Pet-Friendly Oceanfront Treasure on Magnificent Ocean Point
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Ocean Point cabin description
About the Cabin
Unusual craftsmanship abounds throughout this historical Ocean Point home. This true one of a kind cabin was erected in the late 1920's by local builders hand selecting smooth hewn logs taken from nearby woods originally inhabited by Penobscot Indians. Built on land purchased from the Gillette estate in 1921 by the family of the current owners, the original structure with magnificent stone fireplace remains in place today reflecting the authenticity and natural beauty of this classic. Tastefully updated, the cabin blends the past and present into an unparalleled ocean getaway.
This log cabin originally was built to house the workers who re-assembled the large colonial home that stands next door. The house, a part of the original Bradbury estate in Augusta, Maine had been moved down the Kennebec River from the capital city to Ocean Point. Upon completion of the home next door, the cabin became a summer cottage delighting an array of guests over the years.
Here is a rare opportunity to enjoy the best spot Ocean Point has to offer as you unwind and vacation in one of the few ocean side cabins. Fall asleep to the sound of water rhythmically swirling as it surrounds the cabin at high tide, closest to being on the water without being in it. Awaken to the sounds of a seagull calling in the distance, or watch a lobster boat meandering as it pulls its uniquely colored lobster buoys and traps.
Embrace the slower pace lifestyle relaxing with a favorite book or glass of wine as you overlook the sea or watch one of the glorious sunsets. This rental property is sure to create magical memories to last a lifetime. The character of this cabin is like no other and truly captures the essence of Maine in summer.
Discover why people visit from all over the world. Enjoy magical Ocean Point and all that the entire Boothbay Region offers. Located on the tip of the East Boothbay Peninsula, the Ocean Point colony has a private island feel while being conveniently located just 10 minutes from the highly regarded town of Boothbay Harbor that offers activities, restaurants, shopping, boating, aquariums, art galleries, and golf.
Accommodations: Cabin, 1 Bedroom + 1 Loft, 1 Bath (Sleeps up to 3 people + 2 dogs)
Highlights of this classic coastal Maine cabin include a spacious glassed in sun-porch with views of nearby islands, the Cuckolds Lighthouse, Linekin Bay, Card Cove, and the entrance leading into Boothbay Harbor. The original pine interior exposes rough hewn beams, natural hardwood floors, oceanfront dining, and a commanding native stone fireplace. A spacious living room leads to the compact kitchen with breathtaking views from each window. A small set of stairs leads to the loft area above. The cabin layout provides plenty of room for comfort.
A front and side yard allows for great outdoor accessibility to read or write while enjoying the tastefully furnished Adirondack chairs by water's edge. Ocean Point's large private pier and deep water floating dock is a quick walk down the road. A well maintained mooring is available for an additional fee if you opt to bring a boat.
We invite humans and their companions - whether two or four-legged - to partake in the magic of Maine and enjoy this special place and create memories to last a lifetime.
FIRST FLOOR: This quaintly crafted cabin offers a comfortable living room with commanding native stone fireplace and adjoining dining area + small kitchen with amazing ocean views. Windows with screens surround the house providing great ventilation and ability to let in those ocean breezes. Enclosed side porch offers steps to outdoor sitting area. Fully updated bathroom with walk-in shower has beautiful wood cabinetry and a large window overlooking the sea. Provided are flat screen cable TV with cable with built in and DVD, Wi-Fi, books, games, and jigsaw puzzles. Remodeled kitchen is stocked with pots, pans, utensils, and brand new appliances, and there is a choice of dining areas overlooking the ocean.
BEDROOM: one downstairs bedroom adjoins the living room and covered porch. The bedroom offers a queen bed with plush new mattress, two coastal furniture dressers and mirror. Clothes hanging area upstairs and downstairs. Free standing space heater + fans provided for added convenience and comfort if desired. Total sleeping space including loft area: 3 people and 2 dogs.
Please note: Linens are provided.
LOFT: Feel on top of the world as you look down to the open floor space below or take in the view from the side windows. The spacious loft has cross ventilation with free-standing fan, double bed, dresser, desk with great work space and monitor for your laptop to plug into. Ample room for extra storage.
