Historic, Family Friendly Beach House, 425' to Beach
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3-7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Cape May house description
House: 6 bedrooms, 2.5 baths (sleeps 19)
Only 425 feet away from the ocean, our beach house greets you with a summer garden and wrap-around porch. You can hear the waves as you relax on the wicker furniture, including rocking chairs and couches. Located a short walk to either the Madison Street or Queen Street Beaches, our home provides you with modern conveniences and the charm of a historic Cape May home. You will be just a few blocks from the center of Cape May.
You arrive at this well-furnished, well-equipped comfortable home. Everything you need is provided (except for linens). The air conditioning is zoned and the sleeping porches have window units. A stereo system with tape, cd and dvd players is in the living room. For your sleeping comfort, there are four bedrooms, two sleeping porches and one queen-size sofa bed. On the second floor, the master bedroom (The Wisteria Room) has a queen bed. The Peach Room also has a queen size bed. Both of these rooms have a television. A DVD is provided in the master bedroom. The bay windows in both of these bedrooms provides both a street view and an ocean view. The Seafoam Room has twin beds which are put together and may be used as a king. Underneath both beds are 2 trundle beds. The Green Room has a double bed and a Pack and Play. Adjacent to the Green Room is a sleeping porch with a queen size futon. There is a small deck off the sleeping porch. A bathroom with a claw foot tub and shower serves this level. On the first floor is another sleeping porch with bunk beds and a trundle. There is a full bathroom on the first floor. A one-half bath is located by the sleeping porch. Of course, there is an outdoor shower for when your return from the beach or whenever. It is the one we use most in the summer. A clothes line is also available for your use.
You can get ready for a meal at one of Cape May’s fine restaurants or you can prepare a gourmet meal at “home.” The dining room will easily seat 12, 14 if you wish, and a round glass-topped table on the porch will seat an additional 4-6 people. The kitchen is fully equipped with a range, refrigerator with ice maker, microwave, toaster, blender, television and coffee maker. Also available is a coffee maker that brews as much as 25 cups at a time. We keep a wide array of spices and staples so you don’t have to bring your own. Plates, dishes, glasses and flatware is provided. A new washer and dryer are located on the first floor. A clothes line is in the back yard.
Two grills are available in the yard, new a gas grill and a Weber charcoal grill. Dine at the outdoor picnic table; there is room for eight.
The back yard is home to a garden with thyme, rosemary, parsley, lavender and tomatoes as well as perennials, annuals and roses.
Call soon to reserve your weeks now; the house books early and quickly. Mention VRBO and we can work out a deal.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Check with us. We will consider small, non-shedding dogs who are housebroken. We require a picture of your dog and a signed pet addendum to the lease must be signed. If you bring your dog, he/she must be treated for fleas and ticks before coming. Cape May has a dog park and permits may be obtained from City Hall....moreless
- Non Smoking Only:
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 7 Bedrooms, Sleeps 19, Beds for 19
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Ice Maker
Zoned air conditioning: first and second floors are zoned separately; sleeping porches have window units foe those rare, really hot days. Ceiling fans in all rooms except sleeping porches & baths....moreless
- Clothes Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- DVD Player:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library
- Music Library
- Lawn / Garden:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Basketball Court
- Massage Therapist
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Fly Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Roller Blading
- Water Skiing
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Winery Tours
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Bird Watching
- Whale Watching
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- Eco Tourism
- Outlet Shopping
- Sight Seeing
- Gambling Casinos
