Book Early and Save! Spacious Cape, 2 Master Suites, Man-Cave, Private Backyard
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Southold house description
Spacious 4 BR, 3 bath Cape. The Main floor has a Family Room with large Flat Screen TV, Fully Equipped Eat In Kitchen, Dining Room, Study, and private master suite (queen bed) with sitting area and bathroom. The second floor has 3 bedrooms (2 queens and 1 full bed). The upstairs master bedroom has its own private bath. The other two bedrooms share a bath. Our home also has a finished basement 'man cave' with 60' flat screen TV, Bose surround sound, pool table and a double recliner. Cable, wireless internet, apple TV and phone (excluding international calls) are included. Fenced in private backyard, deck with table, chairs and Weber gas bar-b-q.
- 2200 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 4-8
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker
Window AC and ceiling fan in upstairs bedrooms. Two centrally located large ACs on main floor. New multi-speed ceiling fans in all main floor rooms (Bedroom, family room,dining room and kitchen.)...moreless
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Iron & Board
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- DVD Player:
- Game Room:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Surf Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Water Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Fly Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Paddle Boating
- Bird Watching
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- The North Fork has over 25 wineries. They provide tours, weekend music and events throughout the spring, summer and fall. Our town has preserved many acres of land for hiking and birding. There are numerous bay and sound beaches to relax, sun, swim and fish (Southold beach permit is provided with rental). Shelter Island is just a 10 minute ferry ride away. It is great for biking, beach combing or hiking (Mashomack Preserve has over 2000 acres for hiking, birding and a wonderful nature center). Numerous farm stands provide fresh local produce. If you crave seafood, our local fish markets will provide for your needs. For a day outing you can take the Cross Sound Ferry (20 minutes drive east) from Orient Point to New London, CT. Once there you can enjoy Mystic Seaport, Mystic Aquarium or the Casinos at Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun. In Riverhead (a 30 minute drive west ) you'll find Atlantis Aquarium, Tangier Outlets, Splish Splash Water Park, Calverton Links Golf Course, restaurants and many chain stores. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Well maintained, spacious and comfortable!
Well maintained, spacious and comfortable!
We thoroughly enjoyed our summer long stay in this lovely and spacious 4 bedroom home. The house is centrally located on the Bayview peninsula, just a short bike ride from all of the Southold bay beaches and Southold wineries. The kitchen is up to date and fully stocked with all different types of cooking utencils, there is a multi-media "man-cave" in the basement and the beautifully landscaped back yard with koi pond was a fantastic backdrop for summer dinners on the deck. In addition the owners were responsive and a pleasure to deal with. Thank you Merkels!
- Guest R J.
- Date of stay 06/15/13
- Review Submitted 09/15/13
Minimum Stay- 1 Month June 2014- $7000 July 2014- $8000 August 2014- $9000 ***Book by Jan. 1, 2014- Save %10
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Long Island Macarthur Airport at 45 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Shelter Island Ferry, 8 Miles; Cross Sound Ferry at 15 Miles
- Nearest Train: Southold Train Station (LIRR) at 3 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Route 25 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Cedar Beach, Goose Creek Beach, South Harbor Beach at 2 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Founder's at 3 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Island's End Golf, Indian Island at 9 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Restaurants in Town at 2 Miles
Year Purchased: 1992
About the owner: We have been living in our home for 20 years. Joe grew up on the North Fork. Donna grew up in Smithtown. Our children graduated from North Fork High Schools. We love our home in Southold and all that this quaint town has to offer. Since we retired (Donna- teacher, Joe- landscaper/marine mechanic) we have been spending our summers in Maine (Joe has family there). Rather than leave our home vacant, we thought it would be fun to have another family enjoy our home and all the North Fork has to offer.
Why the Owner Chose Southold:
We LOVE Southold because of the beauty it holds. The water is only minutes away in any direction. South of us is the Peconic Bay and north is the Long Island Sound. There are many hiking trials and bike routes. We are a ferry ride away from Shelter Island and two ferry rides to the South Fork (Hamptons). The ferry to Connecticut is only a 20 minute drive.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Our home is located in a quiet neighborhood- Reydon Heights. Our fenced-in yard offers peace and quiet. You can sit on the back deck and watch the birds come to the goldfish pond and feeders. We have access to Corey Creek through our association's Right Of Way (walking distance). The nearby creeks offer wonderful kayaking opportunities. Biking is a wonderful way to explore the area. We are close to many beaches, hiking trails, wineries, restaurants and marinas. If shopping is your past time, the outlets are a half hour drive away.
- Primary: 631-495-3206 Call between 9 am and 9 pm
- Secondary: + 631-513-7890 Call between 9 am and 9 pm
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Beautifully landscaped 4 bedroom cape
Spacious Kitchen- Pantry filled with spices, herbs and condiments.
Dining Room- Table extends to 112'. Upright piano on opposite wall.
Relaxing family room to read, play a game or watch TV.
Sunny Master Bedroom Upstairs- private bathroom with shower
Upstairs Bedroom 3 with full bed
Man Cave- Relax with a drink and snacks.
Man Cave- Pool table
Deck overlooks gardens
Multilevel deck with table, chairs, umbrella, benches and hot tub.
View from our right of way. (walking distance)
Fully Equipped Kitchen-Dishwasher, elec. stove, microwave, many small appliances
Family room with 50' Flat Screen TV, Surround Sound, Blue Ray DVD, stereo /CD
Large Master Bedroom Suite on Main Floor-adjoining bathroom, Sunny Sitting Area
Upstairs Bedroom 2 with queen bed.
Upstairs bathroom with bathtub.
60' Flat screen TV, Boces Surround Sound, Blue Ray DVD Player,
Private secluded backyard with goldfish pond, bird feeders and hot tub
Have a morning cup of coffee or a Bar-B-Q with friends on our large deck.
Local winery. Talk a wine tour or just relax and listen to the music.
Swim or relax at one of our nearby beaches. Beach Permit included with rental.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, October 21, 2013