OUTSIDE: Easy access with across the road parking area for two vehicles. This cabin endures as one of the remaining 'grandfathered' structures allowed to stand within 50 feet of waterline. Our property location offers a fun + easy walk down to the Ocean Point pier which is fully furnished with large deep water dock complete with swimming ladder. Perfect for fishing or a daring plunge into the ocean. For a small fee we offer a professionally and annually maintained cement block mooring that can accommodate up to a 18 foot boat. Boat launch nearby. An outdoor Weber Grill is available.
Ocean Point is an exercising enthusiast's pure delight! Rise with the sun or stroll with the sunset as you enjoy an early morning run, brisk walk, or evening stroll around the famous Ocean Point loop. Step outside your front door and onto one of the most scenic drives in the entire mid-coast area. The loop around Ocean Point is approximately 3 miles in which to enjoy spectacular ocean views, wildlife sanctuary, and the leafy trees and pines that abound. Within walking distance to beaches, rocks, ball field, children's playground. Use of tennis courts available for a small fee. Land Trust hiking trails are also accessible.
BOATS AVAILABLE: Boats (motor, paddle, and sail) may be rented in Boothbay Harbor and can be tied up to our mooring ball. Ocean Point is a wonderful area for kayaks and canoes as well. Boat launch available in East Boothbay and Grimes Cove at Ocean Point.
BIKES: Bikes available for rental in Boothbay Harbor. Ocean Point offers a great and scenic ride for cyclists of all ages and riding skill. Bike helmets are recommended as additional safety precautions.
PROVISIONS: Start the day by walking to the nearby Ocean Point Inn for either a continental or full hot breakfast or enjoy dinner selections ranging from exceptional American and continental cuisine featuring the freshest local seafood, lobster, crab cakes, and top-quality meats. Or you can opt to grab a bite from the Pub Menu which is offered nightly and unwind in the Tavern Lounge. Ice cream and novelties are available at the Ocean Point General Store which is within walking distance. The East Boothbay General Store, a quick drive, offers homemade goodies, sandwiches, pizza, beverages, and sundries perfect for packing a picnic to go; while there grab the latest Boothbay Register, Boston Globe, New York Times or Wall Street Journal. Lobsterman's Wharf for drinks/dining inside or out is in the East Boothbay village as well. Boothbay Harbor, a short drive into town, offers a chain supermarket and local shops. Ocean Point is home to sculptors and artists whose work is showcased in studios and galleries in Boothbay Harbor and throughout the region. The Ocean Point Studio is within walking distance.
FOR YOUR SAFETY: During our recent cabin remodel and renovation process the fireplace and chimney were checked. All wiring was replaced and brought to code with smoke alarms installed and cabin is outfitted with modern wiring system, including new lighting, exterior lights, new appliances, cable TV service, and WI- FI available for Internet access.
- 900 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Limited Accessibility
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 3, Beds for 3
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- The bathroom is newly remodeled with new toilet, sink and shower.
