Cheat River, Mountain Cabin, Kayak -Canoe Fishing Getaways
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
St. George cabin description
Close to Elkins, Canaan Valley, Black Water Falls...This cabin is furnished with all of your modern amenities. The kitchen has a stove and microwave and frig with all your cooking supplies including dishes and pans. The bathroom has a large shower stall with a built in bench. The bedroom has a oversized single over a full log bunk bed. The room opens to a outside deck perfect for relaxing and star gazing. The living room has a pull out single sleeper sofa and comfortable side chair for reading or watching the wall mounted flat screen TV with Direct TV service. Outside is a large front porch to relax on and take in all the mountain views or just listen to the creek water flowing or the birds chirping. The back deck that is located from the bedroom is great for gathering and perfect for star gazing. There is a pic-nic table outside and a fire ring as well as an outdoor grill. If you are looking for a quaint cabin getaway with river and creek access along with walking trails and beautiful mountain fresh air this cabin is for you. This cabin is somewhat secluded although it is easily accessible and close to lots of WV tourist spots, Canaan Valley, Elkins, Thomas, The Purple Fiddle, The Smallest Church, the Allegheny Bike Trail, Seneca Rocks and so much more. Elkins Speedway, dirt tracks.
- 510 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Wheelchair Accessible
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Child's Highchair
- Pantry Items
- Linens Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Air Conditioning
- We rent kayaks, canoes, tubes and we sell fishing supplies at our General Store & Grill. Our neighbor business provides white water rafting trips in the summer months. He is located one mile from our properties. We also have camping spots along the Cheat River, for group camping or individual. We have a general store and grill with free WiFi available on the property....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water View:
- Cross Country Skiing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Mountain Climbing
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Rock Climbing
- Water Tubing
- Mountain Biking
- Basketball Court
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Scenic Drives
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Our properties are located in the beautiful wild and wonderful mountains and on the Cheat River in St. George, WV. We have many walking trails, river activities and even a stocked trout creek and pond all on the property. We will have a general store and grille on the property as well. These vacation cabins are located within a short drive from Canaan Valley and Elkins WV. The town of Thomas WV 12 miles away has riverfront shops and eateries. Black Water Falls is a must see and it's only 15 miles. The head of Allegheny Bike Trail is located here in Parsons, 6miles away and is a beautiful drive to Elkins and Thomas/Davis. We are a short drive from Oakland Md. and Deep Creek Lake, about 30 mountain miles. White Grass cross country ski is about 20 miles and Snowshoe Resort is 45 miles from the properties. We are surrounded by scenic roads and byways perfect for motorcycles and cars alike. There is so much to see within short day trips or you can just kick back and relax on your porch or down by the river or creek. The property is great for walking, running and hiking with creek view and riverfront and mountain terrains. It is absolutely relaxing and perfect for taking beautiful pictures and bird watching, who knows you may even sight a beaver or a deer along your journey....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
It was wonderful to come to Tucker County and spend time with family. I had relatives who booked hotel rooms in Elkins. I wanted to stay close to Parsons and I found this gem. I stayed in cabin 1. Which has wi-fi and a landline telephone. There were two adults and plenty of room. The cabin was the cleanest I have ever seen. It got cold one night and the heat kept the whole cabin warm. Loved the hiking trails on the property. Super friendly, accomodating staff. Also loved that the cabin was disability accessible. It was a bonus to learn the owners use proceeds to give wounded veterans and their families outdoor experiences. They also have kayaks for rent at their general store.
- Guest Shellie C.
- Date of stay 10/16/13
- Review Submitted 11/20/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, people with disabilities, age 55+, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, families with young children, sightseeing.
The Great Place to Get Away
The Great Place to Get Away
We enjoyed our stay in the cabin over a weekend. I think it is very beautiful and cozy place to spend time with a family. There are a lot of great places to fish in a river or a creek, which is just a walking distance from the cabin. There a few nice trails for hikers and a beautiful national park “Black Water Falls”, which is only 20 min away from the cabin. Owners were also very nice and helpful. We defiantly will visit this place again.
