Thank You for a Great, Successful Year~ We Are Now Booking for 2014 Season
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Northport house description
Bookings run Saturday to Saturday 7 day minimum. Check in time is Saturday at 330 pm to the following Saturday 9 am check out. This is a Casual, large group or family home. It's big, spacious, light , bright, cozy, comfortable and durable. It's been a great home for us with a large family, friends and relatives. It's a great place to entertain. There are 4 bedrooms 1.5 bath very private setting. Sleeps 8-12 or more...and it's central to Leelanau County, Old Mission Peninsula and Traverse City. All of the pictures shown on this page were photographed by the homeowner. Just some examples of the Beautiful locations within one hour's time traveling by car.
Travel just six miles to the north and you are in lovely Northport which is becoming The New Destination Wedding Venue, Events are being booked all around the Area… Northport has several Locations for Weddings and Events. We are just minutes from ALL of them and would make a great rental for Wedding Parties / Families. Don't spend time Commuting 40 minutes one way, to Traverse City for a Hotel...Stay Local just 10 minutes away in our Vacation Rental and Spend your Time Visiting with Family and Friends instead.
Located in between Omena and Leelanau Sands Casino. Lovely Northport is 6 miles north and Suttons Bay is 5 miles south. Take time to enjoy the charming Village life and flare in any of our Local small towns, including Northport's Friday Night Music in the Park. Fridays Farmer’s Market at the Marina.
Visit Suttons Bay, Traverse City, Historic Fishtown in Leland, and head on down to Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, which was voted the most beautiful place in America 2012. Try the Sand Dune Climb, bike trail, scenic drive, or shopping in Glen Arbor and Empire.
There are boundless activities locally depending on time of year that you visit. Wedding venues, national and local festivals, national cherry festival, film festival, local wine festivals just to name a few. Parades, fourth of July celebrations, bonfires, Star Gazing, Sky Watching, Sunrises and Sunsets, fireworks displays, conservancy land, state and federal parks, bike trails, swimming, golf, kayaking, hiking, fishing, tennis, sailing, water skiing, beachcombing, cinemas, gambling casinos, winery tours (so many around the county and grand traverse and old mission region) antiquing, groceries, atm/bank , shopping, boating, public beaches, world class dining, celebrities, rest and relaxation in Leelanau county. There's so much More, I hope you come and discover what Leelanau County means to you.
Keywords: Hot Tub, Kid, Fireplace, Group, lots of People, Rental, VRBO 454498, Northport, Suttons Bay, Leland, Omena, Weddings, Wine Tours, Michigan, Beach, Vacation, Leelanau, Close to M-22, Private
- 2200 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Limited Accessibility
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 8-12
- Typical booking sleeps 8. More could be added with prior written permission. Also available are 2 sofas (1 Sleeper Sofa, sleeps 2) and 1 roll away cot (Sleeps 1) upon request. Children are welcome to 'camp out' on floor (loft) or set up tents in yard. (bring your sleeping bags or air mattress' they are not provided.) parents discretion and responsibility....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- Bright and Clean, stocked with some paper products, New Towels 2013, New Commodes in both Restrooms 2013. Also there is a box in the back linen closet with a few things like razor, toothbrush, toothpaste, bandaids etc... in case you forgot to bring yours. Please use what you need and leave the rest. ...moreless
Kitchen & Dining
Extra leaves for table expands to accomidate approx. 10-12 diners Plus 4 stools at Island Bar . Poss 16 or more...There are no, play pens, high chairs or child seats at the rental. Please bring with...moreless
Large Open Space Heart of the Home Kitchen. Refrigerator, New Gas Range and Oven, Dish washer, Garbage Disposal, Under counter Halogen lights, Island Halogen Lights...Light & Bright Area **See Photos...moreless
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Living Room seats 12:
- Towels Provided:
- Clothes Dryer:
- *Please Note* A request for info. does not reserve the property. Acceptance of rental agreement and Deposit must be made for a firm commitment for the time you are interested in. Check in is 3:30 pm Saturday check out is the following Saturday at 9 am, housekeeping services are not provided throughout the week. Housekeepers will arrive at 9 am, they will need access to the rental and will begin cleaning at that time. Please be sure to return the home to the condition it was in at your arrival. Quiet hours are 11pm - 8 am. The rental home has a roomy kitchen for clients meal preparation. Neither food or consumables are provided. Stores for provisions are within 10 minutes drive. Lots of space for large groups, wedding parties, typical booking sleeps 8. More could be added with prior written permission. Also available are 2 sofas and 1 roll away cot upon request. Children are welcome to 'camp out' on floor (loft) or set up tents in yard bring your sleeping bags...moreless
