Lovely Hi-Raised Bungalow at Foot of the Causeway on Offatts Bayou
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Private Homes bungalow description
Huge outdoor living spaces extend the livability of this high-raised waterfront home. Sleeps 10. Plenty of parking (covered for 3 vehicles but room for several more). This 3 bdrm., 2 bath (up) home on an acre of land fronting Offatts Bayou has more to it than first meets the eye. This property is just over the causeway as you enter Galveston Island, saving you precious travel time you'd otherwise have to spend driving to properties on the other side of the bayou at least an hour away. It features two bedrooms with king-sized beds (one with private bath the other with bayou view). One larger bedroom with 2 twin beds and a double (with bayou view and porch access) across the hall from the second (divided) bathroom. A queen-sized sleeper sofa pulls out in the living room, and, in a pinch, children can sleep on the build-ins under the front windows. Washer & dryer provided in the hall. Flat screen TVs in every room with Blueray players. Wi-fi and basic cable provided. The full kitchen includes oven, microwave, stovetop, dishwasher, refrigerator, and pantry, plus plenty of pots and pans to cook the crabs and fish you catch. Dishes include place settings for 12. Breakfast bar and dining table seat a total of 10. The porch has another table with seating for 4 and bench seating as well as 2 rocking chairs. Downstairs adjacent to the private swimming pool (fenced in for the protection of your children) are 1/2 bath, two outdoor tables with seating for 10, outdoor shower to rinse off after a dip in the bayou or pool, and charcoal barbecue pit with tools. Enjoy 100' frontage on Offatts Bayou with beautiful views, fishing from the private fishing pier with running water and sink to clean your catch, and private boat ramp. This property is quiet at night and in the summer a great place to watch the fireworks from Moody Gardens. If you enjoy watching boats sail by, rocking on the covered porch, sunbathing by the pool, fishing off a pier, waterskiing behind your own boat, fishing in the bayou, playing with your children in a large yard, this place is for you. Google Bakers Landing Gary Greene Vacation Rentals.
- 1500 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
This being a private home, nothing is shared. The kitchen contains serving bar, plenty of pots and pans for cooking. Plus a blender. Set of knives. Serving utensils. Kettle. Toaster. Cutting boards....moreless
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided:
- Living Room seats 8:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- If you have a boat, by all means bring it and launch it right from Bakers Landing. The pier holds a sink with running water at which one may clean one's catch of the day. Also, ladder access water for swimmers or water skiers. If you like to porch sit, fix a nice glass of iced tea and sit out on the covered porch and watch the world sail by as you read your favorite novel and enjoy the south breeze and pelicans flying over....moreless
- Video Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
Pool & Spa
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Roller Blading
- Pier Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Jet Skiing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Horseback Riding
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Water Parks
- Live Theater
- Botanical Garden
- Recreation Center
- Sight Seeing
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Outlet Shopping
- Galveston Island is jam-packed with activities for the whole family. If you bring your boat, go ahead and launch it as soon as you cross the causeway and unpack. Otherwise, take a 3.5 mile drive up to the beachfront and cruise the seawall or get out and stroll or rollerblade or bicycle to your heart's content. Find the perfect spot on the beach, and wade in or wait to swim until you return to Bakers Landing where you can swim in Offatts Bayou or in the private pool. Don't miss Moody Gardens which offers a zoo, gardens, beach, waterslides, paddlewheeler, cinemas, aquarium, penguin exhibits, and Rainforest. On the East side of the island, don't miss the Railroad Museum, Art Galleries on Postoffice Street, the Strand Historic District and shops, or see a play at East End Theater Company or the 1894 Grand Opera House. History buffs will enjoy the films about The Pirate Jean Lafitte and the 1900 Hurricane. Learn about oil rigs at the Ocean Starr Offshore Drilling Rig & Museum right around the corner from the historic 1877 Tall Ship Elissa. In the same area are many yummy restaurants or return to Bakers Landing with your fresh fish purchased on the next block from the Ocean Starr (or caught yourself on your fishing trip) and cook it to your taste in the full kitchen. If your schedule permits and you're a history buff, don't miss The Bishop's Palace also known as Gresham's Castle, designed by famous architect Nicholas Clayton. Also, enjoy a drive around the island's East End Historic District where you'll enjoy viewing many historic homes and possibly tour the fully-restored 28,000 square foot 1895 Moody Mansion. Want a free boat ride? Drive down to the Ferry Landing, park your car and walk onto the Bolivar Ferry where you'll cross to the peninsula and back and chance a porpoise sighting as well as cross paths with ships. Finally, seek out one of the eateries locals patronize such as Clary's (on the turn-off to Bakers Landing), Di Bella's Italian, Mario's (either one), Happy Buddha, Olympia Grill, Benno's on the Beach, Queen's Bar-B-Que or Rudy & Pacos. (If you're a bar-hopper, be careful about downtown Galveston. Many places are not safe to be.) Also, don't forget Galveston's newest attraction, THE PLEASURE PIER, at 25th and Seawall!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
My family stayed at Baker's Landing for a week. This was to be our family's summer vacation spot. It was perfect for us! The pool was awesome. My kids swam for hours everyday. The covered porch was ideal and the balcony was the perfect spot to watch the Moody Garden's firework show on Friday and Saturday night. My husband had a blast watching the kids catch crabs off the fishing dock. We even left our crab trap there so the next family could enjoy it. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfy. We will definately be back!