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Hair Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Ocean View
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- Pier Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Botanical Garden
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Whale Watching
- Outlet Shopping
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Down East magazine listed Boothbay Harbor as one of Maine's 10 prettiest villages. In fact a few of the other prettiest villages are within a short drive from your base at Ocean Point. Boothbay Harbor received the accolades to position it in second place for the Prettiest Village in Maine. 'A laid-back village far from busy Route 1, Boothbay Harbor features authentic charm, a working waterfront, drop-dead natural beauty, and a great mix of restaurants, cultural events, and artisans. It's surrounded by islands and lighthouses, while the village itself shines, thanks to brick sidewalks, handsome hand-painted signs, and a gentle hilly terrain.' - Susie Saudek of Capitol Island, Maine. Follow along the path of Charles Kuralt's America as you explore one of his most beloved areas and peninsulas in the United States. In his 1995 book, Charles Kuralt wrote about his 12 favorite places in America. In the August chapter, he wrote about Boothbay Harbor. Charles Kuralt went on to describe that, 'then, with no plan, I'd go out into the day, on foot down to the docks, or by car along the coast, happy just to be there. Each day I'd feel a little more of Maine soaking into my bones.' During your visit also make sure to take in a dinner at Brown's Wharf, one of his favorite local spots. Brown's Wharf entrance is marked by the iconic yellow lobsterman. As you drive from Ocean Point stop in nearby East Boothbay where Hodgdon Yachts hails as home to where world renowned boats have been built for nearly two centuries. Make a stop at the new Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences. Take a short drive to Linekin Preserve which boasts close to three miles of hiking trails, ten minutes to festive and busy Boothbay Harbor for a variety of dining choices, shopping, local bookstore, farmers' market, the library, numerous art galleries. Plan to attend one of the regular summer concert series on the library lawn, or hop aboard one of the many excursion boats for an informative trip to learn more about the region. Boothbay Harbor attracted the likes of John Fitzgerald Kennedy; sit in the pew where he sat on the occasion of his attending Mass at our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Church and listen to the church bells toll. Rumor has it ~ the bells, badly in need of repair, were replaced by the late Jimmy Dean of sausage fame who used to enjoy listening to them chime throughout the summer as he lounged on his yacht nearby. Over the years the Region has made its debut on the movie screen with the filming of Carousel, and has played host to Calvin Klein, Robert Plant, Mark Knopfler, James Cagney, Gene Tunney and been home in the summer to the Wicked Witch of the West, Margaret Hamilton. In the summer the harbor is always welcoming yachts from around the world. Go on to discover the amazing and award winning Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens, Boothbay Region Land Trust, Cap'n Fish's Boat Tours, explore Monhegan Island, visit the Farnsworth Museum, Boothbay Railway Village, Boothbay Playhouse, The Opera House at Boothbay Harbor, Maine State Aquarium, Deep Sea Fishing charters, kayaking, Burnt Island Lighthouse tours; visit Pemaquid Peninsula Region, enjoy a quick drive over to Camden and Rockland, or on a foggy day consider destination shopping in nearby Freeport home to various outlets and the flagship L.L.Bean company. Check out Edgecomb Potters, Sheepscot River Pottery, jewelry galleries + the various antique selections interspersed around the Route 1 region. Not sure where to begin? As part of our Summer Experience Service our concierge is more than happy to help you plan your itinerary based around your budget, time frame, and interests to ensure you get the most from your time spent in this beautiful and abundant region. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
Changeover Day: Saturday
Additional information about rental rates
We do accept credit cards. Please note there is a cancellation fee.
- Trash collection: $20 + tax
- Tax Rate 7%
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Portland Jetport at 60 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Boothbay Harbor at 6 Miles
- Nearest Train: Portland at 60 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Route 1 at 12 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Grimes Cove at 1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Ocean Point Inn at 100 Metres
- Nearest Golf: Boothbay Country Club at 6 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Ocean Point Inn at 100 Metres
Year Purchased: 1929
About the owner: We are from Augusta, Maine and our family has summered here on Ocean Point for 3 generations.
Why the Owner Chose Ocean Point:
Having a generational presence in Ocean Point for nearly one hundred years, we understand first-hand what makes for the perfect summer cottage experience at Ocean Point and in the region. The ultimate summer vacation begins with a rental home on the ocean side with unobstructed panoramic views that offers the ability to enjoy sitting inside or outside the glassed-in porch to take in the spectacular scenery.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
Amenities Wi-fi Fireplace Space heaters Stand alone fans Flat Screen TV with built in DVD Cable Wireless Internet 2 Couches 2 small dining tables + chairs 2 rocking chairs Stove / Oven Refrigerator Dishes + Utensils Coffee Maker Microwave Toaster Iron + Ironing Board Hair Dryer Paper Towels and Toilet Paper Books, playing cards, games Outdoor sitting area with Adirondack chairs Outdoor Grill Garbage pickup Delightful dogs are always welcome to join in the summer fun! Please review our section of pet policies.
porch from outside
The livingroom features a beautiful large stone fireplace.
newly remodeled kitchen
newly remodeled bathroom
view from the porch
we're right on the water!
relax with a view!
view from the livingroom
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, February 19, 2014
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.