Perfect for Private Weekend Getaway or a Family Vacation
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Cape Broyle cottage description
The Getaway is a beautiful, cozy, story and a half cottage, nestled in Horsechops, which is cabin country, in the beautiful community of Cape Broyle, located on the Irish Loop and only an hours drive from St. John’s international airport.
Our cottage is located on a beautiful pond, great for fishing, swimming and boating. The property is very private, surrounded by trees and wildlife. While sitting at the dining room table or on the deck eating breakfast, you will be entertained by a family of loons on the pond, playing and singing. We are also surrounded by blueberry bushes, its a great activity to past time and pick some berries for your morning breakfast.
The cottage is a three bedroom that sleeps up to seven people, a master bedroom with a queen bed and pond view, a second bedroom with a set a bunks, one double bed and the other singe. The third bedroom has a double bed. There is one full bathroom with an antique claw tub and shower. Bed linens and towels are provided. The living room offers TV with satellite and DVD player. The eat in kitchen has all the necessary appliances.
There is a huge deck over looking the pond and kids play area. The deck is equipped with a gas BBQ and seating to enjoy a meal outdoors, watch the children play or watch the sunset on the pond.
Also, there is a fire pit available, to enjoy a night outdoors under the stars. Kids love this, roasting marshmallows and singing camp fire songs!
- 800 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 7
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Hunting Big Game
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Hunting Small Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Fly Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Basketball Court
- Cross Country Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Wildlife Viewing
- Whale Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Our cottage is located in a Horsechops, Cape Broyle, Newfoundland, which is a cottage country. We are located on a very secluded piece of property and on a beautiful pond, which provides so much peacefulness. There are so much to see and do in the area. Some things include: -O'Brien and Gatherall's Boat Tours, where you will get to see icebergs, islands and whales up close -The Witless Bay Ecological Reserve contains North America's largest Atlantic puffin colony -East Coast Trail is a coastal hiking experience that takes you to the outermost reaches of North America -Take a short hike to see LaManche Swinging Bridge -LaManche Provincial Park is great for swimming and a walk to the falls -Take a short drive to see Brigus South, which is a beautiful scenic small fishing village -Colony of Avalon is a must see if you are interested in traveling back to the 17th century -Historic Ferryland Museum -Ferryland Lighthouse Picnic is a MUST! Lighthouse Picnics based at Ferryland Lighthouse (built in 1870) offers distinctive picnic food, to be enjoyed while relaxing and enjoying amazing scenery – waves, whales, and seabirds. -Southern Shore Dinner Theater is a great evening out. Great meal and some great laughs! ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
My family of 3 stayed at this cottage for 3 nights in August 2013. The cottage was clean & comfortable, and the property was very private & quiet. The owners were friendly and pleasant to deal with. My teenage son enjoyed using the pedal boat. If we have the good fortune of visiting this area in the future, we would certainly stay here again.
- Guest OntarioFamily (Markham, ON)
- Date of stay 08/13/13
- Review Submitted 08/17/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, families with young children, romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+.
The place was great The cabin inside and the grounds outside were very clean and we enjoyed it very much. Especially the deck by the pond. Will definitely be returning.
- Guest shorty / stretch (st.john's)
- Date of stay 06/22/13
- Review Submitted 07/16/13
Recommended for: Pet owners, adventure seekers, girls getaway, families with teenagers, families with young children, romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Pay by bank transfer (etransfer) or cash. We need half of the total amount upfront to hold your reservation. This is refundable prior to 24 hours upon arrival if cancellation is required.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: St. John's International Airport at 80 Kilometres
About the owner: Thank you for your interest in our cottage. Our names are Paula and Jim Doyle, we have three children and six grandchildren. We built this cottage for us to use with our children. We had some great times and made some great memories with our children. They are all grown now and we are ready for others to enjoy our cottage as much as we did.
Why the Owner Chose Cape Broyle:
Our cottage is a home away from home. Its a great place to getaway and enjoy the peace and tranquility of the outdoors and away from rush and neighbors. The only other cabins in sights are across the pond, there are no next door neighbors. Its great for a romantic getaway, family vacations and great for children.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
We love this place. We hope you can enjoy it as much as we have.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front view our the cottage, with the pond in the background
Looking down into the living room from upstairs
Kids play area
Patio, overlooking the pond
Dining room, overlooking the pond
double and single bed
View from our front lawn. Picnic area and waft on the pond.
View of the pond from the patio
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013