- Cape May is a National Historic Landmark-the whole city! Colorful Victorian architecture and historic home tours can be accessed by bike rides, walks, horse-drawn buggy rides and open-air trolley tours. There are many fun, eclectic antique shops in Cape May, treasures galore from small tschokes to authentic period furniture can be had. Cape May is a Birder's Paradise. The World Series of Birding is held in New Jersey annually. In 2012, 212 species of birds were identified. This year, the event begins on May 11, 2013. One year I saw what I thought to be an albatross, a bird found in the Southern Hemisphere. It turned out that I was right. Someone said that it must have been a male, otherwise it would have stopped and asked for directions. Seasonal events include Jazz Festivals, craft shows on the beach prominade and downtown mall, vineyard tours, home tours, Strawberry Festival, Independence Day Parade, Lima Bean Festival, Wine Festival, Halloween Parade, Art shows, Antique Car Shows, Victorian Fair, Tomato Festival, Farmers Market, Pet parade and an annual Christmas Parade. The Cape May Tennis Club has 14 har-tru courts and 4 hard courts. Show up and you will always find a game. Golf courses are close by. Biking is the preferred method of getting around Cape May-no trouble finding a parking space and you will get your cardio for the day! Walking Cape May is easy. The highest point in Cape May is 16' above sea level, level being the operative word. Pictures of beautiful homes, gardens and beaches will give you memories to take home. Madison Street Beach and Queen Street Beach are less than a block away. Take your books, kindles, ipads or laptops and enjoy a day in the sun. Cape May is minutes away from Wildwood, 20 minutes from Avalon, 30 minutes from Stone Harbor, 40 minutes from Atlantic City and about one and one-half hours from Philadelphia. Our favorite activity after a day at the beach or a few sets of tennis is porch sitting. Rocking chairs and wicker furniture add to the Victorian ambiance. The gas and charcoal grills are ready for you in the back yard. If the stars are in alignment, there will be tomatos fresh from the garden. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Cape May Beach week
Cape May Beach week
We had a wonderful week at this lovely historic home in Cape May. The owner was a pleasure to deal with as was the location (one block from the beach and a short 10 minute walk into town). The home actually had 6 bedrooms (which include 2 enclosed porches for sleeping). We had 15 in our party and the home has plenty of living space. We rent every year in Wildwood with extended family, and I LOVED staying in Cape May...I hope to return next year.
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 06/16/13
- Review Submitted 06/29/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, families with young children.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 4 - May 18
3 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Jun 14 - Sep 13, 2014
7 night min stay
Sep 15 - Oct 5
3 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
|My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
A 3rd floor apartment with a separate entrance may be rented for $1500 from July 5 through August 16. It must be rented with the 1st and 2nd floor (whole house). It cannot be rented separately. There are two bedrooms, a kitchen, a bathroom and a living room with a single sleeper chair which pulls out into a bed. Contact me and I will provide details and pictures.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $600
- Pet Fee: $175
- Taxes Not included
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 1991
About the owner: Living outside Louisville, KY,we were desperate for a beach. Wes, a native of Philly, first brought me to Cape May in the late 70's. We returned every year with children in tow. Cape May became our anchor to windward. We bought this home in 1991 and immediately began working on it. Since then, we spend our vacations refurnishing, refurbishing, painting and gardening; Wes did the gardens and heavy lifting, I painted and helped with the heavy lifting. We could usually be found either at the Cape May Tennis Club or on the Beach. Between us, we have 5 children , all of whom have spouses or significant others, and 13 grands.
Why the Owner Chose Cape May:
The location is perfect. An hour and a half from the Phillies, 45 minutes to Atlantic City, three minutes to the beach. What's not to like?
The Unique Benefits at this House:
A 3rd floor apartment may be rented with the 1st and 2nd floor only. It has two bedrooms (one king size bed and one double bed), a kitchen, a living room with a single sova bed, and a bathroom. It cannot be rented individually. It is available from 7/12/14 thru 8/16/14 only. E-mail or call for details. THIS CANNOT BE RENTED SEPARATELY.
- Primary: 502-584-8583/502-228-3472
- Fax: 502-584-1826
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Welcome to the Shore!
Enjoy the gentle breezes of Cape May.
New flat screen television in living room. Sofa turns into a queen size bed.
Is dinner ready yet?
Books, stereo and games.
Seafoam room: Two twins and two trundles or one king and 2 trundles.
Green Room: double with pack and play
2nd floor sleeping porch with queen size futon.
Don't forget to take the family picture before you leave.
Plenty of seating for your family.
Entering the livingroom.
To the dining room.
Wisteria room: The Master bedroom with t.v. and dvd.
Peach room: With flat screen t.v.
1st floor sleeping porch with one trundle.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, November 15, 2013