VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
The house offers 4000 square feet of living accommodation and has been totally renovated in keeping with the traditional Provencal style but with the ultimate in contemporary comfort.
The buildings nestle in lovely mature gardens decorated with a field of lavender bushes, rose laurels, hydrangeas, wisteria and roses.
Simply stunning modern construction using natural materials to create a contemporary design that focuses attention on the olive grove and Alpilles Mountain view. The interior boasts high ceilings, tasteful art and lots of light and air. The exterior is reminiscent of scenes painted by Van Gogh in the area surrounding the quaint but sophisticated village of Eygalieres Near St Remy and Les Baux de Provence.
The property is 1 mile from the centre of Eygalières in the heart of Provence in a peaceful oasis and enjoys magnificent views of the Alpilles mountains. Eygalières is a trendy yet uncrowded and lovely Provençal village which has remained authentic and full of character and charm.
The 6 acres (2.4 hectares) enclosed property has landscaped gardens with a wide array of different trees - cypress, pine, oak and fruit trees (cherry, fig, apricot, almond, hazelnut, quince) and an olive grove of almost 300 olive trees.
The house is made up of two independent buildings and can accommodate 10 people – the smaller pavilion has two double rooms each with en suite bathrooms while the larger house includes the large living room, kitchen and dining room, home cinema as well as three double rooms each with en suite bathroom.
Both houses are on one level making it well suited for elderly people or those in wheelchairs.
The house’s rooms are large and bright and comprise: - a spacious living room (over 50 m2) with stone fire place and cathedral ceiling 5m high and views over facing the Alpilles mountains
- a fully equipped kitchen close to both dining rooms, with a separate laundry room
- five large air conditioned double bedrooms, each with a private bathroom. Each room has a private entrance.
Master Suite Four poster King size bed, en-suite bathroom (bath and shower), hair dryer, air conditioning, underfloor heating, private terrace, extra sofa (convertible into an additional double bed), Plasma TV, Euro Zone 2 DVD, with link to Bedroom 2
Bedroom 2 2 Twin four poster beds, en-suite bathroom (shower), hair dryer, air conditioning, underfloor heating, private terrace, Plasma TV, Euro Zone 2 DVD
Bedroom 3 2 Twin beds that can be made as a King, en-suite bathroom (bath), hair dryer, air conditioning, underfloor heating, Plasma TV
Bedroom 4 2 Twin beds that can be made as a King, en-suite bathroom (bath), hair dryer, air conditioning, underfloor heating, Plasma TV, Euro Zone 2 DVD, with link to Bedroom 5
Bedroom 5 2 Twin beds that can be made as a King, en-suite bathroom (shower), hair dryer, air conditioning, underfloor heating
Outdoor Features • Large shaded external dining area by the house and another one out next to the pool • Heated swimming pool (15m x 5m with retractable cover for security) surrounded by both terraces and lawns (shaded and sunny) • Hammock and sun loungers with parasols • Large gazebo with shaded dining area • Terraces around the house with sun loungers and parasols • Pool side shower and changing room • Pool side kitchen • Gas Grill BBQ • Petanque/ boules pitch • Trampoline • Table tennis
The fenced property is reached through an iron gate equipped with a remote control. The gate can be opened from inside the house.
The house includes: • Air conditioning and heated floors (all rooms) • Dining for 10-12 people (inside and outside under pergola shaded by jasmine) • Brand new ultra-modern large kitchen (fully equipped by Siemens, 2 fridges, 2 freezers, 2 dishwashers, 2 plate warmers), espresso coffee machine • Laundry room with washer and dryer and ice maker • WIFI internet access (around the house) • Playroom/home cinema with widescreen 50' LCD Sky satellite TV and 5.1 surround sound with foreign channels (BBC, CNN, Disney...) • Satellite flat screen TVs each with Euro Zone 2 DVD players in each bedroom (plus 50 DVDs) • iPod speaker system and HiFi system • Baby Crib/ Cot, High Chair
Sheets and towels and separate pool towels provided. Six hours of cleaning is provided during the week usually 3 hours each on Tuesday and Thursday (extra cleaning hours 15 euros an hour. Please book early). After departure cleaning service is included.