- DVD Player:
- Video Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water Tubing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Hunting Small Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Ice Skating
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Roller Blading
- Pier Fishing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Fitness Center
- Live Theater
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Gambling Casinos
- Eco Tourism
- Winery Tours
- Recreation Center
- Horseback Riding
- Medical Services
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- All of the pictures shown on this page were photographed by the homeowner. Just some examples of the Beautiful locations within one hour's time traveling by car. The location is centrally located to all of Leelanau Co. We are located approximately one mile to the Leelanau Sands Casino just to our south. Then 1.5 miles to the north is the quaint little village of Omena, there is a Public Beach located there, Tamarack (Art Gallery), Leelanau Wine Tasting Room and Knot, Just a Bar in the same buildingon Omena Bay. Travel just six miles to the north and you are in lovely Northport which is becoming The New Destination Wedding Venue, Events are being booked all around the Area… Northport has several Locations for Weddings and Events. We are just minutes from ALL of them and would make a great rental for Wedding Parties / Families. Don't spend time Commuting 40 minutes one way, to Traverse City for a Hotel...Stay Local just 10 minutes away in our Vacation Rental and Spend your Time Visiting with Family and Friends instead. Visit Historic Grand Traverse Lighthouse and partake in the charming Village life including Northport' s Friday Night Music in the Park. Fridays Farmer’s Market at the Marina, boating, shopping, hiking, dining, beach combing and swimming, So much to do in a laid back easy going setting of Northport. Suttons Bay is 5 miles south of us, this Village abounds in shopping opportunities, The Bay Movie Theatre, Rails to Trails Path that stretches all the way to Traverse City on the Reclaimed Old Railroad Bed, and Public Beaches and Marina are sandy and clean. Hit the west coast of the county just 12 miles to Leland's eclectic shopping and Historic Fishtown District. Fishing Charters are available in Fishtown. Venture on down to Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore, which was voted the most beautiful place in America 2012. Try the Sand Dune Climb, Bike Trail, Scenic Drive, shopping Glen Arbor and Empire. There are Boundless activities LOCALLY depending on time of year that you visit…these are SOME of the things you may get to enjoy during your visit, some events are free and others may have a charge. Wedding Venues, Wine Tours, National and Local Festivals, National Cherry Festival, Film Festival, Horses by the Bay, Polka Festival in Cedar, Dune Grass Festival, Local Chicken Dinners, Local Wine Festivals, Parades, Fourth of July Celebrations, Bon Fires, Sunrises and Sunsets, Fireworks Displays, Children's Museum in Traverse City (25 miles south, Conservancy Land, State and Federal Parks, SB Bike Rentals, Bike Trails, Cycling, Snowboarding, Swimming, Golf, Kayaking, Hiking, Fishing, Tennis, Sailing, Water Skiing, Pier Fishing, Wind-Surfing, Water Tubing, Freshwater Fishing, Snowmobiling, Basketball Court, Jet Skiing, Cross Country, Skiing, Beachcombing, Cinemas, Gambling Casinos, Bird Watching (1 mile to bird Sanctuary), Winery Tours (So Many around the County and Grand Traverse and Old Mission Region), Library, Restaurants, Playground, Marina, Scenic Drives, Fitness Center, Antiquing, Groceries, ATM/Bank ,Sight Seeing, Shopping, Walking, Boating, Public Boat Launches, Public Beaches, Shopping, World Class Dining, Celebrities, Rest and Relaxation in Leelanau County. More, More, More!!!! And If you over do it, there are Walk-in and Urgent Care Services Located in Suttons Bay and Lake Leelanau. I cannot name everything that you can do here. But It is a spectacular place to Live and Play even if it's just for one or two weeks at a time. http://www.northportomenaevents.com/ http://www.nps.gov/slbe/index.htm http://community.mynorth.com/profiles/blogs/suggestion-for-a-great-day-around-traverse-city http://www.nps.gov/slbe/parkmgmt/sbht2.htm http://www.suttonsbayarea.com/...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Our extended family (7adults and 5 kids under the age of 6) had a wonderful stay. The house was spotless, the owner was incredibly helpful prior to and during our stay. I would highly recommend this house!
- Guest Nicole (Oak Park, IL)
- Date of stay 08/28/13
- Review Submitted 09/05/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, girls getaway, families with teenagers.
