VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
This home has direct ocean views from the living room, the dining room, the kitchen and the master bedroom! You can hear the surf from your bed at night!
This is a 3 bedroom, 3 bath private luxury home with a panoramic (sunset) view of the Ocean. This is not an 'ohana' (or in-law suite) associated with another house as some of them are. This is a separate house on it's own separate lot. This house has a private solar-heated pool…a hot tub with an ocean view…a printer, WiFi, and is a 5 minute drive to the main shopping and restaurant district in town and also to the closest beach. The house has an extensive video collection of 'favorite' movies (including children's movies), and has some toys for children. It has most appliances you could want. The back of this house overlooks the ocean and is very private. The front overlooks the mountains.
We call this house the 'Crystal House' because of the crystals found in the foyer and scattered around the yard.
The house is in Kailua-Kona about 2 miles south of the main part of town with many restaurants and shops. Kailua-Kona is the main tourist spot on The Big Island. It is on the sunny side of the island (as opposed to Hilo which is on the rainy side). It is 80-85 degrees and sunny almost every day of the year in Kona. Kailua-Kona is on the coastline of the island. The Big Island is a magical place to visit. It's easier to understand this magic once you come, since a lot of this has to do with the 'feeling' many people get while on the island.
This house has 3 bedrooms. The Master bedroom has a very comfortable king sized bed, the additional two bedrooms have very comfortable queen sized beds. Two bedrooms have air conditioning units in them. ...moreless
The house has two full baths and powder room. The master bathroom is luxurious with a Jacuzzi bath and separate shower. The two guest rooms share a nice bathroom with a shower/bath combination. The powder room is close to the living room/kitchen area. ...moreless
Many boardgames are in a drawer in the kitchen. ...moreless
Low Season 2015 Apr 1 - Nov 30, 2015 4 night min stay
High Season 2016 Dec 1 - Mar 31, 2016 5 night min stay
Low Season 2016 Apr 1 - Nov 30, 2016 5 night min stay
High Season 2017 Dec 1 - Mar 31, 2017 5 night min stay
Low Season 2017 Apr 1 - Nov 30, 2017 5 night min stay
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
Refundable Damage Deposit$400
We require 25% of the total due to secure your dates. The remainder is due 90 days prior to arrival. We do not offer a refund after these payments are made.
Check-in time is 4 PM and Check -out time is 11 AM.
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
Book with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
Getting around the Big Island is very simple since there is (pretty much) one highway going around the whole island. Check out the map of the island included in our photos. It's an excellent idea to get the book 'Hawaii The Big Island Revealed' before your visit.
SIMPLE BIG ISLAND VACATION PLAN OF MUST DO's: (see more details below)
1. Have Breakfast and coffee at Lava Java downtown 75-5799 Alii Drive- 327-2161 You may want to start every morning this way... Our # 1 'MUST DO'.
2. Lunch at The Coffee Shack. The view is 'wow'. (11 miles south on highway 11. (808) 328-9555)
3. Go to Huggo's for a fantastic dinner and view of the ocean followed by Huggo's on the Rocks (next door). downtown Kailua-Kona. http://www.restauranteur.com/huggos/. 808 329-1493. Needs reservation for Huggo's. Alii Drive, right of Royal Kona Resort.
4. Have Drinks at The Kona Inn- downtown on the water- Go for the view and the Mai Tai's. 75-5744 Alii Dr, 329-4010
5. Go to Hawi and eat at the Bamboo Restaurant for a very Hawaiian experience. Shop Hawi then go to Polulu Point (see more below).
6. Go Zip-Lining near Hawi!
7. Do the Sea Quest snorkeling and Cave trip boat tour with Captain Liam (2 miles from the house).
8. Drive to Volcano National Park (dont miss the Chain of Craters Road) and have lunch at Cafe Ono.
9. Drive to Hilo and see the Botanical Gardens, see Akaka Falls and eat at the 50's restaurant on the way.
10. Have a Lava Flow and snorkel at Kahalu'u Beach (2 miles away from the house, best snorkeling on island) and/or spend a day at (the more lush beach) Hapuna Beach, perhaps have lunch at the price Hotel next door- (45 minutes north).
11. Stroll through the Kona Outdoor Market open Wednesdays through Sundays. Downtown Kona next to St Michael's Church.
12. Go to a luau the Royal Kona Luau (2 miles from the house).
13. Check out some traditional Hawaiian take-out food to keep at the house. Kailua Pork gotten at the Kava Bar next to Wasabi's downtown and the 'Dynamite Poke' from Da Poke Shack on a mile away. Also Killer Taco's is a legend in Kona for take out tacos and the famous 'Barnyard Burrito'.
14. Consider para-sailing and Jet-skiing in close by downtown Kailua-Kona.
See below for much much more!
BEST BOOK TO GET: 'Hawaii The Big Island Revealed' (the blue book)- hands down.
The house offers a solar heated pool, an infra red sauna, an extensive video collection, and some toys.
We have boogie boards, surf boards, towels, beach chairs, coolers etc etc. Feel free to use anything.
A fantastic WALKING PATH is just up the street- (the Walua trail is 3 blocks up the hill to the right). This is a historic trail where donkeys used to deliver goods to this town. It is a fairly flat trail (hard to find in a hilly town like Kailua-Kona) and if you look you'll see mile markers, so you will know how long you've walked.
The house is close to one of the best snorkeling beaches on the island (Kahalu'u Beach Park), one of the best surfing spots (Lyman's Beach which you can see from the bedroom), 'Magic' Sands Beach (the beach is there... then it's 'not' there!) and Keauhou Bay (that offers many water activities- we love Sea Quest fast boat snorkeling and cave tours 329-7238 and dolphin excurions (see below for much more). In downtown Kona / Alii Drive you can sign up for parasailing, kayaking and jet-skiing.
.....Ask Laurie for the complete list of activities and restaurants- also included in our guest book in the house!
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: Jacob and Laurie love living on the Big Island and sharing it with others through rentals. We love helping you plan your stay as well!
The Unique Benefits at this House: This house is a private home with a private solar heated pool. It is beautiful, very comfortable and extremely quiet. It is about a two mile drive to Kailua-Kona town and has luxuries such as a hot tub, and an infra red sauna and you can hear the surf from your bed at night!
Primary:+01 8083290929The quickest response is by email.