Mariner's Loft - Our Oasis on Saltspring Island
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets allowed:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Newly completed, Mariner's Loft is ready to receive our Guests! There are six two bedroom homes, 1,000 square feet, with a combination of King and Queen sized beds. Each home also has a Queen sized sofa bed in the Living Room. The penthouse in the 'Crowsnest' is a generous 1,800 square feet with 3 King bedrooms. Every suite has a gorgeous state of the art kitchen complete with stainless steel Whirlpool appliances, and recycled composite glass countertops. There is a Gas fireplace in the Living Room of each home, Flat screen T.V.'s in the Living Room and master bedroom, over length soaker tubs and freestanding showers. The suites at Mariner's Loft are beautifully furnished and appointed. A short 4 minute walk from your home at Mariner's Loft brings you to the heart of Ganges, the 'Martha's Vinyard'of the West Coast!
Ganges is a Village renown for its artistic and gastronomic virtues. There are twelve restaurants within walking distance, with many of them that offer live music year round (including the weekends during the winter), and grocery stores, a fresh fish and seafood store, bakeries, delis and wine stores close at hand for those wanting to prepare meals at home.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
- Pets Considered
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Limited Accessibility
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
- Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- A wonderful destination! Come and hide away in your suite, cozy up to the warmth of the gas fireplace in winter time, soak in the extra long soaker tub, and sleep well in our brand new Sealy beds. Venture out of doors to experience the wonderful restaurants, pubs and bistros just a 4 minute walk from the comfort of your luxurious suite at Mariner's Loft....moreless
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Ocean View
- Car Not Necessary
- Massage Therapist
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Mountain Biking
- Winery Tours
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- The property is located on a rocky bluff overlooking the ocean, Ganges Harbour and the Marina. Only a four minute walk to 'downtown' Ganges, there are multiple attractions within the small village. There are many restaurants and Bistros in Ganges for every taste and budget. On the high end is the acclaimed restaurant at Hastings House, and House Piccolo. Live music is featured at the funky Tree House, The Saltspring Inn and the Harbour House. On a recent long weekend, they had a Sitar player at the Tree House, a wonderful young fiddler at the Saltspring Inn and an energetic South American Jazz trio at the Harbour House. There are also many art galleries in Ganges and studio tours available to see artists works around the Island. Also on the Tour program are visits to the Goat Cheese Factory, The soap factory, and three local wineries. In addition to the famous Saltspring Island Market in the Park which is held in Ganges every Saturday from April 1 to the end of October there is the Folk Dance Festival April 28- May 2, the Painters Guild Annual Show from April 14-29, Jazz Fest from June 13-15 and the Fall Fair from September 16-18 among many other events. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great view of Ganges Harbour
Great view of Ganges Harbour
We had a wonderful weekend at Mariner's Loft with our daughter and son in law. It was perfect to sit and enjoy the great view , had all of the essentials to cook a great dinner and was just a few minutes walk from the shops and market in Ganges.. The condo is new and clean and very well appointed . It is a very relaxing environment. Salt Spring Island has a variety of activities that included visiting a winery and driving up Mt Maxwell.
- Guest Brownie
- Date of stay 04/19/13
- Review Submitted 05/23/13
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway, romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+.
This is a wonderful place to stay
This is a wonderful place to stay
I just got back from a girls weekend on Salt Spring Island. We were lucky enough to have chosen the Mariner's Loft as our place to stay. It was wonderful!. There were 4 of us and 3 beds so we were able to work it all the sleeping arrangements easily. It is a quick walk to Ganges with numerous restaurants to choose from, a quick walk to the Saturday market... This was just a great location overall. The newness of Mariner's Lodge was also an added bonus. All of us said that we would want to stay here again if we go back~ And we really hope to go back as it Ganges / Salt Spring Island is amazing. I was surprise at how much there was to do and see on the island. I would highly recommend staying at hte Mariner's Loft.
