Quiet and Lovely, But in the Middle of it All.
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Dunedin townhome description
Our condo has that old-timely Florida vibe, in a perfect, tucked-away location, while being completely updated with all the amenities you could want! Water views from virtually every room! One of only 9 units that share their own pool, which is just out the back door of the garage so you can sit on your balcony in one of the comfy gliders, sip a beverage of choice, listen to the breeze in the mature palms all around, while keeping an eye on the kids in the other-wise empty pool. You could spend your whole vacation never having to get back in your car, if you don't want to. You can walk to shops, restaurants, stores and the causeway beaches, relax and unwind. OR, you can explore the many, many, many different entertainment options within the towns of Dunedin, Clearwater and Tarpon Springs, or even farther afield. Adult fun. Family fun. You name it, it's all within minutes of our condo! We keep a folder with suggestions, maps & information right in the condo for you!
Fresh, clean and bright with all new furnishings, including new beds from IKEA & 500-thread-count sheets. Off-street parking for up to three cars, including 2-car garage, with more parking available on-street. Multi-level, spacious townhome with cathedral ceiling, natural wood, all necessary full-size appliances, cookware, etc, including microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, and washer and dryer! Gorgeous king-bed master suite with separate, dual-sink, full bath. Main floor bedroom has two full-sized, iron beds with own full bath. Couch is a full-sized sleeper, and there are two queen air mattresses AND a pack-n-play crib available, to allow flexibility in sleeping arrangements.
Free WiFi and cable tv. Beach/pool towels, bags, and toys. There are usually a couple bikes in the garage, adult and child, but no promises as to working conditions at any given time. :-) But, there's a bike rental shop just up the street. Likewise, there's a bait and tackle shop literally around the corner should you want to rent some fishing poles, etc. *WE* use this condo whenever we can get away, so pretty much anything you could need, we've provided, whether it be a bathroom scale, band aids, or a printer to print out your boarding passes, you name it, it's probably in our condo and there for your use!
- 1211 sq. ft.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
With an additional fee [to bring it back to an allergen-free place for others] AND additional security deposit. Our condo association limits we must abide by, but we know sometimes animals are like family, so contact us for details....moreless
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Ice Maker
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Video Library:
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Deck / Patio
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water View
- Beach View
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Freshwater Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Massage Therapist
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Basketball Court
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Rock Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
- Live Theater
- Botanical Garden
- Water Parks
- Recreation Center
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Paddle Boating
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Whale Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Dunedin is a treasure! There is so much to do and see, tons of annual events, including the second largest Mardi Gras celebration outside of NOLA, while still enjoying the feel of a small town, complete with a corner ice cream shop! Our favorite place to eat is Kelly's, live music in the Chic a Boom Room next door, and their club, Blur, has karaoke & the most fun Drag-Queen Bingo! Hysterical! Some of the most popular activities in the region people ask about, by car: Clearwater Marine Aquarium [home to the wonderful tail-less dolphin, Winter, of movie fame] - 20 minutes. Lowry Park Zoo, Tampa - 35 minutes. Legoland [including beautiful, old Cypress Gardens] - 1.5 hours. Disney World, Universal Resort [w/Harry Potter World], Sea World - less than 2 hours. The absolutely amazing Dali Museum in St. Petersburg - 35 min. [Even if you're not a fan; you WILL be.] There are just about any water activities you can think of that go out of the Clearwater harbor, approx. 20 minutes south from the condo door - from dinner cruises, to kid-AND-adult-friendly pirate cruises, fishing, scientific exploration, you name it. We like to travel even further down the intercoastal to the Suncoast Seabird Sanctuary, Indian Rocks, etc. Make sure you stop into a Crabby Bills for some fresh, wonderful Stone Crabs! Meanwhile the same distance north brings you to the cool and eclectic Tarpon Springs. Or you can just stay put, walk down to the private pool shared by only 9 units, walk 2 minutes to the quiet causeway park/beach, or cycle to absolutely stupendous Honeymoon Island State Park. http://www.floridastateparks.org/honeymoonisland/ Maybe take the ferry to the even more amazing Caladesi Island, voted the best beach in all of America in 2008! Brenda's is literally just around the corner, for amazing breakfasts, and the Island Outpost, just a 4 minute walk, for all other meals, PLUS live entertainment. Cocktails close at hand, but not so close as you ever hear anything at the condo! Perfect! :-) Oh, and there's a bike rental place just up the street, as well as full-sized grocery & drug stores. And Baracuda Bob's, by Brenda's, around the corner, for all the fisherman's bait and tackle needs! Our condo is a sweet, quiet, little oasis in the midst of just about everything! The best of all worlds! You decide what kind of vacation you want, and it's right there for you....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Nice comment owners received via emailGuest comment entered by owner
Nice comment owners received via email
"Your condo is truly a special place. We have been traveling a lot this last year and your condo is by far our favorite. "
- Guest Joanna
- Date of stay 06/01/13
- Review Submitted 07/15/13
July '13 Stay in Dunedin
July '13 Stay in Dunedin
We spent over a week. The condo was just as promoted, pictures accurate, proximity to the beaches and specially Honeymoon Island exceeded expectations. The beaches in the park are much prettier and pleasant than Clearwater :-) The condo pool was very convenient, neighbors friendly, proximity to stores and good restaurants just right for a vacationing family. Strongly recommending the Ozona Blue restaurant: what a gem! Owners very flexible, responsive and helpful, easily accessible, interested in making the stay an enjoyable experience.