- Guest Dmytro (Rockville, MD)
- Date of stay 08/30/13
- Review Submitted 09/09/13
Loved our stay
Loved our stay
My husband and I stayed for a week and couldn't have been happier with the experience. The owners were very helpful and friendly and the cabin was perfect for us. All the comforts of home - hot water, cable, wifi, etc - while providing all the best parts of camping - gorgeous surroundings, peace and quiet, right on the creek. We spent our time relaxing outdoors and generally spending time at the river. It's also worth noting that the cabin is truely wheelchair accessible. You can see the ramp in the photos but what you don't see is that the hallways and doorways are wide and the bathroom is fully equipped for wheelchair access (wide, with rails near the toilet and rails/seating in the shower). We will definitely consider going back!
- Guest Caitlin (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania )
- Date of stay 08/12/13
- Review Submitted 08/27/13
Recommended for: People with disabilities, age 55+, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers.
My family and the other couple that went with us had a great time here. The river was perfect to let the kids play in, cabins are the cutest I have ever seen, had everything we needed. I cant wait to come back this fall to see the fall foliage.
- Guest Anne G.
- Date of stay 06/21/13
- Review Submitted 06/26/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
- Tax Rate 12%
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This manager accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Train: Elkins WV at 22 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: StateRoad 72 at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: CJ'S Pizza at 6 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Canaan Valley at 20 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Holly Meadows Golf at 3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Patriots 4 Grill...on site at 0.1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About: This Property is part of Patriots4, the 4 represents... Two Siblings, Robin Lane West and Al 'Sparky' Lane and their spouses, Randy West and Joan Brackett Lane. We love the outdoors and the beautiful mountains in Tucker County, WV. Part of our proceeds from Rentals goes to hosting a wounded veteran and his or her family, here at our property, we have two rental cabins and a General Store and Grill. We also have a campground and rent out kayaks, canoes and tubes. So come stay with us and help us help those who gave up so much for our country.
Why St. George:
This location is in the heart of the Monogahela National forest and it borders the Cheat River. Great hunting, fishing, hiking and relaxing. All the seasons are beautiful. Canaan Valley is only a short drive from our quiet and somewhat secluded cabins. You can hear the creek and the birds...it truly is almost heaven.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
This cabin is located in the beautiful wild and wonderful mountains of WV and located on the Cheat River...it truly is almost Heaven. Secluded yet close to it all and a step back in time and a lot within nature.
- Primary: + 304-400-7115
- Secondary: +1 304-400-7115
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
St. George, WV front view of Cabin, beautiful mountain/stream views from porch!
Single over full log bed in bedroom, with door leading to deck. Cabin 1.
Living room with sofa bed single and side chair very cozy.
Swimming hole for guest and trout, just a short walk on a trail from cabin.
Larger handicap shower with bench in bathroom
View of driveway from front porch
Our Cabins with pond in the winter, it is mountain stream water fed.
Cabin in winter, we do have a picnic table and charcoal grill
Our riverfront camping area on the Cheat River.
Full bathroom with shower stall in Cabin 1 & Cabin 2. Handicap
The Mighty Cheat River, view from our bank at our campground and horseshoe pits.
Bedroom view, plenty of towels and beautiful woodwork.
Handicap ramp for our guest
Cheat river, we rent out kayaks,canoes and tubes at our General Store and Grill
View from our General Store & Grill on the corner of 72 & 38.
Kitchenette with TV satellite and WiFi
Road leading to Thomas/Davis WV from Parsons...
Wind power in Thomas, great sightseeing shot in town.
Cabin 2 bedroom, Queen bed & single bed.
Cheat River view to our Riverfront Campground. We do have kayak rentals.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, November 01, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Tell us your travel details and get an instant price quote from Joan Lane