Make Lifelong Yosemite Memories in a Charming Wawona Cabin!
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Wawona cabin description
This cabin is a perfect vacation spot! It is well-equipped, immaculate, spacious yet cozy and nicely decorated.
It's large picture windows reveal the beautiful wooded surroundings. Ideal for families, it has a master with a queen bed, a second bedroom with a queen bed and an adjoining area with two bunk beds perfect for kids... so it can comfortably sleep eight. It features two bathrooms... one with a shower and the other with a shower/tub combo. Bed linens and bath towels are provided. The kitchen is very well-equipped and is adjacent to a large dining room table that can be expanded for additional seating. (Groceries are readily available from either of two quaint markets/gift stores within one mile.) Living room furniture includes a fold-out sofa. Closets are stocked with games, books and movies. Flat screen television features Direct TV access and a VCR/DVD combo. If you must work, high speed internet is available. Off the back of the cabin, there is an impressive large, elevated deck that is surrounded by pine trees while letting in plenty of sunshine. (During the day, it's a fabulous place for wild-life viewing, and at night, it's great for star-gazing!) The deck is outfitted with plenty of furniture and a gas BBQ. The location is fabulous... featuring great proximity to the river and Wawona conveniences, while delivering privacy off the beaten path. All-around great accommodations for a family or group!
- 1400 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 4-8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Pantry Items
- Towels Provided
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Video Library
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
- Freshwater Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Ski Lift Privileges
- Basketball Court
- Rock Climbing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Fly Fishing
- Gambling Casinos
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Experience spectacular and pristine Yosemite National Park away from the crowd and from the comfort of a well-equipped, cozy cabin. Immediate access to fun swimming in the Merced River, outstanding wildlife viewing, glorious mountain views, exhilarating hiking, accessible skiing/boarding and much, much more! Golfers, you couldn't ask for a prettier setting. Distance runners, you've found a great place to train. Photographers, bring your equipment and prepare to be inspired. Families, grab your rafts and a picnic... You'll love relaxing on the river beaches. And if you're feeling more adventurous, you can celebrate (or recapture!) your youth by jumping off rocks into the refreshing, clear waters of the Merced. If you're planning a winter visit, kids will be elated with the sledding hills just steps from the front door. Return home for a relaxing BBQ or a glass of wine on a fabulous deck (and don't forget to greet the deer meandering by while you eat.) Warm up in the cabin by playing games or reading near the fire if the nights get chilly. For exercise, don't miss a lovely hike up Chilnualna Creek (or opt for a less strenuous horse back ride!) Try your luck for native rainbow or brown trout in the rivers and creeks in the area. Stop by and appreciate the rich history of the area captured at the Pioneer Yosemite History Center, a beautiful one mile walk from the cabin. Hop in the car for a short drive to marvel at the giant sequoias at the Mariposa Tree Grove. So much to do... Don't forget to relax as you enjoy all that the cabin, Wawona and Yosemite have to offer! Don't miss the following local attractions: The historic Wawona Hotel, 9-hole Wawona Golf Course, Wawona stables, Covered Bridge & Pioneer Living History Center, Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias, Lower & Upper Chilnualna Falls, 6 Hiking Trailheads, South Fork of the Merced River, Yosemite Valley waterfalls/Half Dome/El Capitan (22 miles), Badger Pass Ski/Winter Sports area (18 miles), Bass Lake waterskiing (30 miles), Chukchansi Gold Resort and Casino (30 miles) ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
Rates range from $319-$455/night. Price varies based on number of people and time of year. Kindly email or call for cost of your stay. Please say 'I saw your VRBO listing #458988 for Cabin #57 at 8052 Cedar Lane'. Property Management firm will detail rates and fees based on timing of visit. Ask about Current Specials and Weekly rates. Repeat customer discount available.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Fresno Yosemite International Airport at 69 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 41 at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Badger Pass at 19 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Wawona Golf Course at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Wawona Hotel Dining Room at 1.5 Miles
Year Purchased: 1978
About: Originally purchased by an ambitious mom and dad while the family of nine kids were attending pre-school/ grade school/high school, this beautiful vacation spot has been a treasure for the Williams family for years. Ever since the days when we packed into the old Ford station wagon and drove up from Southern California, this cabin has been the site of many of our happiest memories. It's been very well-maintained and has been updated/improved through the years, but to this day we still recognize it as one of our favorite places on earth! We hope you enjoy making lasting memories in our cabin as much as we have!
You couldn't ask for a better vacation spot! It's completely rural yet very accessible, provides all of the comforts of home and allows one to enjoy nature in a quiet setting away from the crowds. There's plenty to do and lots of fun to be had in the immediate area. And it's located in a pretty strong contender for the most beautiful place on earth! What more could you ask for? We have never for a moment regretted the easy decision to snap up this rare jewel, and have made the most of it ever since the day we bought it! Come see what it's all about!
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
It's comfortable. It's clean. It's well-maintained. It's in a great location. You'll settle down on the beautiful back deck and never want to leave!
- Primary: +1 866-276-3051
Links to more information:
The Williams Retreat
Back Deck with BBQ
Nearby Yosemite Valley
Back Deck (3)
Living Room with fold-out sofa
Open concept Dining/Kitchen
Wawona Dome from the Merced, just minutes from the front door
Nearby Badger Pass
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, May 23, 2013