina are sandy and clean. Hit the west coast of the county just 12 miles to Leland's eclectic shopping and Historic Fishtown District. Fishing Charters are available in Fishtown. Venture on down to Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, which was voted the most beautiful place in America 2012. Try the Sand Dune Climb, Bike Trail, Scenic Drive, shopping Glen Arbor and Empire. There are Boundless activities LOCALLY depending on time of year that you visit…these are SOME of the things you may get to enjoy during your visit, some events are free and others may have a charge. Wedding Venues, Wine Tours, National and Local Festivals, National Cherry Festival, Film Festival, Horses by the Bay, Polka Festival in Cedar, Dune Grass Festival, Local Chicken Dinners, Local Wine Festivals, Parades, Fourth of July Celebrations, Bon Fires, Sunrises and Sunsets, Fireworks Displays, Children's Museum in Traverse City (25 miles south, Conservancy Land, State and Federal Parks, SB Bike Rentals, Bike Trails, Cycling, Snowboarding, Swimming, Golf, Kayaking, Hiking, Fishing, Tennis, Sailing, Water Skiing, Pier Fishing, Wind-Surfing, Water Tubing, Freshwater Fishing, Snowmobiling, Basketball Court, Jet Skiing, Cross Country, Skiing, Beachcombing, Cinemas, Gambling Casinos, Bird Watching (1 mile to bird Sanctuary), Winery Tours (So Many around the County and Grand Traverse and Old Mission Region), Library, Restaurants, Playground, Marina, Scenic Drives, Fitness Center, Antiquing, Groceries, ATM/Bank ,Sight Seeing, Shopping, Walking, Boating, Public Boat Launches, Public Beaches, Shopping, World Class Dining, Celebrities, Rest and Relaxation in Leelanau County. More, More, More!!!! And If you over do it, there are Walk-in and Urgent Care Services Located in Suttons Bay and Lake Leelanau. I cannot name everything that you can do here. But It is a spectacular place to Live and Play even if it's just for one or two weeks at a time. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
To ensure serious reservations, we request a 50% nonrefunable deposit($900.00) at the time of booking. Remaining payment of $900.00+$108.00 Tax is due 30 days prior to Rental Check In. Booking is from Sat 3:30 pm Check in to the following Sat 9 am check out.
- Pet Fee: $0
- Tax Rate 6%
•To ensure serious reservations, we request a 50% nonrefunable deposit($900.00) at the time of booking. The Remaining payment, of $900.00+ $108.00 Tax is due 30 days prior to the Rental Check-In date. Booking is from Sat 3:30 pm Check in to the following Sat 9 am check out.
If you have any questions please contact the owner.
This owner accepts HomeAway's most secure form of payment.
HomeAway PaymentsSM is the most secure way to pay and automatically protects your payment up to $10,000 (learn more). Call the owner directly to confirm payment details.
- Nearest Airport: TVC - Cherry Capital Airport Traverse City, MI at 30 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Leland to Manitou Island at 12 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Nearest M-22 at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Omena Beach at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Knot, Just a Bar Omena , MI (Bar and Restaurant) at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Homestead Glen Arbor at 40 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Suttons Bay Bahle's Farm at 15 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Leelanau Sands Casino (Bar,Restaurant and Casino) at 1.25 Miles
Year Purchased: 1990
About the owner: I am a Leelanau County native I grew up in Suttons Bay. My Husband is from down around Lansing. He moved here over 25 years ago. He built the house in 1990, we combined our families. We raised our six children here in this home. Now they are all grown and we have an empty nest. It's been a great home for us with a large family, friends, relatives, pets. We know it's a great place to entertain and plenty of room for gathering and visits. We have had so much fun and we enjoy making memories here and we'd like to share that with you.
Why the Owner Chose Northport:
We love this property because it is 'Thee Great Up North Experience'. We really have lived our lives in the 'Up North' Vacation Model. We have walked and hiked, played and explored. We love the character and privacy of the property. The house sits on a clear lot about an acre. But we own 30 acres here. The road that runs by is very quiet. It's a mere 1/2 mile to the Shoreline of Grand Traverse Bay and M-22. It can be whatever you want. Minutes from anything and anywhere you WANT to be. Yet A Million miles away from Everything you don't.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
It's proximity to Everything Leelanau and Grand Traverse County. It's a Vactioners Paradise. BUT We love the privacy of the property. The house sits on a clear lot about an acre, on this road that is hardly used by the public. We raised our six children here in this home. It has a Huge open floor plan. Lots of room for sleeping. Lots of room for entertaining. Lots of room outside. 'Room to Run' We remodeled and refreshed the home in 2007. It's big, spacious, light , bright, cozy, comfortable and durable. It's been a great home for us with a large family, friends, relatives, pets. It's a great place to entertain.
- Primary: 231-271-6399
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Away from all the stresses of Everyday Life this Cozy Home Welcomes you to Sit & Relax ~ You're Up North
Intimate Dining, a few Friends or Group Buffet. Pull up a chair, we have room.
Big Windows let in plenty of Natural Light & let you keep watch for Wildlife
Bed 2 full size bed upstairs Window faces south sleeps 2
Bed 4 queen size bed upstairs Window faces north sleeps 2
6 person Hot Tub in corner spot on the 16'X26' Deck over looking woods #Private
Front Window ~ Countryside View Late Evening over Organic Apple Farm.
Spacious Home Fits 8-12 or more 4 bed 1.5 bath 2200sq ft- Big Yard- VERY PRIVATE
Relax with your favorite Read. Plenty of room for privacy, even in Large Groups
Prime Beachcombing is just 15 mins to this Beautiful Public Beach Christmas Cove
Incredible Public Beaches are Close By~ Just 15 mins. North to Christmas Cove!!
Northport Marina is the location for Friday's Farmers Market & Music in the Park
Heart of the Home Kitchen #Northport Mich Large Group Lots of People VRBO 454498
Maple flooring through out Large Open Floor in Kitchen, Dining, Living Room.
Bed 1 King size bed main floor Window faces south sleeps 2
Bed 3 queen size bed upstairs Window faces north sleeps 2
Deck with 6 person Hot Tub and Table and Chairs.
Panorama of Hot Tub on 16'X26' Deck....Oh So Relaxing and Refreshing! Spa Day!
Lg Yard 4 bed 1.5 bath 2200sq ft big yard VERY PRIVATE Lots of fun casual cozy
Camp Fire Pit, Lots of Seating. BonFire Any Night or Every Night. Up North!
Stroll the beaches, Take a swim, Snap some Pictures or Pick Rocks Nah, do it ALL
Good Harbor Beach is 20 mins southwest of here. Great Day Trip #SleepingBearDune
Stunning Sunset Views of Lake Michigan at Sleeping Bear Dune. Scenic Drive #9&10
Sometimes the Sky here is so Clear and so Incredible. Front Yard~Aurora Borealis
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, June 18, 2013