Ideally Located in an Established Community in Central Florida
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Lakeland house description
The master bedroom is located en suite in the opposite side of the house from the other two bedrooms, permitting privacy for two families to share. A large pool area, overlooked from the dining room-kitchen or the lanai, mature tropical plants and flowers in the garden, makes this an ideal home away from home. 5 minutes from the Polk Parkway, gives you access to the entire spectrum of central Florida attractions, beaches and activities. Don´t forget the 30+ golf courses in Lakeland itself, the unique Frank Lloyd Wright architecture in the city center, the lake walks or the many restaurant choices nearby.
- 234 m²
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Smoking Allowed:
- Events Allowed
- Pets Not Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
- Master en suite bedroom features Danish designer bed and wardrobe, as well as build-in wardrobe. Tempur-pedic mattress. Large room containing desk and area with extra futon double bed, and 2 single futon chairs. Smaller children that want to be nearby can therefore have their own beds behind the screen, but in the same room....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Music Library
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Roller Blading
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Basketball Court
- Pier Fishing
- Water Parks
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Horseback Riding
- Botanical Garden
- Theme Parks
- Wildlife Viewing
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Outlet Shopping
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Ideally situated in central Florida, with easy access to the known 'attractions,' like Disney, (50 minutes), Legoland (30 minutes), Bok Tower Gardens built on the highest point in Florida (40 minutes) the Tampa Bay areas many fine beaches and night-life, as well as the incredible nature that most tourists seem to miss. Paddle down the river in a canoe or kayak, viewing the birds, wildlife, and wild flowers. In Lakeland itself, the historic Polk theatre has live music, the university buildings are one of the largest collections of Frank Lloyd Wright-designed buildings, the lake in town with many water-fowl and a running, cycling and skating path all round. Explore the old cobble-stone areas of the city center or play golf on one of the 30+ golf courses in Lakeland. Lakeland-Linder airport is home to the second largest fly-in and air show in the world, after Oshkosh. The museums at the airport satisfy the aviation interested. Are you a pilot, take your seaplane rating nearby. Radio-controlled pilots will also find a great field for their interests with many world-champion aircraft based in the area, as well as a manufacturer. Compared to a hotel, in our well/equipped kitchen, you can save by preparing many of your meals, have a tea or coffee when it suits you, relax in your own pool or go for a quiet walk in the friendly residential area. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great location in neighborhood setting and a large family kitchen
Great location in neighborhood setting and a large family kitchen
The owner was very nice and answers all questions promptly. Our family had a wonderful time. The neighbors were also very kind and helpful. When we arrived, the house was very clean and inviting. The setup of the bedrooms is asset if two families were sharing accomodations. The spacious well organized kitchen and living room provide room for everyone with lots of dvds, games, books to enjoy. The pool is nice size but with record breaking cold temps, we did not use. We explored the downtown Lakeland area, visited the Circle B Nature Preserve to observe lots of wildlife, Plant City antique shops with stop at Parkesdale Fruit Market for best Strawberry Shortcake/Milkshakes and caught a few Detroit Tiger Spring Training baseball games. Thanks for sharing your home with us
- Guest SLC (Virginia)
- Date of stay 03/24/13
- Review Submitted 03/28/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, people with disabilities, families with teenagers, families with young children, sightseeing.
Great spacious house with all facilities
Great spacious house with all facilities
My buddy and I stayed in Lakeland 6 days in March 2013. We rented this house as we found the house ideal for our purpose (golfing around the Tampa and Orlando area). The spacious house is very well equipped with three bedrooms, one master and to others. All have nice beds and plenty of space. A nice large fully equipped kitchen provides all the comfort and facilities to do all meals yourself. There is a cozy living room with a large dvd collection to dig in to in case of thunderstorms or just evening relaxation. An outdoor livingroom / patio gives the opportunity to sit almost outside and enjoy meals or a late night snack. Two spacious bathrooms finalize the indoor housing and again provides plenty of space for up to six persons. Outside is a nice heated pool and several chairs and tables. The neighborhood is very friendly and it is a quiet and peacefull area. We can highly recommend doing grocery shopping in the nearby Publix supermarket at Lake Miriam square. They had an astonishing selection of everything. Are you into good wines the next door wine shop has a magnificent selection of great wines from around the world.
