Beautiful Seaside Retreat Walking Distance to Lewes Beach and Town
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Lewes house description
Relax in this landmark Victorian with wrap-around porch and enjoy all that the picture-perfect town of Lewes has to offer. Staying here is like staying in your own private Bed & Breakfast. Property highlights include:
* just a few blocks to town with excellent shopping and restaurants
* under one mile easy walk to Lewes Beach (bay)
* local activities include kayaking, boating, swimming, beach-combing, bicycling, tennis and nearby playground for the kids.
* bicycle/drive to nearby Cape Henlopen State Park for sun and ocean surf, the Nature Center, free bike rental, walking/hiking paths and fishing.
* nearby outlet shopping, movies, mini-golf, sea shell shops, more restaurants, and Rehoboth and Bethany Beach.
ABOUT THE HOUSE
'The Pink Lady', built at the turn of the century, was recently completely renovated and updated to today's modern standards. There is two-zoned AC so that everyone stays very comfortable, high-speed WIFI, cable, fully-equipped kitchen, outdoor grill and large lawn.
At 3000 square feet, the home is one of the most spacious rental homes in the Historic District. The home is furnished with high-quality new furniture (including beds) and beautiful antiques. The home sleeps up to 12 people, in 4 bedrooms and the brand new queen sleeper in the family room. The main level bedroom works as a private living suite with bed and bath.
ON THE MAIN LEVEL: Enter through the front door to find a spacious living room with gas fireplace...formal dining room...Large, well-stocked, updated kitchen open to casual eating space and family room with sectional and 50' flat screen TV with DVD player. Access to driveway and door to porch from the family room. Many windows make the family room light and bright. The back bedroom has 2 twin beds, and full bathroom with clawfoot soaking tub.
UPSTAIRS: Master bedroom, with brand new King bed, own full bathroom (tub and shower), wood burning fireplace, large closets and TV/DVD...second bedroom with brand new Queen bed...and third bedroom with 2 full beds and gorgeous wood walls and cathedral ceiling...the second and third bedrooms share a full bath (shower and tub).
- 3000 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
Minimum Age Limit For Renters : Renters must be at least 25 years old. All overnight guests must be at least 25 years old unless related to the renter. Sorry, no high school or college groups....moreless
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 10-12
- 4 bedrooms: 3 upstairs (including master) and one on the main level. Master has private bathroom (tub and shower) as does the bedroom on the main level. All bedrooms have brand new or newer mattresses. Additional queen mattress in brand new, high quality sleep sofa in the family room on the main level....moreless
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ice Maker
- Coffee Maker
- Air Conditioning:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- DVD Player
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Car Not Necessary
- Fitness Center
- Pier Fishing
- Outlet Shopping
- Medical Services
- Jet Skiing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Bird Watching
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Lewes is a very special town, sometimes called the Nantucket of Delaware. As the 'first town in the first state' of the US, Lewes is a town of historical significance, but the best parts of Lewes are what is found today: wonderful restaurants, great local small-town shops, canal-front parks, and of course the beach. We especially enjoy 'Agave' a very popular Mexican restaurant on Second Street, and the local coffee shop (Lewes Bake Shoppe), and our son can often be seen enjoying a fine cup of tea while reading the day away at Cafe Azafran. Another wonderful thing about Lewes is that you can enjoy both bay and ocean beaches because the town is situated where the Delaware Bay meets the Atlantic Ocean. Just across the Canal you will find Lewes Beach, a wonderfully accessible beach with plentiful parking and shower/restroom facilities for your convenience. From the house you can easily walk or bicycle to the beach. It's a great beach for young children. If you prefer stronger waves, Cape Henlopen State Park is just down the road -- we usually bicycle to it. There's a large bathhouse for changing before you enter the beach. There is also a very charming Nature Center with hands-on activities for the kids, and free bicycles for your use if you need them. The bike path around the State Park takes you past the historic Henlopen Lighthouse and the site of U.S. army bunkers that were built along the coast to spot enemy ships in 1941. The 5193-acre park contains a wealth of natural beauty. In addition to the attractive bay and ocean beaches, the Gordon's Pond Wildlife Area features a unique saltwater inpoundment. Hiking trails and interpretive displays throughout the park help visitors to learn about the fascinating natural features found at Cape Henlopen State Park. Finally, for lots of waves, people, and boardwalk fun Rehoboth Beach is just a short drive away. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Perfect for a group getaway - home is lovely and owner is so kind and easy to work with!
Perfect for a group getaway - home is lovely and owner is so kind and easy to work with!
