Authentic Maine Experience, Beautiful Renovated Lakefront Lodge
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Bridgton cabin description
Authentic Maine camp on Highland lake, lakefront Bridgton Maine.
1 hour northwest of Portland. On a point with water surrounding three sides. Spectacular sunsets!!!!! Old hunting lodge renovated with addition carriage house sleeps 10
- 2800 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Events Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- DVD Player
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Deck / Patio:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View:
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Ice Skating
- Hunting Small Game
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Water Tubing
- Mountain Climbing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Bird Watching
- Live Theater
- Scenic Drives
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Medical Services
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- Property sits on a scenic remote point down a half mile private driveway, water vistas on three sides, mountains in the north and western view. Charming renovated hunting lodge featuring a hugh field stone fireplace. Complimented by a large stone firepit lakeside. A newly constructed carriage/boat house with finished upstairs. Main house and carriage house can accommodate large groups perfect for family reunions or multi-families. Water sports unlimited. Four kayaks, 16ft sailboat for your enjoyment. There is a dock, float, and sandy bottom beach area, perfect for youngsters and the elderly. Activities in Bridgton and surrounding area including scenic seaplane tours, hiking, camping, Songo River queen paddleboat tours on long lake, several local public golf courses, pristine ecology of our lake supports a wide variety of wildlife viewing, including loons, turtles, bald eagles, owls, wild turkeys, deer, fox, several varieties of ducks, and of course great fishing. A moose was recently sighted swimming across Highland lake and crossing rt 302 on the west side of the lake. In the fall visit the Fryburg fair, the largest and oldest state fair in Maine. Fall also offers magnificent fall foliage with spectacular colors. Apple picking close by. Lake water temperatures warm enough to swim into the fall(mid October) many great local restaurants featuring wonderful maine seafood, including lobster, shrimp, haddock, scallops, etc. Don't miss Kens Kove for take out lobster dinners and to die for clam chowder. Have a picnic dinner by the firepit or on the dock. Local renovated cinema and drive in movies a blast. Visit 'Maine, the way life should be' ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Combines Classic Camp with Modern Luxuries
Combines Classic Camp with Modern Luxuries
Truly a special and unique property. It had all the beauty of a rustic lakefront lodge combined with amenities (dishwasher, washer, dryer) that make for a comfortable and relaxing vacation. We went with six children ranging in age from 6-12 and it was a perfect for our needs. You could not be any closer to the water without having wet feet. If you like swimming, sunning, camp fires, walking in the woods, the call of the loons and total privacy this is the place for you. The owners obviously have a lot of love for their home and the area and it shows in all the details of the house.
- Guest JBo (Watertown, CT)
- Date of stay 08/17/13
- Review Submitted 09/02/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, adventure seekers.
Couldn't have been nicer!
Couldn't have been nicer!
Our week on Highland Lake at this lovely lakeside lodge couldn't have been any nicer! This is a wonderful property. The location is private and quiet, situated on a point with gorgeous water views from all angles of the house. The carriage house has a great space with a bathroom and kitchen area that worked perfectly for our family with a new baby. There is something for everyone including a shallow sandy area for our two little grandsons and their parents to a great raft and tubes and kayaks for more experienced swimmers. We loved the house itself from it's great fieldstone fireplace and comfortable family space, and bedrooms and well equipped kitchen to the outdoor hammock, dock and patio with night time music around the fire pit. We watched the elegant eagle circle around the lake scouting for breakfast and talked with the loons and ducks that regularly visited. We swam like fish, fished for fish, hiked at nearby Shawnee Peak, painted, did a 1,000 piece puzzle in 24 hours and cooked lobster and steak on the grill. Did a little shopping in quaint Bridgton and discovered some good restaurants in town, Beth's Kitchen (http://www.bethskitchencafe.com) for breakfast and lunch, and in nearby Naples, Brays Brewing (http://braysbrewpub.com) for dinner. Our memories of this lovely vacation spot are still vibrant and beautiful and we can't help but dream about our next family vacation on Highland Lake!
- Guest Maryclare h.
- Date of stay 07/13/13
- Review Submitted 07/28/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway, adventure seekers, romantic getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Discounts: 8 nights or more: $430 Nightly
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $750
- Tax Rate 7%
100% refund if canceled at least 90 days before arrival date.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Portland Maine at 45 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Route 302 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Portland Maine at 45 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Black horse tavern at 2 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Shawnee Peak at 5 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Bridgton Highlands Golf Club at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Kens Kove at 1 Miles
Authentic Maine Camp Renovated, Lakefront, amazing views from every room
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, November 12, 2013
4 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.