Villa Policies • Maximum 10 guests • Children Welcome • Non Smoking Villa • Pets are not allowed • Security deposit to be held on credit card • Check-in: 3:00 pm • Check-out: 11.00 am • All rentals run from Saturday to Saturday • Arrivals on Sundays, Holidays, and late at night are generally not possible
CUSTOMER ENDORSEMENTS “The Mas is an extraordinary destination. I have stayed in many beautiful rental homes in Provence over the past 10 years, but this house is very special. The setting is amazing - from the wonderfully furnished terraces there is nothing in front of you except Van Gogh's Alpilles. You feel like you are in the middle of the painting. The home itself is the most wonderful mix of sophistication and tradition. Beautiful high end furnishings, fully air conditioned, supremely comfortable bedrooms, gorgeous baths, a marvelous kitchen with every possible amenity, from the double fridges and dishwashers, to the great built in espresso machine for the perfect morning cappuccino. All of this surrounded by manicured gardens of lavender, green lawns, a profusion of flowers, an olive grove, a huge heated pool, with separate pool kitchen and pool bath house.” Mrs S from California
“Secluded, secure, beautiful. It’s my favorite Provence destination.” Mrs W from USA
“The house, the pool and its surrounding garden is beautiful and well maintained. The place is very quiet but also close to the village of Eygalières”. Mr F from Switzerland
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Book with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
This is quintessential Provence - dazzling summers, olive trees, vineyards, hilltop villages, Roman ruins...
The house is ideally located to discover Provence as Eygalières (with its own 1 Michelin star restaurant Chez Bru) is in the middle of the major sights.
• within 15 minutes are St Rémy de Provence (beautiful and trendy provencal town) and les Baux de Provence (a spectacular historical medieval fortress and adjoining village together with the renown 2 Michelin star restaurant L’Oustau de Baumaniere).
• within one half hour's drive are Avignon, Arles, Tarascon and le Lubéron region's hilltop villages Gordes, Ménérbes, Roussillon, Bonnieux and the Sénanques Abbaye.
• within one hour's drive are Aix en Provence, the famous Chateauneuf-du-Pape vineyards, Orange, Vaison la Romaine, le Pont du Gard (famous Roman aqueduct and spectacular bridge), Nîmes, Uzés, la Camargue, Marseilles, the Mediterranean sea, les Calanques de Cassis.
When you just want to relax, you will enjoy our lovely pool and exceptional surroundings. Add to this the gentle country and Alpilles views, shaded outdoor dining and shaded poolside areas and you have an idyllic, restful holiday retreat.
• Markets/marchés (Local fruits, vegetables, foods and products) in surrounding villages
• Numerous local brocante fairs,
• Major antiques market in l' Isle sur la Sorgue, a small town 15 miles away.
• Major Festivals: - Avignon, - Aix en Provence, - Orange, - La Roque d'Antheiron.
• Bullfights in Nimes and Arles.
There are many fine restaurants and pleasant bistros/bars with shaded and sunny terraces in the area in:
• Eygalières and its 6 very nice and pleasant Provencal restaurants (Michelin 1 star Chez Bru)
• Saint-Rémy, 15 minutes away, an also trendy and busier town (while maintaining Provence's uncrowded feeling) with numerous restaurants and bars,
• Les Baux de Provence, 20 minutes away, famous Michelin 2 star l'Oustau de Beaumaniere
• Avignon, 30 minutes away, a beautiful Provencal city, classified in UNESCO's world heritage, with its papal palace, the largest gothic monument in the world, home of the Catholic church in the middle ages, and its world renown cultural festival in July.
• Aix en Provence, 45 minutes away, another beautiful Provencal city which, like Avignon, has an old and exceptional downtown which is wonderful to stroll in.
• Marseilles, 1 hour away, a Mediterranean sea jewel, and its spectacular ocean front Michelin 3 star restaurant Le Petit Nice
• cycling with rentals nearby,
• golf with three beautiful golf courses within 15 miles (Servannes, Pont Royal, and Les Baux),
• horseback riding for adults and children, with countryside tours,
• rock climbing,
• tennis in Eygalieres
• Kayaking down the beautiful Sorgue or Gardon going under the famous Roman aqueduct Pont du Gard, and much more.
Marseilles and Nîmes both 45 minutes away.
Avignon TGV station 30 minutes away. Paris 2h30 train ride away.