- Guest Angela (Lubbock, Tx)
- Date of stay 07/08/13
- Review Submitted 07/19/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway, age 55+.
Manager response: Thank you so much for your kind comments, Angela. We're glad your family enjoyed our home as much as we did growing up there. We found the crab trap.Thank you for leaving it for the next family to enjoy. We look forward to having you back in the future. Sincerely, The Baker Family
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Sep 6 - Dec 31
2 night min stay
Jan 1 - Feb 28
2 night min stay
Mar 1 - May 15
2 night min stay
May 16 - Sep 5
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change with approval of owners. Reserve with Bakers Landing management company: Gary Greene Vacation Rentals. 1-409-944-3220
Credit card arrangements
Additional Fees and Taxes:
All rates quoted are inclusive of all fees, taxes and insurance.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Hobby Airport, Houston at 37.2 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Galveston Ferry at 7.5 Miles
- Nearest Train: Galveston Railroad Museum at 5 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I-45 at 0.9 Miles
- Nearest Beach: 61st Street Beach at 3.5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Happy Buddha Restaurant & Bar at 3.3 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Moody Gardens Golf Course at 6.9 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Clary's Restaurant at 0.1 Miles
Year Purchased: 1955
About: Our parents build this house in 1963 after Hurricane Carla. Now that our parents have passed on, two of the four siblings couldn't bear to part with the home so we bought out the others, updated and refurbished it over the summer of 2012. We had a ball growing up here, fishing and swimming and playing touch football in the yard. We and our spouses are retired and enjoy fishing when the place is vacant. We hope other people will love Bakers Landing, named for our parents, as much as we do.
Why Private Homes:
This property is on a street that is the 'real' Galveston, Galveston as it was in the 50s and 60s when we grew up. There are mansions and there are fish camps and lots of homes in-between. The people are all friendly. The area is quiet and secure.
The Unique Benefits at this Bungalow:
For vacationers, one of the best things is that as soon as you cross the causeway, you turn off onto Teichman Road and come down the street to our home. When you're ready to start your vacation, you don't want to spend an hour or more after you hit the island driving around to your vacation home. Come to Bakers Landing and unpack. Have a quick drink on the porch, enjoy the one-of-a-kind views of Offatts Bayou, Moody Gardens, and the airport while other people are still driving to the other side of the island headed for the rental office and their rental, over an hour away.
- Primary: +1 409/9443220 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.(central time)7days a week
- Secondary: +1 800/8809697 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.(central time)7 days a week
- Fax: +1 4097375544 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.(central time) 7 days a week
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from the Bakers Landing porch.
The bayou from BL on a calm day.
Another view of the pier and sailboats blowing by.
Living area looking out onto porch.
Eating bar and another view of kitchen.
Kitchen. Fully stocked with large pots for cooking crabs and fish.
Floral room with water view.
Another view of the king-sized bed in the master.
Another view of 3rd bedroom.
Bathroom in master.
Party area under the porch, 2 tables seat 10. Half bath and outdoor shower.
Table and chairs on upstairs porch.
View of pool from porch upstairs.
Sunrise at Bakers Landing.
Living area with view into dining area.
Queen-sized sofa bed sleeps 2.
Built-ins can sleep two children in a pinch.
Refrigerator and pantry.
Nautical Room (Master) with private bath.
Beach Room: 3rd bdrm with access to the porch and wonderful water view. Sleeps 4
Hallway bathroom. Tub and toilet have door separating from sink.
Rockers on porch, looking out over pool and Offatts Bayou
View of the pool, porch, and house from backyard
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, November 21, 2013