- Guest kroelle (Denmark)
- Date of stay 03/12/13
- Review Submitted 03/25/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, age 55+, families with teenagers, families with young children, sightseeing.
Owner response: These people have stayed now three times and have written a fine review of the local golf courses. If other golfers are coming, I will send it to you. The only thing I would like to correct, is that the pool is heated by the sun. Christian and his Danish friends are always welcome back!
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
There is a car available for 300 dollars a week. Must be returned with full tank at departure. Pick-up can be arranged at area airports, Tampa, Orlando or Lakeland for a small charge.
Rentals must be paid in advance, including a cleaning deposit of 125 dollars.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Lakeland Linder at 6.5 Miles
- Nearest Train: Lakeland at 5 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Polk Parkway at 2 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Clearwater beach, 1 hour and 20 minutes at 60 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Several in area, at 3 Miles
- Nearest Golf: 24 Varied golf courses in area at 2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Large selection on South Florida at 2 Miles
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: Owned by a Nordic family, whose work led them to Florida, then back to Europe, it was a sad thing to cut the ties to our Florida home. By sharing it with others, we share the local joys, the weather, the relaxing lifestyle, and can still keep the house for when we can get back. Many friends, family and friends we have not yet met have stayed and keep coming back for Sun n Fun, the beaches, golf, tennis, birdwatching and the Orlando-area attractions. Easy to get to, and a welcome relief to leave the other tourists behind to their hectic stays at plastic hotels and come 'home.' Pick up fresh sushi from the sushi chef at Publix, eat at one of the area restaurants, grill poolside, it just feels good here!
Why the Owner Chose Lakeland:
Of course, the kids can play in a hotel pool, but what a joy to have them just outside the window. Relax with a book in the lanai if the sun is too hot midday, or under the parasol outside. The friendly neighbors and quiet area, yet just 5 minutes to the Polk Parkway and the interstate to Tampa or Orlando. Bring your own bikes and cruise the secondary roads to Daytona, out to the Gulf beaches, view the manatees or what-ever catches your fancy. Want a dip after putting the youngest to bed? Light up the underwater lights and night-swim. Cap it off with a glass of wine or a beer under the stars.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Great pool, fully-equiped house, from good beds to a well-stocked library in Danish, English, and some German books. Our DVD and CD collections are also available for viewing and listening. Sit in the lanai an evening with a major thunderstorm. Inside, yet outside, with Nature providing a lightshow with soundtrack, the thunder rolling to compete with the music while you chat together round the teak table.
- Primary: +8636140954
- Secondary: +44 02032874161 Please leave a message and I will get back to you.
- Tertiary: +45 36967720 Hvis vi ikke svarer, læg besked og vi ringer.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Lovely garden flowers
We have a full collection of board games, including chess.
House viewed from the parasol table over the pool
Reflections of the dining room in the placid pool in the evening
Discover the real Florida nature on a river paddle journey! Large turtles...
The gray room, Queen-sized new beds
Garden path from pool
House in established, friendly area
Huge kitchen with serving window to lanai, breakfast bar, coffee machine etc
Lovely teak table and chairs. This is one of three dining possibilities!
Garden pathway near pool
When did you last relax and have a simple game?
View from pool in to dining room in the evening
Turn on the flood lights, light the torches or wine by candle-light by the pool
Halloween celebration....be who you want to be. Ybor City famous parties!
View to the underwater-lighted pool from the dining room.
Relax poolside in the sun, shade under the parasol, breakfast or moonlight!
Master tempurpedic BR, w/ desk & extra sofa 'quiet area,' can sleep 2-4 more
Other half of kitchen, light and plenty of workspace, fully-equipped
Large living room with TV, reading area, library, CD and DVD collections!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, July 22, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.