Tropical House in Gated Community Next to Forest
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
La Ceiba house description
Beautiful, rustic, two story house with deck and large side yard. Access to tropical forest and hill with view of La Ceiba and ocean.
- 2000 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 4-8
- 4 large bedrooms with windows and lighting.
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Shower, toilet and sink
- Lawn / Garden:
- Deck / Patio:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Ocean View:
- Car Not Necessary
- Medical Services
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Deepsea Fishing
- Horseback Riding
- Whitewater Rafting
- Wildlife Viewing
- Water Parks
- Recreation Center
- Botanical Garden
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Eco Tourism
- La Ceiba is the Honduran Capital of Eco Tourism From its early days La Ceiba has charmed its visitors with its natural enchantments. La Ceiba gets its name from a giant Ceiba tree that grew stunningly at the shores of the Caribbean Sea, where today the principal avenue and the first street converge. La Ceiba was declared a town August 23, 1877, being the center of the banana exportation and main point of the regional economy. After this, the biggest industrial and financial companies of Honduras emerged in La Ceiba. Nowadays, it is the third most important city in Honduras and the second most important port of the country. It has a population that exceeds 200,000 with more than 170 suburbs and settlements spread over approximately 6,000 hectares. La Ceiba has the highest literacy rate in Honduras and a large part of its population is bilingual. Due to its natural beauty La Ceiba has been declared by the Honduran Goverment 'The Capital of Ecotourism'. Among its natural attractions is the imposing Pico Bonito Mountain (2,435 meters high) which also is a national park. In this tropical rain forest there are beautiful waterfalls and spectacular landscapes. We also find the Cangrejal River, one of the few rivers in Central America preferred by people who enjoy extreme sports like white water rafting and kayaking. You can also hike to a beautiful waterfall here 'El Bejuco' by crossing a footbridge across the Cangrejal River to well maintained trails. 'Cuero y Salado' Wild Life Refuge, is a nearby national park in the Caribbean mangroves where you can appreciate wild animals and exotic birds. If you're lucky you'll see beautiful manatees, endangered species find a safe place to live here. La Ceiba´s beaches are another point of interest surrounding the city. A few minutes outside of the city limits and you'll find Peru and El Porvenir which are wonderful beaches, also you´ll find Corozal and Sambo Creek that are Garifuna villages that conserve their language and Afro Caribbean culture. You can take a ferry (2 hour trip) or fly (30 minutes) to the Bay Islands for beautiful beaches, snorkeling and diving in the protected coral reef. Also, you could travel to historic Trujillo on the Caribbean coast(3 hrs by car. Buses are available also) or the wonderful Botanical Gardens of Lancetilla in Tela. La Ceiba is known in all Central America for its Feria Isidra, that takes place during the last days of May and ends with a big carnival called 'Gran Carnaval de la Amistad' where the first avenue turns into a huge dance floor with local musical bands and colorful floats. Not only for this date the party environment takes over the city, the happy spirit of the people prevails all year long in the first street or 'Zona Viva' with all its clubs and bars which offers a specialty for everyone. That's why for many reasons you should visit this tropical paradise where the adventure, fun and natural environment will make you have a wonderful time. Don't forget to enjoy a soccer match...there are two local soccer teams that play in the Estadio in La Ceiba, Victoria and Vida. Semana Santa is also a popular time in La Ceiba. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $1000
- Tax Rate 2.5%
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Golosón International Airport at 2 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Muelle de Cabotaje La Ceiba at 1 Miles
- Nearest Train: La Ceiba at 1 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Carretera a Trujillo at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Playa de Perú at 1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Expatriots Bar at 1 Miles
- Nearest Golf: La Ceiba Golf Club at 1 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Many great restaurants in La Ceiba at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: I'm a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer from Honduras (1994-96) and my wife is a Honduran Nurse I met in Lancetilla Botanical Gardens. We live in San Francisco but regularly return to visit Honduras to swim in the beautiful tropical rivers and beaches of La Ceiba, Trujillo, Tela and Tornabay, visit the Mayan Ruins at Copan and enjoy birdwatching at Lancetilla Tropical Botanical Gardens in Tela. Sometimes we even make the trip for some snorkeling in the blue green waters of the Bay Island of Roatan. All of this can be yours by renting this delightful house...your jumping off point to the wonderful sights of La Ceiba and Honduras.
Why the Owner Chose La Ceiba:
We purchased this home because of its peaceful location at the foot of a tropical forest yet only 10 minutes away from La Ceiba, the beach, the ferry to the Bay Islands and the Congrejal River for rafting, hiking, swimming, horseback riding and birdwatching.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
This is a beautiful, comfortable home with a deck, located on a hill, large side yard and with views of the nearby creek and treetops. The house is nestled next to tropical forest with access to a hill behind the house where you can take a 5 minute hike for views of La Ceiba and the ocean. By car, the beaches are 15-30 minutes away and La Ceiba is 10 minutes. River rafting, swiming, hiking, birdwatching and swimming is 20 minutes away on the Congrejal River.
- Primary: + 415-316-3902
- Secondary: +504 2446-20-69
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
House and side yard.
View of La Ceiba and ocean on hill behind house.
Private water well.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, September 16, 2013
4 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.