Bring Your Party to the House at Wing Pointe!
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:1 night
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Hamburg house description
The House at Wing Pointe is situated in a Country Club setting - long winding driveway around the front lawn to a beautiful house in a wooded area. The outside sports three decks with plenty of outdoor furniture and a grill for relaxing. A gorgeous landscaped private swimming pool with a Jacuzzi and waterfall provide the perfect setting for leaving your world behind for awhile. Inside, the great room features a large stone fireplace with comfortable furnishings and a poker table. A loft master bedroom with marble bath is a retreat within the retreat. Four additional bedrooms and two full baths are on the lower level, leaving revelers on the main level of The House able to socialize without disturbing the early to bed guests. The kitchen, half bath, laundry room, dining room, great room and card nook, as well as access to the decks constitute the main level.
The House is located on site at Wing Pointe Corp - www.wingpt.com.
- 3000 sq. ft.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Booking Possible
- Housekeeper Optional
- Smoking Allowed:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Pets Considered
- Children Welcome
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 9-12
Bathrooms: 0 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Ice Maker
- Clothes Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Hair Dryer
- Living Room seats 10
- Air Conditioning
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
Pool & Spa
- Heated Pool
- Hot Tub
- Private Pool
- Outdoor Grill
- Lawn / Garden
- Deck / Patio
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water Skiing
- Hunting Small Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Rock Climbing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Scenic Drives
- Outlet Shopping
- Sight Seeing
- Winery Tours
- Gambling Casinos
- Bird Watching
- Massage Therapist
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- The House at Wing Pointe is a perfect getaway spot for the outdoorsy crowd. Five bedrooms (sleeps 9), three and a half baths, fireplace, swimming pool, Jacuzzi, poker table, and more. Just 8 miles from Cabela's and adjacent to Pa State Game lands, Blue Marsh Lake, Lake Ontelaunee, the Appalachian Trail, several local wineries, French Creek State Park, shooting ranges, fisheries, and excellent fly fishing streams. Many historical attractions, caves, coal mine trails, amusement parks, horseback riding, steam train excursions, horse and auto racing, rodeos. The local art center, The Goggle Works, houses a movie theatre and several galleries with varied exhibits as well as a chance to take an art class; glass blowing, pottery, woodworking, etc. An Imax theatre, The Sovereign Center Arena and Performing Arts Theatre offer shows and concerts as well as arena hockey and football. Various local annual fairs and festivals, including the Reading Fair and Kutztown Folk Festival, as well as Bower's Chili Pepper Festival and the Hamburger Festival in nearby Hamburg to mention a few. Close to the Harrisburg Farm Show Arena, where the PA Farm Show and the Sportsman's Show are hosted every year. The Mid Atlantic Air Museum's World War II Weekend is world renowned. Philadelphia is less than an hours drive - visit museums, the Liberty Bell, Zoo, Stadiums, South Street.... never a lack of things to do in the City of Brotherly Love. NYC is a two hour drive, enough said about that! Baltimore is a 2 hour drive, and Washington DC, 3 hours - or drive to Philadelphia and take the Amtrak train to DC, relax with a beverage in the dining car. Wing Pointe is in the middle of it all. We would love to have you. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
TERRIBLE, DO NOT RENT - ANT INFESTED KITCHEN & BROKEN POOL HEATER
TERRIBLE, DO NOT RENT - ANT INFESTED KITCHEN & BROKEN POOL HEATER
What should have started out as a wonderful weekend with friends quickly turned into a very stressful weekend. I initially booked this house based on the amenities and pictures of the house. The pool looked fantastic and the advertisement stated a heated pool. The house itself looked clean and large and I had high expectations. In total, there were 4 couples (8 people on this trip). When we arrived to the house, there were large ants crawling all over the kitchen floor, counters and cabinets. Additionally, there was a leak in the living room onto the couch. I immediately called the house manager. She stated that they had an exterminator come to kill the ants the prior day and that "we are in the country, there is nothing we can do." I was completely apalled by this answer and had to stop by a gas station to pick up Raid. We had to keep the food away from the kitchen and we all tried to refrain from going into the kitchen unless completely necessary. That evening, we wanted to dip into the pool but the heater was not on, so it was freezing cold to go into the pool. The manager said she would come to the house to show me how to turn it on. When she came the next day and turned on the heater, it blew up. It was smoking and it sounded like a gunshot at close range. I was completely startled and I understand that things happen beyond your control but this was just another issue to add to the list. On our last day, I called the manager and stated that the house was not as advertised and that there were so many issues we faced. The weekend was supposed to be relaxing and it was completely stressful so I requested a partial credit. She stated the owner would give me a partial credit. However, when I received the security deposit back, he only gave me 2/3 of the agreed credit. Now, my complaint is not about the money but about the fact that he could not HONOR what he initially said. It is the principle of the matter. In addition, this was the worst problematic house I have ever stayed in. The fact that the pool heater was broken, and the kitchen was ant infested is completely unacceptable as the house is not advertised accurately. If I had known, I would have booked a different house. I would recommend future renters not to rent this house.
