Club Montecchio - Home from Home in Tuscany
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:N/A
- Pets allowed:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
WHY A 'CLUB'?
Mainly because this area offers so much that we hope guests will want to visit more than once.
But also because we offer so much more than a conventional 'self catering rental'. We think our guests should know what their stay will cost, with no hidden 'extras', so our 'fully inclusive rates cover:
- a generous WELCOME HAMPER of speicality foods & wines supplied by top quality local suppliers; as much of our COMPLIMENTARY MONTECCHIO HOUSEWINE as you wish; 'New for 2013' our COMPLIMENTARY COCKTAILS TRAY of branded spirits & liqueurs such as limoncello
- ALL ENERGY COSTS - even logs for fires, and charcoal for the bbq
- continuity in Fragonard toiletries, and most daily consumables(everything from dishwasher tablets to Montecchio's own olive oil!)
- all linens & towels(inc pool) with cleaning & change of linens every 3-4 days & at end of stay; baby cots(with linens) & high chairs, where required
- indoor & outdoor games, as well as pool toys for the large pool(19m x 6m); DVD & Video libraries with a wide choice for all ages & tastes
- FREE WIFI
The result, we think, is a comfortable vacation villa, that really feels like 'HOME FROM HOM', from the moment that you walk through the front door. We hope that you will be tempted to come and judge for your self!
MONTECCHIO, a reconstructed Tuscan farmstead, is made-up of 5 beautifully appointed,adjoining houses. It is home in Italy to Penny and James Benfield. Two of the houses are offered as luxury holiday homes ; one sleeping up to 6, and the other 4-5.
All are equipped to a very high standard,and furnished with antiques and country furniture from Penny and James' private collection.They can be rented SINGLY,or in COMBINATION.
SEE PROPERTY WEBSITE FOR LATEST AVAILABILITY FOR BOTH HOUSES
Montecchio is approached along a breathtaking 200 year old cypress tree alley. The Villa is situated on the highest point of the beautiful and historic VILLA ARCENO wine estate in southern Chianti.
The 2000 plus acre estate has 30 farmhouses spread amidst woodland, vineyards and olive groves. From it's stunning location, Montecchio has breathtaking 360 degree views, and a large pool (19x6 meter)set amid olive trees on a southfacing terrace, below the Villa.
Montecchio offers peace and tranquility with luxurious accomodation, in a spectacular setting. The surrounding area offers a wealth of choice, and the best in Tuscan architecture, culture, fine food and wine.Penny and James take pleasure in sharing their home,as well as their knowledge of the area,it's fine restaurants and famous wineries.
L'OLIVETO, the largest of the two rentals is a spacious 3 bedroom, east-facing house with spectacular views accross the estate's olive groves and woodlands towards Monte Amiata and the Appenines.
Sleeps 6 and offers :
- a large terrace with covered pergola,ideal for breakfasting ouside while the sun rises
- groundfloor king double with ensuite showerroom
- groundfloor fourposter double with ensuite bathroom
- twin with iron bedsteads,ensuite showerroom and spectacular first-floor views to Monte Amiata(can be made up as double)
- large firstfloor saloon/lounge with magnificent 'hammer & anvil' beams & Tuscan fireplace
- Tuscan style kitchen/diningroom
- utility room with washer,ironing board & safe
- large east-facing terrace & covered pergola
- hammock between olive trees in privacy of garden
SEE PROPERTY WEBSITE FOR MORE COMPREHENSIVE INFORMATION,MORE PHOTOS AND LATEST AVAILABILITY BY HOUSE(see below)
Keywords: Luxury Vacation Homes
- Vacation Rental
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- 3.0 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Bathroom 3
Kitchen & Dining
- Catering Available:
- Cooking Utensils:
- Air Conditioning:
- Linens Provided:
- Covered Parking
- Nespresso machines in all houses - capsules supplied.
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Wireless Internet
- Outdoor Grill
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Hot Air Ballooning
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
2013 WEEKLY RATES FOR L'OLIVETO, 3 bedroom house, sleeps 6. JAN-APRIL: eu1,750(min 5nts)// MAY: eu2,400(min 5nts)// June: eu2,700(min 1wk) JULY-AUG : eu3,100(min stay 1 wk) //SEP-OCT : eu2,300//NOV-DEC : eu1,750(min 5nts) Includes luxury welcome hamper,free housewine & olive oil throughout,energy costs, linens(inc pool towels),Fragonard toiletries,consumables(washing powder etc) JULY-AUG min stay 1 week-Saturday arrivals;request daily rates for other periods. Security deposit eu500 by check (or cash - returned within 2 weeks of departure).
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Before paying contact the owner to confirm payment details.
Call the owner directly to confirm reservation details and pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer), to protect your payment up to $1,000.
Year Purchased: 1998
About the owner: Penny & James Benfield had the good fortune to 'fall over' the best spot on the beautiful Villa Arceno wine estate as they were contemplating what to do after 30 years of living in London.Having been spoilt by jet set corporate lifestyle and lots of travel,it needed to be something exceptional,that indulged their enjoyment of good food & wine,in a beautiful setting,but away from developed centres of tourism.
Why the Owner Chose Castelnuovo Berardenga:
Because it's a piece of paradise,in a stunning location,on a private wine estate,with an amazing selection of outstanding places to eat.....and that matters to us !
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Unparalleled peace & tranquility in accomodation that was purpose developed to give 'home from home' comfort & luxury.The owners' in-depth knowledge of the area,and it's amenities,with the 'inside track' on everything from which local restaurants are 'hot' currently,to where to park safely & legally in Florence.
- Primary: +44 787 947 6002
Our front drive! Cypress Tree Alley leading to Villa Casale Montecchio.
Our Luxury Welcome Hamper
The Villa's large private pool
L'Oliveto's first floor lounge
L'Oliveto's King double bedroom
One of L'Oliveto's ensuite Bathrooms
Hammock in L'Oliveto's private garden
Sunrise from L'Oliveto's terrace
L'Oliveto, our 3 bedroom house, sleeps up to 6
Free Montecchio housewine throughout your stay!
L'Oliveto's first floor lounge
L'Oliveto's Tuscan style kitchen
L'Oliveto's Fourposter double bedroom
L'Oliveto's Twin bedroom
View from L'Oliveto's lounge
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2004.
Date last modified - Friday, March 08, 2013