- Guest Atlanta Folks (Atlanta / GA)
- Date of stay 07/01/13
- Review Submitted 07/12/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway.
A wonderful experience!
A wonderful experience!
My family just stayed here. Everything is as promised. It was a pleasure to rent. Location is great with easy access to the causeway and downtown Dunedin. Plenty of amenities in the vicinity. I had not stayed in this area before so did not have a sense of the area. I am really happy I stumbled on this rental. I highly recommend this, it helped make the vacation.
- Guest Dominic M.
- Date of stay 04/01/13
- Review Submitted 04/17/13
Vacation in Paradise
Vacation in Paradise
We have stayed at many VRBO properties before, and this one was the best! The condo is quiet, charming and very comfortable. We loved having such easy access to basically our own private pool, which in June is a necessity! We walked or rode bikes everyday to the causeway or into the State Park. Everything is VERY close! There are tons of bike trails and nearby fishing and beaches. This definitely felt like a home away from home for my family of 4. We can't wait to return!
- Guest BeachLover (Colorado)
- Date of stay 06/10/12
- Review Submitted 02/11/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway, sightseeing, families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers, tourists without a car, girls getaway.
Wonderful vacation getaway
Wonderful vacation getaway
The description & information was right on WE stayed for 1 month and loved everyday. Golf Beaches Boating Fishing Nite life Everything you could want pluse all the comferts of home. I would highly recamend this clean and comfortable townhouse to rent.
- Guest Jack (Amherst NY)
- Date of stay 03/01/12
- Review Submitted 02/10/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway, sightseeing, families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers, girls getaway.
I Love This Place!
I Love This Place!
This is my second year staying here. Six weeks last year and I am in the middle of a seven weeks' stay this year. First of all - the comfort of the beds. I have a very bad back so when I say the beds are wonderful you know I mean it. And everything here is neat and clean. The location is ideal. I can sit on the balcony and see the ocean, or get off of my lazy, 71-year-old duff and walk to it. Lots of birds. Nice neighbors. Brenda's On The Causeway, a local, small restaurant, is an easy, short walk for breakfast or brunch. A two-mile drive away, in downtown Dunedin, is a great local restaurant - Kelly's - for any meal or a few drinks. Dunedin also has some nice art and antique/collectibles shops and a vibrant night life. Lots of live music. The waterfront is active, with a nice park and playground for kids. If you want to drive a little further beyond Dunedin, go to Florida's Botanical Gardens in Largo. It's free and very pleasant. Nice accompanying hardscape. Or the Sunken Garden in St. Pete - gorgeous. While in St. Pete, walk along the waterfront and go to the spectacular Salvadore Dali Museum. Oh. When you go over the Causeway to Honeymoon Island, check out Dog Beach. It's my favorite beach out there. Yup. I really do love being here.
- Guest Pat (Buffalo, New York, United States)
- Date of stay 01/07/13
- Review Submitted 02/09/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers, girls getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 1 - Oct 31, 2014
1 night min stay
Nov 1 - Apr 30, 2015
7 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
If you're worried about a hurricane or some other unforeseen circumstances causing you to be unable to enjoy all or part of your stay with us, Homeaway and/or your airline offer vacation insurance. If you have to cancel ahead of time, we will provide a full refund *IF* we're able to re-book the condo, save all but $50 administrative fee for our time and trouble.
Half of rental amount due upon booking. Second half, cleaning fee, security deposit and tax due one month prior to arrival date.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Pet Fee: $165
- Cleaning Fee: $125
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $500
- Tax Rate 12%
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Tampa International Airport at 23 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: From Honeymoon Island to Caladesi Island at 2 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Causeway beaches at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: The Inn, Lounge and Liquor at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Dunedin Golf Club at 2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Brenda's on the Causeway at 0.5 Miles
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: We've been coming to Dunedin for years, thanks to Josselyn's uncle living right in town. We fell in love with it, and the whole area, and have been coming back every year for over a decade now.
Why the Owner Chose Dunedin:
When you know it's love, you commit, right? :-) We love, love, love Dunedin and we hope you will, too!
The Unique Benefits at this Townhome:
We wanted a place that was bright and cheerful but kept the feeling of 'old Florida,' if you know what we mean. Being within just a few minutes drive from all that we love, and, in particular, being so very close to one of the best state parks to be found anywhere, was just the clincher for us!
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Amazing sunsets, right out your back door! View from balcony, to the right.
Dining area with total seating for up to eight people & original art.
'Staba Beach' - literally just steps from your back door!
King Master. Now has lovely bench under mirror. CD alarm clocks in both bdrms.
Living room area, TV w/cable & built-in DVD player, some videos & books.
View from master suite landing, light and bright, with sliders to balcony.
View from balcony.
Main floor bedroom, before we finished furnishing, but new mattresses & game tab
Pool and palms.
Clean, modern kitchen, stocked with any thing you could need.
Master bath, with door between dual sink area and shower/tub/toilet area.
Linen sleeper sofa in living room.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, February 06, 2014
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.