Owner response: Thank You So Much! We really appreciate your kind words about your experience. I'm so glad you ENJOYED it. Please come again, You are always Welcome. :0)
HomeOwner Entered from The Guestbook/Journal EntryGuest comment entered by owner
HomeOwner Entered from The Guestbook/Journal Entry
I have taken this review as an Excellent Rating, considering their stay provoked a Very Nice Poem..... Thank You to Our First Guests for this Wonderful Comment left for us in our Guestbook/Journal...... "We arrived from Lansing and Seattle tired and weary Relaxed at the cozy house and had some beery We played hard during the day At the beaches and shopping trips Then came home and had a nice dip (love the hot tub) This house was great We had a ball Now time to be sad and pack and load the U Haul (well not really but close) :-) Anyway thanks for the cozy comfy stay So we would all come and play We loved it all and would love to come back. Love..." *****names of guests omitted for their privacy****All 10 Guests Names were listed
- Guest D M E L L A V K T A
- Date of stay 06/29/13
- Review Submitted 07/18/13
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
Additional information about rental rates
To ensure serious reservations, we request a 50% nonrefunable deposit($1100.00 ) at the time of booking. Remaining payment of $1100. + $132.Tax is due 30 days prior to Rental Check In. Booking is from Sat 3:30 pm Check in to the following Sat 9 am check out. *NOTE* A request for info does not reserve the property. Acceptance of Rental agreement and Deposit confirmed only for valid reservation.
- Tax Rate 6%
You can cancel, but you will not receive a refund.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: TVC - Cherry Capital Airport Traverse City, MI at 30 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Leland to Manitou Island at 12 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Nearest M-22 at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Omena Beach at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Knot, Just a Bar Omena , MI (Bar and Restaurant) at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Homestead Glen Arbor at 40 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Suttons Bay Bahle's Farm at 15 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Leelanau Sands Casino (Bar,Restaurant and Casino) at 1.25 Miles
About the owner: I am a Leelanau County native I grew up in Suttons Bay. My Husband is from down around Lansing. He moved here over 25 years ago. He built the house in 1990, we combined our families. We raised our six children here in this home. Now they are all grown and we have an empty nest. It's been a great home for us with a large family, friends, relatives. We know it's a great place to entertain and plenty of room for gathering and visits. We have had so much fun and we enjoy making memories here and we'd like to share that with you.
Why the Owner Chose Northport:
We love this property because it is 'Thee Great Up North Experience'. We really have lived our lives in the 'Up North' Vacation Model. We have walked and hiked, played and explored. We love the character and privacy of the property. The house sits on a clear lot about an acre or two. The road that runs by is very quiet. It's a mere 1/2 mile to the Shoreline of Grand Traverse Bay and M-22. It can be whatever you want. Minutes from anything and anywhere you WANT to be. Yet A Million miles away from Everything you don't.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
It's proximity to Everything Leelanau and Grand Traverse County. It's a Vactioners Paradise. BUT We love the privacy of the property. The house sits on a clear lot about an acre or two, on this road that is hardly used by the public. We raised our six children here in this home. It has a Huge open floor plan. Lots of room for sleeping. Lots of room for entertaining. Lots of room outside. 'Room to Run' We remodeled in 2007 and refreshed the home again in 2013. It's big, spacious, light , bright, cozy, comfortable and durable. It's been a great home for us with a large family, friends, relatives. It's a great place to entertain.
- Primary: 231-271-6399
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Spacious, Bright and Shiny Clean... there is plenty of room for LOTS OF FUN!
Intimate dining or Group Buffet there's plenty of room here...pull up a chair
Master Bed Room-Main Floor-King Bed Sleeps 2 - TV-windows facing South and East
Bed 3 queen size bed upstairs Window faces north sleeps 2
Welcome to your Up North Vacation Spot...Nothing to do but ...Relax
Have Breakfast on the large private Deck overlooking hard woods.
Camp Fire Pit, Lots of Seating. BonFire Any Night or Every Night. Up North!
Relax with your favorite Read. Plenty of room for privacy, even in Large Groups
Good Harbor Beach is 20 mins southwest of here. Great Day Trip #SleepingBearDune
Incredible Public Beaches are Close By~ Just 15 mins. North to Christmas Cove!!
Northport Marina is the location for Friday's Farmers Market & Music in the Park
Stunning Sunset Views of Lake Michigan at Sleeping Bear Dune. Scenic Drive #9&10
Light, Bright and Spacious New stove June 2013 Stocked with limited spices
Open Floor Plan is Great for gathering , visiting and relaxing.
Bedroom #2 Full Bed Sleeps 2 Window faces South. On the 2nd Floor
Bed 4 Queen Bed Upstairs Window faces North sleeps 2
Deck with 6 person Hot Tub and Table and Chairs Outdoor Gas Grill at property.
6 person Hot Tub in corner spot on the 16'X26' Deck over looking woods #Private
Front Window ~ Countryside View Late Evening over Organic Apple Farm.
Stroll the beaches, Take a swim, Snap some Pictures or Pick Rocks Nah, do it ALL
Start your Wine Tour Here...27 Wineries in Leelanau County!
Leelanau Co. is the Premier Location for Color Tours. Colors Peak in October
It's Color Tour Time..This Beautiful hillside is 10 mins. north in Northport, MI
Sometimes the Sky here is so Clear and so Incredible. Front Yard~Aurora Borealis
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, November 27, 2013
4 Bedroom / 1.5 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.