- Guest Stephanie Y. (New York City)
- Date of stay 08/09/13
- Review Submitted 09/12/13
In some ways great, in some ways, not-so
In some ways great, in some ways, not-so
I stayed here for a weekend with our 10-person extended family ages 1 to 67. Here's what was great about the house: - Really accommodates 10 comfortably. The living space is huge and we could all ten sit at the table once we pulled in an addition. The kitchen likewise is large enough to cook for 10. - Clean. Mainly well-kept, except as listed below. - The manager's proxy was very nice and friendly and did his best for us. - The pool is very pretty and the grounds are as well. Here are the problems we encountered: - The pool's cleaning mechanism wasn't working. We could not swim there. Apparently it had just broken--our predecessors were able to swim. The gentleman in charge invited us to swim in a similar pool at their other house. We only attempted this one afternoon because: 1. We had to drive. (Big inconvenience with four children along.) 2. The pool was too cold to comfortably use for most of us and the gentleman didn't know how the controls worked and we couldn't figure it out. The "hot" tub was colder. 3. Someone else was staying at the other house and we felt we were intruding. - The grill's lighter was broken. - The plumbing was backwards in one of the showers--not a huge problem for some mechanisms, but in this case you increase heat and pressure with the same motion, so you could take a cold shower with pressure, or a hot shower without it. - The luxurious upstairs bathroom shower with two heads required two adults to turn it off. - The living room sports an offensive slave caricature ash tray. In consideration of these defects, I proposed a 50% refund and was granted a 13% one, with a promise of 20% off next time. I was told that the pool had required extensive repairs.
- Guest Kate E.
- Date of stay 07/19/13
- Review Submitted 09/01/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, families with young children.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Credit card (Visa MasterCard or Discover) required to hold the reservation. Payment of 1/2 when reservation is confirmed, balance (1/2) due 2 weeks prior to stay. $400.00 security deposit due 2 weeks before your rental.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
6% PA Sales tax. Housecleaning available at an extra charge of $460.00 for long term visits. $400.00 security deposit required.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Lehigh Valley Int'l ABE at 30 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: New York - New Jersey at 140 Miles
- Nearest Train: Philadelphia - Lancaster at 75 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Route 662 at Hamburg
- Nearest Beach: Atlantic City - New Jersey beaches at 140 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: The Quail's Nest at Hamburg
- Nearest Ski: Bear Creek at 25 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Golden Oaks at 5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: The Quail's Nest at Hamburg
Year Purchased: 1994
About: I am an upland game hunter and clay shooting enthusiast. This property became available and is perfect for my hobby.
This property was purchased and renovated with my family in mind. The kids brought the atvs, it's quiet and private, now, the kids have grown up and it's a shame for it to sit vacant.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The House is large - lots of room inside and out, and the pool is a great retreat within a retreat. Off the beaten path, but a short drive to shopping, etc.
- Primary: 610-562-6962
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The Great Room with the fireplace
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013