- Guest fxdsegrl
- Date of stay 05/03/13
- Review Submitted 05/07/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway, romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+.
SPRING - $275 Sun-Thurs, $295 Fri-Sat. $1,750 weekly SUMMER - $350 Sun-Thurs, $375 Fri-Sat. $2,350 weekly FALL - $275 Sun-Thurs, $295 Fri-Sat. $1,750 weekly WINTER - $200 Sun-Thurs, $225 Fri-Sat. $1,000 weekly, $3,000 monthly PENTHOUSE RATES SPRING & FALL - $400 Sun-Thurs, $450 Fri-Sat. $2,750 weekly SUMMER - $500 Sun-Thurs, $550 Fri-Sat. $3,600 weekly WINTER - $300 Sun-Thurs, $350 Fri-Sat. $2,000 weekly, $6,000 monthly
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Before paying contact the owner to confirm payment details.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner/manager for more information.
- Nearest Airport: victoria international Airport at 40 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Vesuvius to Crofton, Fulford Harbour to Victoria at 8 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Ganges Road at 200 Metres
- Nearest Beach: Ganges at 300 Metres
- Nearest Barpub: Saltspring Inn at 300 Metres
- Nearest Golf: Saltspring Golf Club at 4 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Ganges at 500 Metres
Year Purchased: 2010
About: I am a local businessman on Vancouver Island. I have been involved in the hospitality industry for many years, creating memorable experiences for my patrons and customers.
I built this property because I wanted a retreat from my busy life on Vancouver Island. When the Penthouse is vacant I plan to spend as much time as I can enjoying the Saltspring life. The property I chose for Mariner's Loft is the only property with hotel zoning in the town of Ganges, and the views to Ganges Harbour and the Gulf Islands are second to none. I detailed and furnished these units as I would my own home, and created large outdoor decks off each unit to enjoy a dinner party, a barbecue, or just a coffee in the morning overlooking the Marina and the Seaplanes taking off and landing in the distance. I find it so relaxing to be in my beautiful creation that I wanted to share it with others looking for a relaxing respite from their busy lives. It is perfect for longer term stays in the winter, for Snow Birds to enjoy our benign maritime climate, or for weekenders or weekly stays in the Summer for people looking for a well deserved break from busy live
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
As the only brand new hotel rental facility on Saltspring Island, it suits long term stays and weekenders. Our full elegant kitchens encourage meals at home, with the abundant local produce, fish and famous Saltspring Island lamb available, all within walking distance of your suite. Throw the car keys away- even tours of wineries, art galleries and studios can be reached by shuttle (there is even a horse and carriage available for those seeking a more leisurely excursion!). Our units are newly furnished and feature paintings and art work by local Saltspring Artists.
- Primary: (250) 743-1720
- Secondary: 250 514 1897
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Mariner's Loft on it's rocky perch overlooking the waterfront and marina.
View from the deck of one of the suites at Mariner's Loft-Ganges Harbour Marina
Living room from typical suite overlooking deck and ocean
Large expansive entertaining deck off living room. Barbecue with piped gas.
Breakfast bar adjacent to kitchen
Modern kitchen with brand new Whirlpool appliances
King bed with view to ocean
dining room with expandable table for dinner parties
corner suite with views to harbour
view of living room from patio
View of Ganges Harbour from Penthouse
view from bathtub through fireplace in penthouse
Mariner's Loft peeking out! Taken from the Ganges Marina.
View of the suite entrances from the gated parking area off Rainbow Road
living room with a view
view to covered patio
breakfast bar with Quartz counter top
corner view of kitchen
king bed with view to landscape
Modern bathroom ensuite to one master bedroom in each suite
view from kitchen to living room and ocean views beyond
living room with gorgeous ocean views
master bathroom in penthouse with gas fireplace separating bed area from bath.
kitchen in Penthouse with vaulted wood ceiling and timber trusses.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013