We came to Lewes for a family wedding, and this home provided us the perfect opportunity to reconnenct with our different family members staying with us from all over the US. Christine, the owner, was so easy to work with - incredibly responsive and accommodating. The home was charming and spacious - it surpassed our expectations. The home is right in the center of town, a very close walk to shops and restaurants, and only a mile or so away from the beach. We loved it - and everyone is still raving about what a great time we had. I would definitely recommend staying here. Thank you Christine!
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 11/07/13
- Review Submitted 11/18/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, families with young children, girls getaway, age 55+, tourists without a car.
We had a great time. It all worked out for all members of our family. A nice location, close to the center of Lewes and not too far from the beach.
- Guest Robert M.
- Date of stay 09/14/13
- Review Submitted 09/23/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, age 55+, tourists without a car.
"The Pink Lady" is a beautiful home. The decor is all upscale and VERY detailed. The wrap around porch is great to sit out on and enjoy your cup of coffee in the morning. And it is only two blocks north of the main strip in Lewes where you'll find several shops, restaurants and the best homemade icecream. It is located on a quiet street, which made for a peaceful weekend. We will definitely rent the Pink Lady again. The owner is very responsive and always responded to our questions in a timely manner. The postcards were a nice a touch as well.
- Guest Andrea P. (Delaware)
- Date of stay 05/30/13
- Review Submitted 06/08/13
Our stay at the "Pink Lady" could not have been any better for our annual Mother/Daughter Weekend. The home is absolutely beautiful, with all the charm and comfort needed for all 9 of us. The walking distance to shopping and restaurants was perfect and it helped to have a market right around the corner as well. The owner, Chris, was more than helpful in every way. So much so that I couldn't wait to call her once we entered the home to tell her how beautiful everything was and how I may want to move in!! The master bedroom was the biggest bonus and rocking on the chairs on the front porch was lovely. I, as well as all of my family members, truly loved our stay and hope to return in the future!
- Guest michele b.
- Date of stay 05/16/13
- Review Submitted 06/04/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, age 55+, tourists without a car, romantic getaway.
We stayed for a long weekend at The Pink Lady and it is stunning. Every room was decorated beautifully. The attention to detail in this Victorian was gorgeous and the location to downtown Lewes ideal. Would highly recommend this house!
- Guest Jill (Wyndmoor, PA)
- Date of stay 05/03/13
- Review Submitted 05/15/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, families with young children, age 55+, romantic getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 1 - Jun 13, 2014
3 night min stay
Jun 14 - Aug 29, 2014
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
Aug 30 - Nov 21, 2014
3 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Summer weekly rentals run SATURDAY to SATURDAY. Rates subject to change. Please contact owner if you wish to rent for more than 7 nights. Bed linens may be available at the property but are NOT guaranteed.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- cleaning: $100
- Tax Rate 5%
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: We've been coming to Lewes for well over 20 years and absolutely love it here. It's a special town and well-kept secret. When our children were young we found Lewes Beach to be the perfect sand-castle building spot. Now that they are older, they still enjoy the beach but also take full advantage of the kayaking, fishing, bicycling and shopping options around town. We never run out of things to do or places to explore in Lewes. When we need a little more hustle-bustle we head over to Rehoboth for the boardwalk (Funland is the favorite boardwalk attraction) but we are always very happy to return to Lewes.
Why the Owner Chose Lewes:
On one of my early trips to Lewes I noticed this house, and more importantly all the fun that people were having on the porch, and fell in love with it immediately. It just looked like a fun, comfortable place to be, and it became my dream to own a place like this. When this very house was listed for sale it was truly a dream come true, and I am absolutely thrilled to be able to share this special home with others.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
I want to make this special house comfortable and inviting for all who visit it. We've furnished it with a combination of lovely antiques and high-end new furniture. We always welcome your feedback in order to make the home even better, but we are confident you will enjoy your stay.
- Primary: 703-362-7764 7 days a week
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Welcome to 'The Pink Lady'
Living Room with a combination of new furniture and antiques
Full equipped kitchen
Family room with Queen sleeper sofa in sectional
Casual dining space in family room
Spacious master bedroom with private full bathroom, tv/dvd, and large closets
upstairs bedroom with 2 full beds
Main level bedroom with 2 twin beds and private bathroom
See you in Lewes!
Our favorite ice cream shop -- Kings Ice Cream
Wrap around porch
Gas fireplace in Living Room
Casual dining space connected to kitchen
Original stained glass in hallway leading upstairs
another bedroom with Queen bed and antiques
Unique cathedral ceiling in bedroom with 2 full beds
Relax on the wrap-around porch
Town Pagoda - perfect place to rest after shopping
the beach in winter
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, December 03, 2013
4 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.